PDA

View Full Version : sim 1 advice please

jampotjamie
16th September, 2013, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone I am a newbie to satelite tv and dreamboxes but i am enjoying quite a bit of success, however I am having a few problems.

Firstly I have Dreambox 800hd clone with sim 1 running openpli-1.0-dm800-20100912-SIM1_2_BL70_OCP_.nfi I would like to know if this can be upgraded and if it can can someone point me in the right direction please. (Enigma 2).

I also have 80cm motorised dish. When i setup my dish I set it up to 0.8w and i can hit satelites between 0.8 w and 28.2 east. My dish is central on my motor arm and everything is plumb. However satfinder does not always show a signal so this could be causing a problem. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on my setup.

thanks in advance to all everyone has been a great help so far and im really pleased with my progress in the sat world. Jampot!

ramjet
16th September, 2013, 09:20 AM
yes you can probably update the image, but as its a clone you have to be careful and find the patched images for clones that are correct for your type of box and its sim card. there is a dreambox and Enigma2 forum here on D.K. which can help with some aspects but you may have to go elsewhere to find the correct clone images

as for your motor, it may not be setup correctly in the first place (not tracking the ARC correctly), you may not have set your usals position correctly, or both

so when you set it up, it wasnt just aligning it to 0.8w that you had to do, you needed to ensure that the 0.00 marker on your motor is pointing directly at your true south, this varies according to location, so this could mean that although your 0.8w is showing up, and 28.2e is showing up, you may have an extreme arc or shallow arc, and you may be to the left or right of true south too

so it could be one or more factors listed above, it could even be all of them

jampotjamie
16th September, 2013, 11:59 AM
That all makes sense. I will have another go at the weekend. Thanks.

digicon
16th September, 2013, 02:43 PM
The Sim1 card in the DM is now not supported so you may find it quite hard to find a recent image as most images are for Sim2, E-Star and A8P it may be a worthwhile investment trying to source a newer sim for your DM800 so you will have more recent support