Anybody concerned about it????
should we be concerned about it????

thered
28th April, 2009, 07:37 PM
no

not really just dont go to mexico or eat fajitas

aftermath
28th April, 2009, 07:40 PM
4 in 10 in the UK will contract it according to experts if there is an epidemic. So it could be worrying.

We here this sort of thing every now and then .

Mate of mine is going to Mexico in 6 weeks time, its not putting him off, and he even got a letter from Thomas Cook saying he can change it.

thered
28th April, 2009, 07:46 PM
wasnt so long ago we were all getting bird flu what happened

flu is the flu its killed around 100 people in mexico city which holds around 20,000,000 people packed like sardines 0.003% or sumoething like it i wont be worrid our own flu kills more in this country mainly old people though and when its cold

paul robinson and heurlio gomes should not worry they couldnt catch a cold i too wont be losing any sleep

Mr Pumpy
28th April, 2009, 08:06 PM
The media can deffo hype it all up can't they. As Red said, last year it was bird flu and what became of that?

But.... when all said and done, yer can't beat mother nature and nature will always be able to adapt to owt we can throw at it.

gmb45
28th April, 2009, 08:13 PM
i think the missus has got swine flu.

Jaffa
28th April, 2009, 08:15 PM
At least it gives the conspiracy theorists something to harp on about, the net is bubbling with conspiracy theories about this.....some are class, from Obama trying to get polocies through to Brown using it to take the bad look off Labour, then theirs the one that it is man made and being used to prune the population and another is that the Pharmacutecal companies started it to sell their cures for it.

Get your tin hat on and read some of them they are great for a laugh.

Mr Pumpy
28th April, 2009, 09:08 PM
Ive heard yer can get some oinkment for this swine flu anyway.

westkill
28th April, 2009, 09:15 PM
any cheap flights to mexico yet lol

Mr Pumpy
28th April, 2009, 09:17 PM
any cheap flights to mexico yet lol

Mines been cancelled, im pig sick.

forntida
28th April, 2009, 09:44 PM
It has been started to bring the unemployment queues down. It only affects the 20 to 40 age range. That would suggest to me that people who caught the flu in the 1957 epidemic are more or less immune.

Nobody other than me has said this so after this post has been read it will be tomorrows headlines.:roflmao:

thered
28th April, 2009, 09:47 PM
i seem to be coming out in a rash.......er

westkill
28th April, 2009, 10:01 PM
i rasher of swine flu lol
:roflmao:

RedSpider
28th April, 2009, 10:24 PM
i'l believe in pig flu when i see a pig fly

Lainie
28th April, 2009, 10:37 PM
far too much hype re it all. mad cows, bird flu now pigs christ the list is bloody endless.

plenty mad cows in glasgow mind lol

Ballistic
28th April, 2009, 10:38 PM
Oh looky we can follow it on the swinefluoggle map

Swine Flu: Map Tracking Worldwide Cases Following Influenza Outbreak In Mexico (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Interactive-Graphics/Swine-Flu-Map)

B

forntida
28th April, 2009, 11:08 PM
far too much hype re it all. mad cows, bird flu now pigs christ the list is bloody endless.

plenty mad cows in glasgow mind lol

:roflmao:

Not as bad as here Lainie, they opened new ladies toilets, they had a sign 'No Dogs Allowed'. Nobody uses them.:roflmao:

alunfennell
29th April, 2009, 12:50 AM
Too many of us on the planet anyway Nature has to kill us off a bit from time to time....Shame all these infections are always given a Animal referance in there name .....Not the Mexacian Idiot who spreed it or was mucking around with his little piggies in the first place......

Regards:
Alun

RedSpider
29th April, 2009, 12:56 AM
The media can deffo hype it all up can't they. As Red said, last year it was bird flu and what became of that?

But.... when all said and done, yer can't beat mother nature and nature will always be able to adapt to owt we can throw at it.

and lets not forget the hong kong flu-ey from about 6/7 years ago.
i predict mouse cough as the next big thing

forntida
29th April, 2009, 08:16 AM

will you not need a trap to catch that?

zaphodbb
29th April, 2009, 03:22 PM
hey guys its all our fault one beer to many and ......

alunfennell
29th April, 2009, 03:40 PM
hey guys its all our fault one beer to many and ......

