PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo - purchase advise

moorish
1st September, 2013, 02:05 PM
Thinking about buying a VU+ Solo clone.

What questions shoud I ask sellers? Is there a particular spec I should be aiming for? or are they all the same?

Any advise where to purchase?

saayinla
4th September, 2013, 11:52 AM
Hopefully someone who bought recently will be able to advice, I bought one on the bay last week and seller has not responded until now even though he promised next day delivery. He proposed sending me a cloud box instead, but I requested for a refund, He also said the price has gone up etc. Thinking of buying from nextbay but need to know if there are others who bought there recently so I dont lose my money.

eizey3
4th September, 2013, 03:42 PM
Dont Tell Me the Sellers Name Is Willie 12 Because I Have Been Through Exactly The Same Thing Had To Open A Case And He Has Now Responded Because Ive Left Him Negative Feedback Apparently He Is Gettin These Boxes On Monday 9th 100% He Reckon But He Blanked Me Until I Opened A Case

benny/9
4th September, 2013, 05:19 PM
from all i read on here about clone vu models
i'm amazed that anyone would waste money
on them. i know a genuine box costs more but
at the end of the day it will save lots of problems
also ask yourselves before buying a clone how many
genuine box problems are reported on the forums
and the uk dealers will be there if you need them
if anything goes wrong,

RuberDuck
4th September, 2013, 05:37 PM
if anything goes wrong,

The thing is that people cant even really use that argument any more, there are loads of Mips based boxes on the market now that are far better in terms of spec and price than the Vu+ Solo and even the Duo which are both now old in terms of hardware. Vu+ clones are now in some cases more expensive than some original boxes. I really dont understand why people still buy these potential death traps ( Chinese muck ) when you see what else is on the market rite now.

lombard
4th September, 2013, 06:19 PM
Hi, i myself had good experience with DM800HD and DM800HD se clones, and the prices are a big difference on them at the time even owned a genuine DM800HD se and can say noticed no difference for such a price difference, i also have a vu solo clone and not had any problems, also depends if buy from a good seller if problems arise they will sort out

saayinla
5th September, 2013, 10:26 AM
Dont Tell Me the Sellers Name Is Willie 12 Because I Have Been Through Exactly The Same Thing Had To Open A Case And He Has Now Responded Because Ive Left Him Negative Feedback Apparently He Is Gettin These Boxes On Monday 9th 100% He Reckon But He Blanked Me Until I Opened A Case

Exactly the same seller, I am even madder he refunded by e-cheque meaning I dont get my money back until the 12th, How could Paypal allow that if my payment was instant, I ve had to fork out again to buy another while waiting for the refund. I ll neg him once my refund is completed, he had the audacity to offer me a cloud box instead.

eizey3
5th September, 2013, 01:28 PM
Yer He Offrered Me Cloud Box Too IVe Already Left Neg Feedback But This Has Kicked Him Into Shape And He Is Now replying All The Time Im Still Waiting To Get My Box Hes Now Offered Me A Ferrai V 3.2 Or The Other Vu Solo Can Any 1 Tell Me What Version To Get And Are They Both IPTV Compatible Cheers

eizey3
5th September, 2013, 01:30 PM
Can I Also Ask Were You Purchased Your Other Box From And Ive Been Recomended This Site For Buying These Boxes Can Any 1 Confirm This Site Is Legit
Satellite Receiver KING - Vu solo/Skybox/Dreambox/Openbox/Azbox (http://www.st-box.com/index.php/)

moorish
7th September, 2013, 05:34 PM
if anything goes wrong,

The thing is that people cant even really use that argument any more, there are loads of Mips based boxes on the market now that are far better in terms of spec and price than the Vu+ Solo and even the Duo which are both now old in terms of hardware. Vu+ clones are now in some cases more expensive than some original boxes. I really dont understand why people still buy these potential death traps ( Chinese muck ) when you see what else is on the market rite now.

Understand what you are saying, but I am looking for the cheapest linux box that has a scart socket (have old skool tv's). The reason I do not want to spend too much is that no one knows how long the sat scene will last. Otherwise I would get another DM800se.

The Vu+ solo is the cheapest half decent box linux box with 7 day epg I have found so far. If anyone knows of any suitable alternatives then I would be very interested. If not then advice on where to purchase VU Solo would be welcome.

cactikid
7th September, 2013, 08:27 PM
max digital xp1000hd better specs on the solo original.

Google Image Result for http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/image/cache/data/MAXDIGITAL/XP1000-REAR-WOS-500x500.png (http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/image/cache/data/MAXDIGITAL/XP1000-REAR-WOS-500x500.png&imgrefurl=http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/MK-MaxDigital-XP1000-Single-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver&h=500&w=500&sz=979&tbnid=VCFV1Rn4-6vipM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=123&zoom=1&usg=__c04f2YEenmwq6npeqYrcJHZoIqE=&docid=cthIvOhOazy4FM&sa=X&ei=bX0rUvjLJfOw7AbE64GADQ&ved=0CD4Q9QEwAg&dur=4428)

casuk
7th September, 2013, 11:14 PM
My F3 box wis alrite basic i loved my solo tho and would recomend it if its a single tuner your after, you can get a clone frim ebay ?100 uk seller

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

saayinla
9th September, 2013, 03:02 PM
Update to issue with Seller, as I suspected the Seller's refund failed due to insufficient fund and hence paypal ask me to contact Seller directly as if I gave the money to seller by hand. Case closed as far as paypal is concerned, ebay said I should wait till 11th then escalate.

DW190
9th September, 2013, 05:59 PM
Update to issue with Seller, as I suspected the Seller's refund failed due to insufficient fund and hence paypal ask me to contact Seller directly as if I gave the money to seller by hand. Case closed as far as paypal is concerned, ebay said I should wait till 11th then escalate.

Paypal should refund as soon as the escalation is looked at under their Guarantee. The sellers account should have been suspended until he sorts out any disputes.