PDA

View Full Version : Took The Plunge

Lambhuna
31st May, 2008, 10:03 AM
After reading most posts on setting up satallite dish, I went and bought a full setup. I got the TM 5400 usb 1m dish and motor. Just put the thing on the wall, got a few issues ie dont think pole is as plumb as it should be. Got Thor perfect but others are iffy so back up the ladder today to investigate. Once that is done more reading needed.

OOOps
Can someone move post to Technomate

Devilfish
31st May, 2008, 10:18 AM
Well done that man! :)

Part of the fun is takign 2 weeks to get it set up right lol.

krazylegz
31st May, 2008, 10:48 AM
lol as glen says its a learning curve.............but the most important thing you can do is get the pole plumb all the way around it as it wont follow the arc if its slightly out m8.

well done on taking the plunhge m8 you wont be disappointed once you got it going m8

Lambhuna
31st May, 2008, 12:27 PM
The preset sats on TM's are they all the sats avail?

krazylegz
31st May, 2008, 01:26 PM
have you patched it?

most of them are available bar the likes of nilesat (7w) which you need about a 4 meter dish to recieve

thommo
31st May, 2008, 02:01 PM
stick at it mate once its all systems go you wont regret it, mines on all the time,

krazy's is too but he's always on the wink wink channels or should i have used the letter "a" instead lol.

krazylegz
31st May, 2008, 02:21 PM
pmsl you know me too well thommo lol

father ted
31st May, 2008, 02:30 PM
stick at it mate once its all systems go you wont regret it, mines on all the time,

krazy's is too but he's always on the wink wink channels or should i have used the letter "a" instead lol.

pmsl you know me too well thommo lol

he wont be on any channel when hes got to come up and fix mine when i get it l:roflmao:

Lambhuna
31st May, 2008, 04:00 PM
Will try and get all sats before doing anything like patches. :D