At last we have a picture of the dirty Mexican Gringo that started this all off ....but the other photos are to disturbing to bring you ..... put it this way he is not going to be getting any Congical Visits in prison....lol

melloned
29th April, 2009, 07:01 PM
:beer: Whats the old saying " every pig has a silver lining " , or something like that , the Builders merchants my mate works for has already sold out of bunny masks.
They're getting new stock in tomorrow and doubling the price !
Greedy Pigs ! :laugh:

Bulld0g
29th April, 2009, 07:05 PM
I don't understand how you can make fun of something as serious as this. I phoned the NHS direct helpline to find out as much as i could about it, but all's i got was crackling on the line . ;)

zaphodbb
29th April, 2009, 07:05 PM
:beer: Whats the old saying " every pig has a silver lining " , or something like that , the Builders merchants my mate works for has already sold out of bunny masks.
They're getting new stock in tomorrow and doubling the price !
Greedy Pigs ! :laugh:

talk about mixed metaphors mell m8 your more pi55ed than me silver lining indeed :roflmao:

melloned
29th April, 2009, 07:08 PM
I don't understand how you can make fun of something as serious as this. I phoned the NHS direct helpline to find out as much as i could about it, but all's i got was crackling on the line . ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Luv the old crackling me Mate !

yamar1
29th April, 2009, 10:36 PM
i think the missus has got swine flu.

Know the feeling m8,,, might kill them off yet!:laugh:

bluefin
29th April, 2009, 11:04 PM
glasgi has always had hunners a mad cows @w/ends FFS ANYWAY...... ive got a complaint to make to lawson of dyce....... ther 8 slice pack of smoked bacon is a SWINE to open :laugh:

buckser
29th April, 2009, 11:49 PM
how did it start!!

RedSpider
30th April, 2009, 11:00 AM
how did it start!!

somebody bummed a pig, i reckon. god knows what them mexicans get upto

krazylegz
30th April, 2009, 11:15 AM

:roflmao: think you could be right lol

forntida
30th April, 2009, 11:28 AM
They are coming to get us;

StreetPeddler.com flying_animal (http://www.streetpeddler.com/cgi-bin/street/dynam.html?prod_group=toys&category=under_10&type=flying_animal&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=flying%2Banimal&gclid=CLvF5OCxmJoCFcZM5QodGTJbCA)

caveman_nige
30th April, 2009, 12:04 PM
WHO has raised their warning level to 5, the highest they have.. So now they are definately saying its pandemic and are also saying deaths are certain, its just case of will be hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands...

alunfennell
30th April, 2009, 12:08 PM

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/thumb/5/59/Newsman1.JPG/300px-Newsman1.JPG
Reports now seem to lead to the host been a frog ..... A frog is been questioned and Quarinteened at a secure location....

http://blog.wakeupwalmart.com/ufcw/kermit-the-frog.jpg

Other family members are due to be questioned at some time today...

http://images.wikia.com/puppet/images/7/7f/Miss_Piggy.jpg
There has been no comment made from the frogs wife

C64
30th April, 2009, 12:13 PM
WHO has raised their warning level to 5, the highest they have.. So now they are definately saying its pandemic and are also saying deaths are certain, its just case of will be hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands...

People die from the flu every day anyway.

Warning Level 5 my arse!

:)

caveman_nige
30th April, 2009, 12:15 PM
sure people do but what it gotta do with your arse...

C64
30th April, 2009, 12:17 PM
sure people do but what it gotta do with your arse...

That's where the Flu started. :)

caveman_nige
30th April, 2009, 12:19 PM
:roflmao: horrible thought..

Mr Pumpy
30th April, 2009, 05:34 PM

What the fek does roger Daltrey know about swine Flu??????

sandiemag
30th April, 2009, 07:21 PM
Swine Flu hits Sunderland

Mr Pumpy
30th April, 2009, 09:35 PM

lol lol....thats just wrong.

RedSpider
30th April, 2009, 09:38 PM

I don't know. Who?

