PDA

View Full Version : BBC IPLAYER

halau
5th May, 2009, 05:37 PM
the iplayer i have been told doesnt work abroad, is this a simple fix by say an ip blocker ??

zaphodbb
5th May, 2009, 05:42 PM
the iplayer i have been told doesnt work abroad, is this a simple fix by say an ip blocker ??

you are better tryin a proxy server from the uk to make them think you are in the uk.... you aint seen me right

halau
5th May, 2009, 07:32 PM
I tried thisone h++p://www.freeproxyserver.net/ and this was the rersponse when opening the iplayer

BBC iPlayer Help
I'm in the UK but told that I'm not, what should I do?

Sometimes even though you're in Britain it's possible you may see a message saying you're not. This could be because your computer is on a foreign-based network, or is routed overseas (sometimes the case with work connections if your employer is not UK-based). Some programs, such as web accelerators, can cause your IP address to appear as if it is outside the UK.

If BBC iPlayer doesn't recognise your IP address at all, then you won't be able to stream or download programmes.

Occasionally it may simply be a network error, so it's worth closing your browser or router and reopening as a new IP address is allocated which may be UK-based.

Our Geo-IP technology system recognises IP addresses provided by UK-based internet service providers (ISPs). If BBC iPlayer doesn't recognise your address, you must contact your ISP as they alone can register your address.

Any suggestions ???

zaphodbb
5th May, 2009, 07:39 PM
I tried thisone h++p://www.freeproxyserver.net/ and this was the rersponse when opening the iplayer

BBC iPlayer Help
I'm in the UK but told that I'm not, what should I do?

Sometimes even though you're in Britain it's possible you may see a message saying you're not. This could be because your computer is on a foreign-based network, or is routed overseas (sometimes the case with work connections if your employer is not UK-based). Some programs, such as web accelerators, can cause your IP address to appear as if it is outside the UK.

If BBC iPlayer doesn't recognise your IP address at all, then you won't be able to stream or download programmes.

Occasionally it may simply be a network error, so it's worth closing your browser or router and reopening as a new IP address is allocated which may be UK-based.

Our Geo-IP technology system recognises IP addresses provided by UK-based internet service providers (ISPs). If BBC iPlayer doesn't recognise your address, you must contact your ISP as they alone can register your address.

Any suggestions ???

sometimes you have to try a few to get one that works but you could try a browser like no traks, but not sure if that will help sorry m8

forntida
5th May, 2009, 10:00 PM
Have you tried paying the TV licence?:laugh:

halau
6th May, 2009, 05:23 PM
Have you tried paying the TV licence?:laugh:

yes mate i do but not much help for a second home abroad, to just watch bbc news i have to pay ?30 a month to a network out there...do you think that is fair i pay twice and this amount ???

vroom_buddy
18th May, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hi,

Have you considered installinga Slingbox in your main home and logging into it from your second home? You even get your regional variations on the BBC news this way.
Sling Media - Slingbox (http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox)

John