PDA

View Full Version : bruteforce for uk location?

billy_boy786
29th May, 2008, 09:19 PM
hi peeps, can someone help me locate which directory the Bruteforce for UK file is on the image?? need it for another image which doesnt have bruteforce...

thanx :embarassed:

Devilfish
29th May, 2008, 10:36 PM
It's a file called cables.xml and should be in /var/tuxbox/config. :)

If you open it with Wordpad you'll see the format and how it's constructed.

billy_boy786
30th May, 2008, 07:42 PM
thanx for the reply, but..

..i was able to find the cables.xml file on my dreambox running a neutrino image, but i cant find it on my dbox, running andromeda v3 (i think) which is also the box im having the trouble with...

i placed the cables.xml file, which i extracted from the dreambox, to var/tuxbox/config in my dbox but still not working properly. when i go to service scan, to perform a scan, cable provider states 'Kable Deutschland', which i can not change??

i tried looking in other directories on the dbox in an attempt to find cables.xml and replace it with the other.. but with no luck...

any advice??

billy_boy786
2nd June, 2008, 09:14 PM
cummon ppl... im a dude in need here??

aftermath
2nd June, 2008, 09:21 PM
what box you got ?

billy_boy786
3rd June, 2008, 12:04 PM
what box you got ?

dbox2, nokia...

MetMan
3rd June, 2008, 02:57 PM
dbox2, nokia...

if u want to pm me ur email addy u can send u a copy....would post a copy but not too sure about the rules

cheers

billy_boy786
3rd June, 2008, 04:43 PM
if u want to pm me ur email addy u can send u a copy....would post a copy but not too sure about the rules

cheers

PM sent mate, cheers

Devilfish
3rd June, 2008, 06:33 PM
Here is the file you need.

Copy it to /var/tuxbox/config and reboot your box. That is the correct location for this file.

Check the scanning settings now.

If it's still the same, copy the file over again then pull the power, wait 10 secs then reboot. See if that helps.

P.S. Rules are here... http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2

billy_boy786
3rd June, 2008, 09:50 PM
thank you MetMan and DevilFish, couldnt get it working.. but a fresh flash had me running as usual, took me a while getting hold of the image and the AU fix .bin files, but it worked out ok, and i can now do a scan... yey! lol

plasterer
3rd June, 2008, 10:07 PM
Andromeda
It goes into Shared /tuxbox
Check it out ..................Paul

billy_boy786
4th June, 2008, 10:18 PM
Andromeda
It goes into Shared /tuxbox
Check it out ..................Paul

thanx for that mate, just checked it out and i couldnt finde a cables.xml in shared/tuxbox, ftp'd the copy i got and what do u know..... it worked perfectly. set my location, done a scan n ive got the lot. only thing ive noticed tho, is on all the dual audio channels (eg sky movies) theres no sound until i press green button and change the audio channel.

any way i can fix this so it picks the correct audio channel it self?

plasterer
4th June, 2008, 11:26 PM
Thanx for the Reply mate
Differant images have it in differant locations
But its either
/var/tuxbox/config or
Shared /tuxbox
Hope this helps pp in the future.................Paul

ruprect
6th June, 2008, 10:39 AM
Thanx for the Reply mate
Differant images have it in differant locations
But its either
/var/tuxbox/config or
Shared /tuxbox
Hope this helps pp in the future.................Paul
Mine is still in neither on andromeda 2.0. Drives me mad as I updated the cables.xml file myself with my own version months ago, it definitely worked as it has my renamed providers. Now I cannot find it at all.