PDA

View Full Version : Using my own paid for Sky card

bwj
29th September, 2013, 02:30 AM
Hope this doesn't count as a card sharing issue and sorry if it's a noob question.
I've got my box Vu+ Solo 2 set up with OpenVix image and have installed enigma2-plugin-cams-*****.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk, plus an empty *****.cfg file.
Everything seems relatively easy so far - no major tantrums yet http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/wallbash.gif. Going to have a go at using my Sky+ paid for card tomorrow, and reasonably confident that I have followed the tutorials in regard to inserting my boxkey into the .cfg file.
More general question though is that I will still have a use for my Skybox. It's a DRX895 with 1.5TB HDD so I'm not going to discard it. I'll keep it primarily for the children's recordings etc. Obviously I need to keep the viewing card in the Skybox for it to be of any use for the children and I will use the Vu+ mainly for French tv. However is it possible to still use my settings to get my Sky subscription services in the Vu+ without the card being physically in the slot?