PDA

View Full Version : 7w spot beam changes

opsmonkey
8th September, 2013, 04:07 PM
I think Nilesat have changed their spot beam widths. I know someone who is picking up JSC HD 1-4 in the North West on a 1.2m dish. Unheard of before

Nutsandbolts
8th September, 2013, 05:55 PM
Hi. They have definitely changed something as i use to pick them up in London with a 1m dish until about a couple of weeks ago just as the footy season got going. I am going to try with a 1.5m dish in the next few days and see what i find.

Regards.

kegnkiwi
8th September, 2013, 09:19 PM
I was checking the signals out today on a 1.25m dish and I was getting a lots of break ups so I think the signal levels have dropped a little.

Nutsandbolts
8th September, 2013, 09:36 PM
Hi Thanks for that info but i cant even get a signal anymore although the channels i get are probably from 8 west which is a stronger satellite than 7 west.

Regards.

digicon
9th September, 2013, 01:28 AM
I get all HD 1-6 on a 1.25m Gibertini with no breakup here in the north west, just so you know the transponder used for HD 5/6 is on a close frequency to 'L' band so any DECT phones near your receiver or even next door neighbours will knock these channels out

digicon
9th September, 2013, 01:31 AM
Hi. They have definitely changed something as i use to pick them up in London with a 1m dish until about a couple of weeks ago just as the footy season got going. I am going to try with a 1.5m dish in the next few days and see what i find.

Regards.

with your location you should ave no problem getting any of these on your current setup unless it is not spot on so to speak, Reports from around the Midlands area have come through with some members picking these up on a TD88 with Black Ultra

happy_highlander
11th September, 2013, 10:12 PM
Wonder if I'd be able to get another 88 on the wall with a motor attached without the missus chopping my balls off

digicon
12th September, 2013, 01:14 AM
LOL you can still perform your duty's so to speak with one working testicle so the extra TD88 might be worth a punt :joyous:

Gollom122
12th September, 2013, 08:04 PM
Wonder if I'd be able to get another 88 on the wall with a motor attached without the missus chopping my balls off

unlikely I would think