PDA

View Full Version : how do i make a FULL back up on vu duo

grogking
12th September, 2013, 12:32 AM
hi
im worried that if somthing goes wrong i will loose all my hard work like skins , channels , lines etc.......so can i make a full back up to usb stick i just put the stick back in and reflash it and i will be back as i was?

cheers

digicon
12th September, 2013, 01:26 AM
depends on what image you have on the box some provide a fullbackup or personalised option in the main menu and some you will have to download a plugin to backup your box

grogking
17th September, 2013, 12:10 AM
hi digicon
im using blackhole 2.0.3 and i have found the back up menu

now do i do a personal back up or full back up?

cheers

digicon
17th September, 2013, 01:42 AM
A personal backup will allow you to save Channel lists, Cams, Cron Jobs etc... so that you can transfer into another blackhole image.

The Full backup does all of the above and also the image itself so if your box becomes corrupt you just flash the full backup or if your trying a different image you always have a backup if you dont like the other image.

Personally i do both a personal and a full backup this way your covered for any eventuality.

cactikid
17th September, 2013, 09:53 PM
wonder if he has internal hdd and save it there instead?

grogking
17th September, 2013, 11:18 PM
wonder if he has internal hdd and save it there instead?
hi cactikid....that was actually my next question!!
yes i do have an internal hdd and was going to say do i save it on to there as what if my hard drive fails.....but i tried to change it to usb but it wouldnt change BUT i didnt have usb plugged in.....if i plug usb stick in should i save to that .....is that better?

cactikid
17th September, 2013, 11:28 PM
might get overcrowded on usb if your storing a backup image on it,best to use picons and epg to stick only,if hard drive fails it fails.

grogking
18th September, 2013, 12:17 AM
I just thought a 1gb usb stick would have been safer as its seperate from the box?

digicon
18th September, 2013, 01:17 AM
Its always advisable when you have made a backup to store in 2 different places maybe one on the receivers Hard Drive or USB and one on your main PC/laptop