PDA

View Full Version : Replace headlight

Jaffa
29th May, 2008, 10:01 PM
Renault Megan drivers side headlight. I have used google and got all the info about removing wheel etc or messing around for hours trying to get clip back on but what I want is for one of you mechanics to tell me the easiest way you think, that will be good enough for me.

Thanks in advance.

six2
29th May, 2008, 10:12 PM
hi jaffa, if its the megan shaking your ass car and you are just wanting to replace the builb. iv a bit of bad news for you, i had the same prob with mine a few year back and after loads of google , it still had tobe get ya hand in the hole in the wheel arch, i managed it after a few hours lol. before , i did go to renault and asked them, they said they would have to take bumper off to remove the head light at a price. the best 1 was i took it to halfords as they will replace any builb for a fiver. i paid my fiver took my car round the back 3 lads had a go at changing it then gave up and gave me my fiver back lol

smirnoff_rules
29th May, 2008, 10:21 PM
five minute job jaffa . just turn the steering over and get your hand into thst dirty hole . u have done that before lol

Jaffa
29th May, 2008, 11:32 PM
I will give it a go....maybe.

5 minute job Smirf....I may even time myself, I reckon at least 1 hour and a lot of cursing.

Jaffa
30th May, 2008, 12:28 PM
Update.

This was really easy, getting plastic cover off and back on was easiest through wheel arch as Smirf said but I was able to get bulb out from the top so easily. Maybe they have changed the design because all the problems I read about this were about clipping the spring back in place when you couldnt see what you where doing. There was no spring and it just pulled out and pushed back in real easy.

I am not going to say fitting the bulb took 5 minutes but 10 at the most because I put it back together and checked it and it wasnt in properly so I took cover off again and pushed it in properly this time.

Now for the laugh.

Second time I pushed bulb in I decided to check it before putting plastic covers back on and set it on top of engine....you know whats going to happen here Smirf...I would bet on it.
I had to push button to start car so I could check bulb and I heard cover fall off the engine, I thought no probs in is under car but on no it wasnt as the bottom is all covered in...could I find the fekker. I tried driving forward and breaking so it would shoot forward from under engine but no joy so I reversed up a kerb and hoped it would roll forward, no joy again so I was about to take cover off bottom of car when I saw it and was able to push it forward with a piece of wood and got it sorted.

So my 10 minute job took about 30 minutes and about a dozen swear words. Here endeth the essay.

Thanks for help guys.

six2
30th May, 2008, 05:00 PM
it sounds like they have changed the design . glad ya sorted it

smirnoff_rules
30th May, 2008, 05:12 PM
l wish l was there jaf l needed a laugh today

jkyle42
6th July, 2008, 02:33 PM
Its easy if u can get your car up on a ramp

bazibelaid
9th October, 2015, 02:09 PM