PDA

View Full Version : How to Multiboot from an IPbox 9000

aftermath
6th May, 2009, 11:17 AM
How to Multiboot from an AB IPBox HD using a USB stick.

Format USB STICK to FAT32 , then unpack the file below and rename it usb_upgrade.img and transfer it to the usb stick.

Remove the USB Stick from the PC then drop down the front panel on your AB IPBox HD and press the round Standby button and the ok
button together and let them go to put the box into standby.

Insert the USB Stick into the USB Port at the back of your IPbox HD

Hold in the Standby button on the front panel and then when the box states BOOTING in the front display press the UP button and
then release both buttons, USB UPGRADE should be displayed in the LED display.

If this giets you Err 10 or stops on booting, open PCeditor ( latest ), and flash it using the normal methos for flashing an image.

In the box LED you should see it go to Erasing, then go to Flashing, this will only take a few seconds.After that it will say done.

Time to re boot your box holding the relevent remote control key number to boot from your desired device.

1) boot from cdkroot
2) boot from USB with hdd
3) original images
4) boot from release
5) boot from USB without hdd
6) boot from SATA hdd
7) boot from flash

gaz t
21st June, 2009, 09:28 AM
hi all when multibooting which number should i be pressing on reboot, i presently have a nlb image and i've tried to boot to e2 image on usb drive but each time it boots to nlb image , i followed the tut to install multiboot successfully and i have been pressing 2 on remote (i have a hdd fitted) so i think i've done something wrong unless i'm pressing wrong number on remote.
thanks

despdan
21st June, 2009, 10:05 AM
Press & Hold down 2 for 5sec

did you flash the multiboot upgrade?

gaz t
21st June, 2009, 10:24 AM
g'morning dan,yes i followed the tutorial on how to multiboot from this site i got err 10 on first try so carried on with what it says in the tut and flashed it with pceditor , flash finished with "done" so i'm assuming it flashed correctly.

gaz t
21st June, 2009, 12:19 PM
hi all, just to let you know all sorted now i don't know what the problem was but with a little persistance i managed to boot to e2. thanks

jozix
1st July, 2009, 07:42 PM
how to do a multiboot? I still don't get it... is just an NLB image on the flash enough to to the multiboot? (I want to have let's say ENIGMA2 SIFTEAM on USB and NLB team image on FLASH) and to be able to boot one of them when I power on ipbox. Is it possible? What is the howto? thank you

Phillhenry
17th July, 2009, 09:20 AM
how to multiboot ? do you know where to find manual ?

aftermath
17th July, 2009, 03:28 PM
how to multiboot ? do you know where to find manual ?

read post 1 lol

remikg
20th September, 2009, 11:54 AM
ill test it

wilhelkl
24th October, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hello all,

I have the same problem. I have installed the multiboot config file and I have an E2 image (unpacked tar file) on an USB stick. Pressed 2 during booting but the box does just display booting and nothing hapened. Is there a more detailed description for installing a multiboot environment with DGS image and ES available?

ziejas
24th October, 2009, 07:25 PM
Hello all,

I have the same problem. I have installed the multiboot config file and I have an E2 image (unpacked tar file) on an USB stick. Pressed 2 during booting but the box does just display booting and nothing hapened. Is there a more detailed description for installing a multiboot environment with DGS image and ES available?
I have the same - only "BOOTING":giveup:

carrpet
1st November, 2009, 02:15 PM
Hi Guys, once I install the usb multiboot config I cannot get the box to boot from my flash image when I press and hod down 7 on the RMC. All I get is "booting". I would welcome some help
and suggestions please

mistic
1st November, 2009, 05:44 PM
hi friends, my cube250hd has de same problem, only display booting.
I can?t boot flash image and can?t boot usb image.

carrpet
2nd November, 2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Guys, I can now get the box to boot my original image in flash which is Option 3 not Option 7.

I have used Paragon Hard Disk manager to format my USB stick in Linux ext3 which I understand is the preferred disk format. I still can't get my E2 iamage in USB to boot though

aftermath
2nd November, 2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Guys, I can now get the box to boot my original image in flash which is Option 3 not Option 7.

I have used Paragon Hard Disk manager to format my USB stick in Linux ext3 which I understand is the preferred disk format. I still can't get my E2 iamage in USB to boot though

boot box in flash image and FTP to mnt/usb/usb0

see if all the files have unpacked in there.

if you see all the folders , switch the box off and when switching it backk on hold in the "2" key on Remote control for 5 seconds, if it dont work first time try a few times ..

Also a 2gb USB us best to use as more memory than that some USB sticks wont get recognised.

hernest30
4th January, 2010, 01:30 PM
How can I boot from USB stick with PKT_0.75_9000_usb.tar.gz?

aftermath
4th January, 2010, 09:15 PM
How can I boot from USB stick with PKT_0.75_9000_usb.tar.gz?

have you unpacked the image to the USB stick ?
also what image you got in Flash ?

normally you need to flash a mutiboot file over the top of your flash image using PCeditor the same was as you flash a normal image.

once all that is done , you simply turn the box off, then hold in the number 2 button on remote control , switch the box on and keep the number 2 button in for 5 seconds. then let go.

it should then boot to E2 image on USB stick, if at first it gets stuck on botting, switch off the box and back, try a few times.

Be carefull there is lots of corrupt E2 images out there on the net.

here is a working E2 PKT 0.75 one 9000_usb.tar.gz

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/328800860/9000_usb.tar.gz)

sdrowlands
12th February, 2010, 09:12 PM
flash tools version1.0.2 or over had same prob sorted

mbwolff132
4th July, 2010, 12:48 PM
I followed the instructions but can't boot from usb. When exactly do i have to press the button "2" for booting from usb?

nanodk
4th July, 2010, 10:59 PM
thank you for the update, really helpful

koparkok
17th February, 2011, 02:23 PM
usb boot edimiyorum

SatRider
9th July, 2011, 04:23 PM
For some reason I cannot boot from USB anymore (it did work!), it appear that my console env setup is gone. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it downloading the file attached to the first post. SatRider

andyb0y
18th January, 2012, 05:55 PM
works
nice guide thanks

ferasqabha
2nd March, 2012, 10:35 PM
thank youuuuuuuuuuu

tempel
31st March, 2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks! it works.