PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Toyota Tacoma Immobilizer light blinking!

Plcautoparts
13th September, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hell DK members,
I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma, it was brought to me with a new aftermarket key made, and immo light blinking,
there is no code in the immobilizer module, truck starts, but sometimes according to customer doest start.
I thought maybe if i reset immo and then program the key might work, but immo didt not let me reset it.
Please could someone help me, what do i need to do or check on, I have Techstream 8.00.034
thanks in advance.

Plcautoparts
14th September, 2013, 12:21 AM
I meant hello Dk members oopsss
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

siyadk
14th September, 2013, 12:23 AM
i had similar experience. customer came to for spare key to be made, i tried to reset, but it wont reset whatever i do. then hours n hours of work, i found the main culprit was aftermarket remote installed in it.

Aftermarket remotes can be dangerous on toyota immo system

keygargoil
14th September, 2013, 12:33 AM
is your key a valet key or master key and is your key programmed you saifd the cust has a new after market key the led goes out on toyota when the immo isa off if the light is on solid it means that the immo isnt set and needs another key or force it to exit programming mode techstream wont work unless you have a master key post your immo dump and key data
you could also try to relearn the immo and ecu by bridgeing pin 4 and 13 of the obd socket for 30 mins

ray-ray
14th September, 2013, 01:27 AM
The aftermarket key has the chip in backward and the range sometime pick up the signal.

Plcautoparts
14th September, 2013, 02:44 PM
Good morning, well when I came this morning to the shop, I tried to check thw Tacoma once again, and this time immo lighy was solid red, not blicking as it was yesterday when customer brought it in. Also this time truck diesnt start. I tried to program it again with ck100, but when I get to the point where it ask me to turn off and pull key, it says ecu disconnected.
Please help

Plcautoparts
14th September, 2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks guy for the help, problem solve!!!!!

camelgd
16th September, 2013, 11:17 PM
I love a happy ending, but it would help all to know what fixed the problem!:joyous:

Plcautoparts
17th September, 2013, 03:20 AM
I did jump 3 and 14 as Keygargoil mentioned. Reprogram key again, light still blicking twice, I then turned key on and off 5 times and light stop blinking. I read someone else similar problem with programmed and blinking light and that helped.

qubits
4th November, 2017, 03:01 PM
Ground pin 13 at obd2. Not 14. This will synchronize ECU communication
ID. You will also have communication code the engine ECU module if ID
needs to be synched. No code in immo.

Immo doesn't care what ID you have.