PDA

View Full Version : vuduo ups and downs!

jimbofz
31st August, 2013, 12:02 PM
hi everybody need a little help im not a novice but new to vu plus.im ok with tmate ,openbox ect
bought a dead vu+duo on fleabay ,as a retired electronics engineer repaired psu ,
powered up all ok it has a warning sticker on top re using software,it has vix with addons and had only been used for 28 deg .as i have a motorised set up i configured it for tuner a fixed tuner b motor.
d loaded latest motor bouquet ,ftp to box via filezilla ,although it connected ok couldnt transfere the new bouquet ,so tried dreamedit tried for hours to get dreamedit to connect but it kept saying does not recognise box ip ,tried vuduo,vu+duo,box i/p address all with no luck so loaded bouquet onto stick and powered off then with stick powered on nothing happened so powered off and removed stick now sadly the box just hangs with the revolving vix logo?
ive read on this site that other people have had the same problem but b4 i start to reflash ,will i lose all my settings for sealions ,addons ect?,
when the box is stuck on bootloader is it possible to ftp to see what is corrupted?
i just need a little help from someone who has had the same problem as i dont want to make the situation worse

DOUGALMCD
31st August, 2013, 12:12 PM
Format usb load unzipped image put usb into front of box nothing else connected to usb. You will lose everything yes. A good idea to make a full image and settings back up once your sorted. Sometimes when box isn't reading ip address restart router and box again. FTP the channel list.

jimbofz
31st August, 2013, 12:20 PM
thanks for reply, so the mistake i made was to use rear usb skt?
what image would you recommend please?
just so l know for future (as we all sometimes learn by mistakes)is it possible to add to an existing chan bouquet via usb or is it only possible via ftp?

jimbofz
31st August, 2013, 03:40 PM
just connected to filezilla even though the box is stuck on loading ,so now i can look at whats on the box ,is there anyway to correct the corrupt file thats stopping the completion of boot sequence,or if not can i save from filezilla whats on the box now and transfere it back if i get it started with another image?

benny/9
31st August, 2013, 03:56 PM
just connected to filezilla even though the box is stuck on loading ,so now i can look at whats on the box ,is there anyway to correct the corrupt file thats stopping the completion of boot sequence,or if not can i save from filezilla whats on the box now and transfere it back if i get it started with another image?
make sure the stick is formatted first or better still try anouther
usb stick a lot have this problem. vu boxes dont like certain usb sticks

RuberDuck
31st August, 2013, 04:06 PM
no using the rear USB port is not the issue here, you can use either front or rear to load a image.
no you can not load bouquets via a USB stick unless they are in a .ipk ( linux installer format )

The reason you can FTP into the box is because it's a software issue, likely a result of the box being a clone.

jimbofz
31st August, 2013, 04:46 PM
as for the stick ive used it on my sons genuine duo no probs ,the file i tried to install was catseye e2 settings 75e 45w
and i i dont think it was .ipk format
so the problem is a software issue with it being a clone any ideas how to fix please ?

DOUGALMCD
1st September, 2013, 12:33 PM
It would help to let people know what version of a clone you are using usually tells you on sticker or what was last working image and build. Does the sticker not have a link to a site for images? If the box is just hanging reflash should sort it out.

jimbofz
1st September, 2013, 01:25 PM
after looking at images of clones on the ferrari site it turns out its a v2
theres a small pcb near the card slot that is mounted vertically if it has 1 large ic its v3 if it has 2 ics its a v2.
after pulling out the last of my remaining hair i had to run their update fail solution 20 times b4 it would complete
mtd had the same headache with his solo spent hours trying to load it to 100 % it kept stopping at 45% then 60% and so on ,once it finally completed i was able to load bootloader then image for the v2 ive used openvix 3.0.726 which image you choose must end in 2a now im back to where i started trying to load the latest motorised cha bouquet

DOUGALMCD
2nd September, 2013, 08:30 AM
latest catseye http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f216/catseye-enigma-2-settings-225447/index23.html load file on dreamboxedit go to options set ip address test save exit then go to transfer files and send. To find ip address on box go to menu information network. I don't use clone but I can download catseye through menu plugins download plugins settings catseye. hth

jimbofz
2nd September, 2013, 02:09 PM
sadly despite my best efforts cant connect to dreamboxedit yet it connects to filezilla first go?

happy_highlander
2nd September, 2013, 09:34 PM
What version of dbe are you using. Anything less than 5.2.0.0 sometimes struggles to connect to oe2 images on v2

jimbofz
4th September, 2013, 07:57 PM
version 5.3.0.0 i now can connect if i use vuduo as the password
then when i try to upload from the box the existing settings i get this message
check dreampath settings on options panel to point to correct directories
so i then changed the destinations from var/tuxbox/config/enigma to /ect/enigma2/ and tried again ive looked on youtube at a tut but i cant see where im going wrong

happy_highlander
4th September, 2013, 08:49 PM
What are you trying to upload to dbe. This is for bouquet only not a full ftp client/server. You shouldn't be changing any of the directories in dbe they are set perfectly for uploading bouquet to duo or any other e2 box for that matter all you need to enter is username and password if you have changed them from the default which is usually root for username and dreambox for password. All vu+ are set to that by default

happy_highlander
4th September, 2013, 09:07 PM
I can see where you are going wrong now.....You have chosen satellite receiver as your profile instead of enigma 2 settings. There are lot more differences than just the tuxbox settings just click the enigma 2 settings button in the settings page and it will all be set correctly for you

jimbofz
6th September, 2013, 11:54 AM
ok thanks im getting there but slowly , i now understand to select enigma 2 settings ,
when i connect i want to remove the existing bouquet from the box so that when i loan the updated motorised list it will not conflict with the list already on the box
if in ftp menu i click on "recieve files from dreambox" a message comes up
"the catseye settings 75e 45w already contain one or more files you are going to overwrite them"
i understand that the new bouquet contains 28.2 as well as the motorised one.
so do i overwrite them first before i edit the new settings?
ideally i would like to remove the sats that i cant swing to and delete some of the dross chanels first b4 i upload,
and then finally how can i see if the new edited bq has category listings such as sport,movies, hd chans ect

benny/9
6th September, 2013, 12:54 PM
this is a link for free downloads of the dreambox edit

Dreamboxedit 4 - Download (http://www.filecrop.com/DreamBoxEdit-4.html)

i use version 4.1.0.1 and it always works with
all linux boxes and all image versions

DOUGALMCD
6th September, 2013, 01:00 PM
You are not receiving files from box you want to send. Start up dbe click on file select the file you downloaded press ok your lists are displayed right click and delete the ones you dont want. Remember to click save at top left when done. Your files should be the way you want.

happy_highlander
6th September, 2013, 08:14 PM
Don't forget, after any changes made to list select "save as" and save file to a new folder or you will end up with duplicates in your folders

jimbofz
6th September, 2013, 10:22 PM
ah! so thats where ive been going wrong, ill try again tomorrow