PDA

View Full Version : dbox2 problem

michie
29th May, 2008, 09:40 PM
Now this is going sound really daft .But i bought a dbox2 off ebay the guy said it had a broken connecter so fair enough bought it and said i would get a tuner so i did off ebay now i put the tuner in he said he had already put laky pro image on so i put the tuner in and guess what it came up with astra channels when i went to do a scan . is there any thing i can do apart from take the tuner backout cheers michie

<--michie added 36 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...-->

its ok ladies and gents different chips inside tuner comes out rest in bin
at least ive learned from it.

Devilfish
29th May, 2008, 10:18 PM
If you're getting astra settings, it can't communicate with the tuner and it assumes it's a satellite box, that's why you're getting satellite configurations.

michie
29th May, 2008, 10:23 PM
does that mean ive put the tuner in wrong devilfish . or the tuner is broken

Devilfish
29th May, 2008, 10:33 PM
Could be either. Either it's not talking to it because you've put it in wrong (it's not that hard to install, put it in the holes and solder it in) or it's faulty.

I've uploaded a FAQ about dbox tuners here that you can take a look at. Thanks to PT-1. :)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=237

johnlogie
1st June, 2008, 01:26 PM
Can someone tell me how to flash and whot image to use?

chrispeters
2nd June, 2008, 07:25 PM
Can someone tell me how to flash and whot image to use?

There are some real good "guides" in the download section m8.

techquest
3rd June, 2008, 10:15 AM
Use a null modem cable & lan connection through my router, though you can use an xover directly from PC to box, using IFA to flash the image.

You must make sure you get the turning off and on of the box in the correct step in the procedure. You will also need to be sure that your firewall allows the IFA connection to pass data, IFA seems to like the IP Addy 192.168.0.202so suggest that you set that in the Network addy on the box and include it in your firewalls allowed IP addy's. Also put your image in your root C: drive so its easy for you to point IFA to it.

nkw59
4th June, 2008, 02:52 PM
its not the satellite version of the d box is it ?

ruprect
6th June, 2008, 12:12 PM
I had a working dbox that was looking for astra channels before, dunno why. Can't even remember if it was on the image that came with it (german) I am 90% sure it was. I just stuck on andromeda and it was fine.

The broken connector could easily be fixed, did the tail piece just fall off? you can make a quick botch job, soldering 2 wires on and the soldering or twisting them onto coax.

harby_d
9th June, 2008, 08:57 PM
you say u had a dbox2 sat, did it scan all the channels even the encrypted ones??