PDA

View Full Version : How can I stream my own VLC media stream to a friend?

byson1984
16th September, 2013, 01:20 AM
I have a VU solo 2 and have streamed that to my PC using VLC but would like to also stream to my friend. Any ideas please? Thanks

digicon
16th September, 2013, 11:03 AM
setup the transcoding function on the box itself in the menu and then open a port on your router and your done

byson1984
16th September, 2013, 11:57 PM
Ok I have opened a port on my router and setup Transcoding but not sure what to do in vlc once i have it streaming to my pc. How do i get it to stream to my friend in another home? Thanks :-)

digicon
17th September, 2013, 01:39 AM
You dont need VLC to stream the Vu Solo2 does it for you due to its processing capability, if you want to stream to say an iphone/android or tablet/ipad then download the Vu+ Player app from the store and fill in your details in the setup menu.

I for got to add that unless you have an outgoing static ip address from your BB company then you will also need a DYNDNS address as well so either No-Ip for this as they offer a free one

byson1984
17th September, 2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks for your reply mate :-) I want to be able to stream a channel through the internet anywhere to a PC/Laptop. Is this possible just using the Vu solo 2?

digicon
17th September, 2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks for your reply mate :-) I want to be able to stream a channel through the internet anywhere to a PC/Laptop. Is this possible just using the Vu solo 2?

As i explained above in the main menu its called Transcoding you have to enable this and open a port on your router, again if doing it externally follow the previous post