PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on choosing a box

SS90
16th September, 2013, 09:58 PM
So I've recently just discovered satellite receivers like the Skybox F5 but I was wonderin if anyone could help me out on a couple of issues. From what I've read, the box lacks a proper EPG that could extend to 7 days. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a relatively inexpensive alternative that also has the record "one program, watch another" ability like the Sky+ boxes. Thanks in advance.

ramjet
16th September, 2013, 10:06 PM
So I've recently just discovered satellite receivers like the Skybox F5 but I was wonderin if anyone could help me out on a couple of issues. From what I've read, the box lacks a proper EPG that could extend to 7 days. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a relatively inexpensive alternative that also has the record "one program, watch another" ability like the Sky+ boxes. Thanks in advance.

looks like you need a twin tuner box, so thats a vu solo2 , vu duo2 , vu duo , or a tm-twin (which is like a vu duo)

any of those can be configured for a 7 day epg

cactikid
16th September, 2013, 10:11 PM
why do people think a skybox is a sat box,a satbox you use to view sat channels,not hdmi issues,no signal issues.buy cheap=pay thrice or a better box as ramjet has mentioned.

SS90
16th September, 2013, 11:09 PM
Cheers for the responses guys. I realize you gotta pay more for these features, I guess what I'm asking for is what's the cheapest of the expensive ones lol. Been researching those ones, any other trusted makes I should look out for with the epg and the recording features?

happy_highlander
16th September, 2013, 11:40 PM
looks like you need a twin tuner box, so thats a vu solo2 , vu duo2 , vu duo , or a tm-twin (which is like a vu duo)

any of those can be configured for a 7 day epg

I would add twin tuner vu uno to that list. In fact I would choose uno over the duo any day of the week. Stronger psu faster processor.