PDA

View Full Version : openmedia 500cs

rixter_20
2nd May, 2009, 09:35 PM
I have a openmedia 500cs reciever which im using with an existing sky dish and am still subscribed to sky but ive taken the sky box out and put in this receiver, scanned for channels which i have. But the channels that come through sky are locked is there any way of unlocking these channels??

krazylegz
2nd May, 2009, 09:36 PM
you can install CCcam and use your sky card but it will only open the channels you pay for, personally i dont see a point as a sky box is better than a aftermarket box for using a official card

rixter_20
2nd May, 2009, 09:55 PM
you can install CCcam and use your sky card but it will only open the channels you pay for, personally i dont see a point as a sky box is better than a aftermarket box for using a official card

how u install cccam??

krazylegz
2nd May, 2009, 09:59 PM
if your box is connected to the internet you can use the download addon within the box.

what exactly are you hoping to achieve?? if its the boxing you wont get it unless you pay for it or have a motorised dish

rixter_20
2nd May, 2009, 10:10 PM
if your box is connected to the internet you can use the download addon within the box.

what exactly are you hoping to achieve?? if its the boxing you wont get it unless you pay for it or have a motorised dish

i dnt know how to set up the internet part

krazylegz
2nd May, 2009, 10:12 PM
what exactly are you trying to open m8?

rixter_20
4th May, 2009, 11:50 AM
whats the best image to use on openmedia 500cs that might let the sky channels come through??

ryan8188
4th May, 2009, 12:03 PM
The image has nothing to do with letting channels through. The image is just the os of the receiver. If you are wanting to use the card in the openmedia plug the box in to your router and download the latest cccam via the blue button. You might also need to use newcs to read the card.

The only benifit in doing this is if you are wanting to c/s but it's pointless if you don't have a motorized system

rixter_20
4th May, 2009, 12:10 PM
The image has nothing to do with letting channels through. The image is just the os of the receiver. If you are wanting to use the card in the openmedia plug the box in to your router and download the latest cccam via the blue button. You might also need to use newcs to read the card.

The only benifit in doing this is if you are wanting to c/s but it's pointless if you don't have a motorized system

do i need to set the connection part up after pluging in or just simply plug router to box n press blue button??

ryan8188
4th May, 2009, 12:23 PM
Just plug it in and in the connection settings put you routers ip in nameserver and gateway click enable

morbius
9th May, 2009, 12:48 AM
I have the same problem on my Open Media using DK 1.1. I can see the FTA channels but can't clear the encrypted channels my Sly card allows me to access. I'm just using this to learn a bit more about the box but I can't think what to do next. Which component controls access to the card and needs to be in correctly in place. Can anyone help? I've got mybox connected to the router and can do Internet updates.:afraid:

ryan8188
9th May, 2009, 10:31 PM
Try using newcs to read the card. Download via blue button. This wull read your sky card.

morbius
10th May, 2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks Ryan got it working now with cccam, I think the main problem was I had the card upside down, needs to be chip up unlike in a sky box. Doh!!!!:laugh:

rixter_20
10th May, 2009, 08:27 PM
I have the same problem on my Open Media using DK 1.1. I can see the FTA channels but can't clear the encrypted channels my Sly card allows me to access. I'm just using this to learn a bit more about the box but I can't think what to do next. Which component controls access to the card and needs to be in correctly in place. Can anyone help? I've got mybox connected to the router and can do Internet updates.:afraid:

what did ya do settings wise to connect to the router??

morbius
11th May, 2009, 08:46 PM
Just clicked the DCHP setting on communications and it worked no problem. Did notice you sometimes have to leave it a few seconds to connect properly.

rixter_20
12th May, 2009, 08:55 PM
Just clicked the DCHP setting on communications and it worked no problem. Did notice you sometimes have to leave it a few seconds to connect properly.

did ya do anything on pc?

morbius
12th May, 2009, 09:53 PM
No I've connected wirelessly from XP and Vista using Filezilla.
Take the IP address from the communications panel on your box with a user id of root and a password which might be dreambox or openmedia. Its dreambox if you're using DK1.1 image.