.: JaCkPoT :.
30th April, 2009, 09:44 PM
level6 means no school or work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Pumpy
30th April, 2009, 09:45 PM

mouse cough...lol lol

sandiemag
30th April, 2009, 09:48 PM
level6 means no school or work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to like Level 42.

How bad would that be.......

Man that bass guitarist could rock.

RedSpider
30th April, 2009, 09:54 PM
i am not worried, i eat bacon but not pig snot

Mr Pumpy
30th April, 2009, 09:57 PM
Do pigs know just how damn tasty they are??

RedSpider
30th April, 2009, 10:07 PM
i asked a pig that very question once but all he did was snort at me.
just plain pig ignorant

my apologies, it's been a long day lol

Lainie
30th April, 2009, 11:17 PM
love bacon but my god pigs are ugly ~~~~ers!!! mind the dont have much of a life. live in muck, fed to get fat then get killed. nearly as bad as cows lol

thank god im no a pig or a cow lmfao

:laugh::eviltongue::laugh:

xant14
30th April, 2009, 11:19 PM
love bacon but my god pigs are ugly ~~~~ers!!! mind the dont have much of a life. live in muck, fed to get fat then get killed. nearly as bad as cows lol

thank god im no a pig or a cow lmfao

:laugh::eviltongue::laugh:

No-one dare make a comment on that!

pussyca
1st May, 2009, 12:26 AM
Well the 'pig' I was married to 'flu' off with the local barmaid 10 years ago, so I would suspect he was the 'swine' that started it all off !!:guns:

Jaffa
1st May, 2009, 12:40 AM
Well the 'pig' I was married to 'flu' off with the local barmaid 10 years ago, so I would suspect he was the 'swine' that started it all off !!:guns:

I bet the barmaid had big tits and a nice a$$....not saying you don't mind you but I agree he must have been a swine anyway.....:laugh:

NumberSeven
1st May, 2009, 12:50 AM
This Sh*t Is Crazy

Amonhotep
1st May, 2009, 02:15 AM
All, been away for a while on business, but people die annually from "normal" flu. The media didn't raise a flag for the nearly 500k that died last year. I think if concentrated numbers people started dying then I would worry. My two pence to help make the pound.
Amonhotep

RedSpider
1st May, 2009, 12:03 PM
All, been away for a while on business, but people die annually from "normal" flu. The media didn't raise a flag for the nearly 500k that died last year. I think if concentrated numbers people started dying then I would worry. My two pence to help make the pound.
Amonhotep

normal flu don't make the headlines because it doesn't sound interesting enough. its got to be space flu or bird flu or orangutan flu or turn your face inside out flu

sandiemag
1st May, 2009, 12:44 PM
looks like another ploy by the government to hide some more bad news.

mickeyboy
1st May, 2009, 12:58 PM
MY MISSUS WONT FILL THE CAR UP SHE`S FRIGHTENED OF SWINE FLU I TOLD HER ITS IN MEXICO NOT TEXACO

pussyca
1st May, 2009, 02:01 PM
Jaffa
She had a big nose if that counts!! But the icing on the cake is she too is devorcing him now so ' what goes around comes around' ....
Just seen the news regarding the swine flu and it reads like the Eurovision song contest scoring: Germany 1, Norway 2, Canada 13, Nederlands 1. The only difference is UK 5, so really that's nothing like the Euro contest as we always get Nill Points !

camelv
1st May, 2009, 02:19 PM
Jaffa
She had a big nose if that counts!! But the icing on the cake is she too is devorcing him now so ' what goes around comes around' ....
Just seen the news regarding the swine flu and it reads like the Eurovision song contest scoring: Germany 1, Norway 2, Canada 13, Nederlands 1. The only difference is UK 5, so really that's nothing like the Euro contest as we always get Nill Points !

obviously the guy is a pure asshole and is getting what he deserves.

Mr Pumpy
1st May, 2009, 04:59 PM
Wonder what they give the pigs when they get flu????

Maybe the farmers tuck em in bed with a hot water bottle and mop their heads with a damp cloth.

