PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Sat Nav for UK

b_miah2000
4th May, 2009, 11:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to discussion forum and thought I would introduce myself by asking for your opinion on what is the best sat nav system for UK users. The reason for my asking is that UK (London in particular) seems to have a keen interest in keep chaning the road system and its difficult to find a map that is keeping up with the latest oneway system or no-entry signs that are constantly introduced/removed (road works are our national past-time interest). So which Sat Nav company is keeping up with the map changes best and which comany allows users to update maps without purchasing a new one everytime? Anyone done any analysis?

Many thanks.

b_miah2000

TRACKERFIT
4th May, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hi There

Not done any major analysis but we do use quite a few sat navs, navman, indigo, tomtom one's V2 + V3, and the latest Tomtom Go 710.

So far all the drivers like the Go 710. As its newest probably but it is the most up to date one, it has got map share and IQ routes on it, also so if you keep it updated it works a treat, plus map share is free.

Anyway hope this helps a little, the new tomtom series of go units are pretty good, and im fairly sure the spec is pretty similar.

morbius
11th May, 2009, 10:05 PM
I've had a Navman and a TT One. The Navman went back to Costco because it kept losing its satellite lock. The TT is superb, used it in the UK and Europe, and you can download all the latest maps and speed cams for free. After seeing mine a few of my mates have gone out and bought one. What more could you want!

daryn
11th May, 2009, 10:14 PM
I use tomtom one v2 and its been great upto now ,im a taxi driver and its gives me no hassle at all ,i was gonna buy the v3 but the guy said the only difference was the updated map but tomtom give you a free map update when you buy new anyway,so it now a v3