PDA

View Full Version : DIC in advanced talks for LFC share

Jaffa
10th March, 2008, 06:18 PM
A deal for the Dubai royal family to buy a large stake in Liverpool is edging closer after confirmation that negotiations are in an advanced stage.

However talks are still taking place between Dubai International Capital (DIC) and Liverpool's co-owner Tom Hicks about how a joint relationship would work.

Those close to the talks believe that although much progress has been made, more twists in the negotiations are likely to follow.

Fellow American George Gillett is understood to have agreed in principle to sell 49 per cent of his 50 per cent stake to DIC, and the other 1 per cent to Hicks to give the Texan a controlling interest.

However, DIC insist they have yet to reach an agreement on either the price or the size of the shareholding.

It is understood lawyers representing all sides are meeting in the Middle East this week to try to reach a settlement.

A statement from DIC read: "Dubai International Capital confirms that it is in advanced discussions with the co-owners of Liverpool FC but that no agreement has been reached on price or shareholding percentage."

Amanda Staveley, head of PCP Capital Partners, the private equity firm handling the negotiations on behalf of DIC, has claimed Gillett has agreed in principle to a deal.

DIC have accepted that Hicks will not sell his share in Liverpool in the near future, but would insist on a clause giving them first refusal to buy his stake.

Jaffa
10th March, 2008, 06:47 PM
No sooner that I post that then things changed...lol. I so wanted them to get those 49% share. Apparently he can veto any % share sale, he said that DIC wanted a committee to run the club and he didnt want that.....twat. Build us a stadium you tosser or leave.

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has terminated talks with Dubai International Capital (DIC) over acquiring a 49% stake in the club.
DIC had earlier announced it was in advanced talks to buy a stake in the Anfield side.

But in a statement on the Liverpool website, Hicks said: "I have decided to exercise my right to veto any sale of any portion of Kop and the club to DIC.

"We will explore other options as regard to the ownership of the club."

krazylegz
10th March, 2008, 08:35 PM
pmsl jaffa them greedy yank tw@ts are there till they get more money or plunge LFC further into debt

charlie senator
10th March, 2008, 08:51 PM
The sooner we get them out the better .Hicks is just trying to screw a good deal out of DIC he's not interested in the club just how much he can make out of it