Bless em.

gmb45
1st May, 2009, 06:51 PM
Swine flu - everything you need to know : Directgov - Swineflu (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Swineflu/DG_177831?CID=SFlu&TYPE=sponsoredsearch&CRE=2)

forntida
1st May, 2009, 11:24 PM
:roflmao:Has anyone noticed the similarity between the swine flu germs and pork pies?:roflmao:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/swineflu.jpg

druid02
5th May, 2009, 10:46 PM
i just rang the NHS help desk about this swine flu. All I could hear was crackling!!??

Mr Pumpy
7th May, 2009, 05:44 PM
By the looks of it this swine flu has been blown out of all proportion, last week on the news and in the papers you'd have thought the world was about to end.

lfc4life
7th May, 2009, 05:45 PM
well thats the media for you :(

caveman_nige
15th May, 2009, 09:24 PM
is this where swine flu came from?

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/56500/BABE-IS-PISSED--56567.jpg

demonite55
17th May, 2009, 01:02 AM
I called the help line to see if my cold symptoms were related to this swine flu but all I heard was crackling :laugh:

demonite55
17th May, 2009, 01:03 AM
Think you may have mad cows disease ... MUFC!!!

Lainie
3rd June, 2009, 07:35 AM
will be in the papers today that 2 people are in a critical condition in paisleys royal alexandra hospital which is a mile from me!!!

gmb45
3rd June, 2009, 07:42 AM
will be in the papers today that 2 people are in a critical condition in paisleys royal alexandra hospital which is a mile from me!!!hmmm no comment :D

forntida
3rd June, 2009, 07:46 AM

I hear 60,000 Newcastle fans went down too.:D

At a briefing on Tuesday, Scottish Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said 23 new confirmed cases of swine flu had been confirmed in Scotland in the past 24 hours.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8079598.stm

Most of the above are all Rangers supporters who were on the same bus to Dundee.

Lainie
3rd June, 2009, 09:25 AM
hmmm no comment :D

theres a first!!!!

:dancing2:

forntida
3rd June, 2009, 10:03 AM
Typical Scotland. Look at us, we have more swine flu cases than you have.:D

Almost as bad as people from Yorkshire.:afraid::giveup:

Mr Pumpy
3rd June, 2009, 06:22 PM
Typical Scotland. Look at us, we have more swine flu cases than you have.:D

Almost as bad as people from Yorkshire.:afraid::giveup:

Don't make me come round there, ive gorra cloth cap and a whippet and i'm not affraid to use em.

forntida
3rd June, 2009, 07:53 PM
Don't make me come round there, ive gorra cloth cap and a whippet and i'm not affraid to use em.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/yorkshireman.jpg
I will not sleep tonight with the knowledge that Yorkshire Man is on his way up here. Then again the Johnnie Walker bottling plant is about a mile from my home. He won't get past that.:cheers:

Lainie
3rd June, 2009, 10:35 PM
wonder if we will get sent home from work?? must try 2moz lol

forntida
24th July, 2009, 07:57 AM
Has anyone tried the new vaccine yet. Mr Brown is proud that England is the first country in the world to try out the vaccine on 'his' subjects. Is anyone willing to be a guinea pig?

It would appear that anyone who caught the 1957 Asian flu are 'reasonably' immune to this strain of the virus. So it would appear that Zap(maybe) and I could be safe.http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/whistling.gif

zaphodbb
24th July, 2009, 08:13 AM
im a bit worried about all this, i plan to fly to london in sept then after a few days on to miami, im surprised the usa has not stopped visitors from the uk, or if they have plans to do so in the near future. im a bit out of touch here as to whats going on so if anyone has any news in the future please pm me or post. its just my luck if it all ends up a cluster fcuk http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Synnabun/EMOTICONS/suicideuf2.gif

thered
24th July, 2009, 09:11 AM
im a bit worried about all this, i plan to fly to london in sept then after a few days on to miami, im surprised the usa has not stopped visitors from the uk, or if they have plans to do so in the near future. im a bit out of touch here as to whats going on so if anyone has any news in the future please pm me or post. its just my luck if it all ends up a cluster fcuk http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Synnabun/EMOTICONS/suicideuf2.gif

to be fair i think there are more people in the usa with swineflu than in britain

davieboy.rfc
24th July, 2009, 12:55 PM
nope good hygene helps

Mr Pumpy
24th July, 2009, 05:01 PM
I read in a paper last week that there might be some kind of flight restrictions in the future.

zaphodbb
24th July, 2009, 05:05 PM
I read in a paper last week that there might be some kind of flight restrictions in the future.

thanks pumpy thats cheered me up no end

Mr Pumpy
24th July, 2009, 05:11 PM
thanks pumpy thats cheered me up no end

I think if there's gonna be restrictions it'll effect people going on their hols next year.

