PDA

View Full Version : problems with box...

JiltedJedi
29th May, 2008, 09:00 PM
hey guys,

i think im losing my mind trying to sort this box out!

got a new box from germany its a nokia dbox2, with fancy blue lights.

anyway my image of choice is the sportster sp17+_2xuk05.img

i have 2 boxes set up at the moment one to the living room and one to the bedroom. got a 2 way cable splitter 5-2400mhz

not had a problem with the signal before. anyway when i put the box on it is ok for a few minutes....... and then it starts to stutter and freeze, i have checked the signal strength and first it is 30-50 BER but when it stutters and freezes it goes to 26400, i have checked the connections and swapped them over from bedroom to living room but still the box wont work for me

im wondering is it a tempremental box that only likes a certain image.

if theres something wrong with it then i will have to ship it back to germany!

any advice will be much appreciated

thanks in advance

JJ

michie
29th May, 2008, 09:29 PM
my pal had the same problem he got a signal booster from argos about 8 pound i think it sorted his box . or it could be the image some boxes are
tempromental

JiltedJedi
29th May, 2008, 09:33 PM
ive just tried it again, flashed the image on it, put services and bouquets on t and then when i stuck it n it worked for 5 mins.... then it just froze :(

i think i wil have to send it back, its probably a dodgy connection from the cable wire to the box....

any suggestions about a good clean image?

michie
29th May, 2008, 09:35 PM
laky pro is a good image to try works fine on my nokia

Devilfish
29th May, 2008, 10:25 PM
Try it on the main feed, without any splitters and see how it lasts. If it's fine like that then it's a signal problem and it might be a weak tuner or there's some components that are old/dry.

If it still freezes, send it back.