PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 7020 to move dish via vboxII help

pob639
1st May, 2009, 07:26 PM
Has anyone got a tut on setting up a dm7020s to move a dish via a vboxII and a 36v motor at present i have to use vboxII as a stand alone pointioner to move my dish never got it set up so the dreambox can send signal to vbox then vbox to drive motor on dish when i change channels/sat just via dreambox any help or ideas

got : db7020---vbox remote---vboxII---36vH2H motor---dish---lnb

want : db7020---vboxII---36vH2H motor---dish---lnb

firestorm
1st May, 2009, 08:32 PM
all i did with mine which is the same setup as yours but with a vbox1 to put the coax from the lnb into the back of the vbox then a coax from the vbox to the 7020,then i ran a 4core cable to the motor two cores for the reed switch and two cores for the motor power.I then had to set up the 7020 motor setting storing each sat.then saved the settings.Just make sure you start with your dish on 1w in order to get your arc correct.
if you find the dreambox wont move the dish try it on the vbox controls it should move constanly not stopping(with the button pressed) if you have to press the move button again and again(it only moving in steps) you have a problem with your reed switch

pob639
1st May, 2009, 09:40 PM
Thought the sat.xml file would have sent signal to vbox after i'd set long + lat so i've still got to set each sat up on page 2 of motor config and not use the go to xx function ?
looks like thats my weekend sorted lol

thanks firestorm

been bringing this box out of retirement 4 last 12 months so back up n running soon fingers crossed

firestorm
1st May, 2009, 09:56 PM
you can use the xx funtion but with a vbox is normaly a larger prime focus dish.Which has less room for error in alinemet with sats.So the manual method of storeing sat seems to give better results