Changing the subject a bit. When we was in London there was no end of people walking about with surgical masks on, mostly on the Tube and being worn mostly by our oriental friends.

forntida
24th July, 2009, 05:12 PM
I think if there's gonna be restrictions it'll effect people going on their hols next year.

Changing the subject a bit. When we was in London there was no end of people walking about with surgical masks on, mostly on the Tube and being worn mostly by our oriental friends.

They must have been warned of your imminent arrival.

Mr Pumpy
24th July, 2009, 05:16 PM
They must have been warned of your imminent arrival.

:thefinger:

That is all.

zaphodbb
24th July, 2009, 05:19 PM
:thefinger:

That is all.

hmmm back to "normal" pumps :roflmao:

aftermath
24th July, 2009, 05:26 PM

if you have ever been to Japan you will see thousands walking around with the masks on, even when they get a cold, its to stop spreading their disease, maybe we should take a lesson from them on this..

Mr Pumpy
24th July, 2009, 05:35 PM
if you have ever been to Japan you will see thousands walking around with the masks on, even when they get a cold, its to stop spreading their disease, maybe we should take a lesson from them on this..

Thats explains it a bit then.
Everyday on the tube there were folks with surgical masks on (oriental), also in crowded places.
It looked daft but maybe we'll start seeing it more often as time goes by??

caveman_nige
24th July, 2009, 08:20 PM
at my work they have handed out bottles of anti-bacterial soap (the stuff that you do not need water with) and dotted them all around, three of my colleagues are off sick with this swine flu. We have notices everywhere about hygene etc,,, yet one of the managers who brushes his teeth every hour or so and thinks he is the healthiest man alive has a habit of going for a dump and walking straight back to his desk without stopping to wash his hands... Some of my colleagues are openly starting to talk about wearing these facemask things, i know the government don't want people to panic but surely if we all started wearing them then it would stop/slow the spread, they will be cheaper to issue than medicine and a nurse to administer it..

It must have some benefits although anybody seen wearing one will loose cool points at the pub and stand no chance of getting their hands down some lgirl's calvin kleins. I think we will start to see more people wearing them as this thing begins to effect every street in our land... I have a ~~~~ed immune system so will be considering this option myself should it get as bad as they doom sayers are predicting... I do not wanna cath it and bring it home to my family...

Each to their own i say, I wonder how attitudes will change as winter sets in and this flu spreads.... don't be afraid of looking the fool if you are worried...

janobi
24th July, 2009, 08:55 PM
lmao. I am currently working for the Pandemic flu thing, so all questions can be aimed at me if you wish.

Yeah Japan with the face masks thing is mad. Seen it whilst I was there, but would never catch on here, as people are just rude and ignorant, and would rather sneeze or cough on you.

Mr Pumpy
24th July, 2009, 09:18 PM
Good post Nige.

I think the antibacterial hand wash is a common sense type of idea that should work well in the office environment like your nige.
But...I still think we have to remember that for most people getting this flu is no different from getting any other flu. The common a garden flu unfortunately kills hundreds of people every year.

But by far the most important part of your post nige was the fact that instead of doing your work, you seem intent on watching people go to the sh1tter.
Now in my book your not only slacking in your work but youve got some kind of toilet fetish. Perhaps you should be less concerned about what this manager does in the bog and more concerned about your work output.

That is all... :laugh::laugh:

Bulld0g
24th July, 2009, 09:21 PM
at my work they have handed out bottles of anti-bacterial soap (the stuff that you do not need water with) and dotted them all around

We have been issued with these too. A really good idea although i must say i can smell the alcohol in it an i just wanna drink it :roflmao:
Upto now i have resisted temptation ;)