PDA

View Full Version : Latest C14.7 19th September 2013 online update goes LIVE!

PaphosAL
19th September, 2013, 07:29 PM
TC proudly announces that the latest online update for C14.7 has just gone LIVE on your little DM500S box! Two months in the making, and well over 100 man/hours input, in order to create the best Commando user experience yet!

Only 5% of users will even bother to read the attached "Wotznew" doc, in order to find out what has has enriched their image since 19th July 2013, and (more to the point) how to work our new functions. Sad...

So for those of you who cannot be bothered to spend 10 minutes reading summat that took us 2 hours to write in order to HELP you, here's the rufty-tufty lowdown:

Press GREEN to restart your softcam
Press TV to cure lip-sync drift
Press TEXT to get text (if available)

Feedback, bug reports, etc welcome, as always!

Enjoy! TC ;)

preditor
27th September, 2013, 10:05 AM
Hi, I got couple of problems with this image. Firstly when you put the dm in standby and put it back on mgcamd or cccam doesn't work therefore needs a restarts?
Secondly on International and kids bouquets the channels doesn't show extra information (says "no detailed info")
Hope you can fix this thanks

PaphosAL
27th September, 2013, 01:16 PM
CCcam wakes up from Standby fine for me, and I have mine set to kill the cam in the sleep mode. For mgcamd (and oscam), both these are 'lazy' when leaving standby, so our wakeup code gives them a kick up the backside to get them working again with a pzapit -rz (rezap to same channel) command.

You can replicate this action simply by pressing the [TV] button. Or, you can go into Settings > GREEN and toggle the softcam to remain running in Standby Mode. This will work 'on the fly' and doesn't need a Save.

Number of hours Long Descriptions the bouquets mentioned is for YOU to decide! It's all in the helpfiles and /var/tuxbox/config/rdmap.dat is your target file to edit for GetEPG (or rtmap.dat for RT-EPG). I can tell you that in release image back in Jan, the "Kids" bouquet had all the parent channels set to 018 (18hrs) LDs, and it was their timeshift +1 equivalents that we set to 0hrs to save memory.

Remember that this means 18hrs from the time EPG is loaded, though. Are you loading EPG on a daily basis? If not, the answer to this issue is in your mirror, LOL! Nowt for us to fix!

Cheers- AL :)

peggybobby
3rd October, 2013, 02:03 PM
@PaphosAL history channel and nat geo and some others have changed frequency today, how do you update them and keep them in the same bouquet? without them going to bskyb rgrds peggybobby

PaphosAL
3rd October, 2013, 04:27 PM
Well, as I run AutoBouquets as a plugin Timer @ 07:05 daily, I don't tend to notice the frequent TSid / Sid changes that the Isleworth oiks make in their stream load-balancing act on 28.2E

And as we've encoded the resident EPG automap creator to automatically follow on right behind AutoBouquets, there's your latest bang up to date EPG mapfile done for you as well (all in around 10 minutes).

AutoBouquets then auto reboots the box to implement all the changes. So if you have your box set to 'load EPG at boot' like me, there you go! Three jobs for the price of one, while you're still fast asleep! Even Tesco can't beat that, LOL!

Cheers- AL :)

peggybobby
3rd October, 2013, 10:42 PM
thanks PaphosAL will reboot the box and see if the load epg picks new frequencies up ,rgrds peggybobby

PaphosAL
4th October, 2013, 08:30 AM
I don't think you understood me properly

colinh1213
4th October, 2013, 10:07 PM
I am getting an error today when I run autoboquets saying it can't find absolute in digital radio, have only had this since new update , and when error comes up it aborts autobouquet run , deletes box nation from bouquets also.... weird one this , before the last commando update i get the same error but with mtv can't be found , only on one dm500 though , pap any clues on it mate ?

peggybobby
5th October, 2013, 02:07 AM
ok I done the online update, tried the timers you suggested and load epg but get the same error as colinh1213 it ****s up the bouquets and leaves you with bskyb with all chans in one place and a few other lists, after reflashing and some more **** ups and some fuzzy logic I managed to get all the bouquets but bt sport 1 and 2 missing from sport .....did a manual scan this time for all sats and when finished bt sport 1 and 2 eneded up in the bskyb bouquet so some times a hit on some boxes and sometimes well you get it?? !! rgrds peggybobby