PDA

View Full Version : bloody weather

Lainie
6th May, 2009, 08:37 PM
its bloody miserable up in glasgow. its like a wild winters night out there

Mr Pumpy
6th May, 2009, 09:39 PM
Its a desperate situation when we resort to talking about the weather on here. lol

Mr Pumpy
6th May, 2009, 09:45 PM
By the way, its blowing a gale here. :embarassed:

forntida
6th May, 2009, 10:41 PM
Summer is here Lainie. The rain is a wee bit warmer.:roflmao:

Lainie
6th May, 2009, 10:56 PM
lol jeeso i know. (@pump i dont have a digi box so can only talk in here lol) i had to wear a coat to work today. coats in may wtf is all that aboot!! practically had 4 seasons in 1 day here.

chroma
7th May, 2009, 03:40 AM
Mays always shite around Glasgow. give it till the middle of next week and the low pressure should hopefully have dissapeared.

im not really that bothered, been working and im loaded with the cold, could do with taking a trip to the scrappy for some bits though, hopefully like i said the middle of next week should be decent enough.

Just got back from taking my old man to see the new Star Trek (ive been to see all of em since 3 with my dad, he believes its real) at the govan IMAX, totaly dissapointed, back in the day people used to dress up as klingons and spock and stuff, no one has the balls nowadays though it seems.
Movie was alright though.

forntida
7th May, 2009, 08:12 AM
lol jeeso i know. (@pump i dont have a digi box so can only talk in here lol) i had to wear a coat to work today. coats in may wtf is all that aboot!! practically had 4 seasons in 1 day here.

you should know better Lainie;

'Neer cast a cloot til May is oot'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/windy.gif

gmb45
7th May, 2009, 08:51 AM
Mays always shite around Glasgow. give it till the middle of next week and the low pressure should hopefully have dissapeared.

im not really that bothered, been working and im loaded with the cold, could do with taking a trip to the scrappy for some bits though, hopefully like i said the middle of next week should be decent enough.

Just got back from taking my old man to see the new Star Trek (ive been to see all of em since 3 with my dad, he believes its real) at the govan IMAX, totaly dissapointed, back in the day people used to dress up as klingons and spock and stuff, no one has the balls nowadays though it seems.
Movie was alright though. hey fellow trekkie, so the new film is worth going to see then ?

Lainie
7th May, 2009, 09:30 AM
you should know better Lainie;

'Neer cast a cloot til May is oot'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/windy.gif

aye thats one of my mammys quotes lol

ANTH1983
7th May, 2009, 09:35 AM
yeah cheers!1

yamar1
7th May, 2009, 10:04 AM
was gona go out on the bike for a few hours tday, but its blowing a gale!:afraid::afraid:

forntida
7th May, 2009, 02:54 PM
I was down Ayr seafront this morning. It was freezing and blowing a gale. All the seagulls, bar one, were waiting on a bus to go up town where it was a wee bit warmer.:roflmao:

chroma
7th May, 2009, 03:44 PM
yeah its actualy pretty good, the special effects are mindblowing.

The new Spock is a bit of a tit, a face you wouldnt get tired of punching tbh.

And i guess theres continuity errors, like no flippy communicatory things and updated wierd phasers.

Follows the Kirk way of doing things. meet new race, kick new race's ass. as opposed to the next gen meet new race, discuss options, debate, work out a problem in a friendly way nonsense.

and spock has a shoplifter for a mom... who knew :o

Mr Pumpy
7th May, 2009, 06:04 PM
yeah its actualy pretty good, the special effects are mindblowing.

The new Spock is a bit of a tit, a face you wouldnt get tired of punching tbh.

And i guess theres continuity errors, like no flippy communicatory things and updated wierd phasers.

Follows the Kirk way of doing things. meet new race, kick new race's ass. as opposed to the next gen meet new race, discuss options, debate, work out a problem in a friendly way nonsense.

and spock has a shoplifter for a mom... who knew :o

lol...now thats a proper review.
Hopefully going to see it next week with the family.

Lainie
7th May, 2009, 07:13 PM
i wasnt looking forward to driving over the erskine bridge tonight but it wasnt as bad as i expected. went for lunch to xscape and the door nearly flew off with the wind when i opened it!!!!

:afraid:

Lainie
7th May, 2009, 08:52 PM
ffs wish to god i had my digi camera with me just now as bloody hurricane weather out there just now. jeeso and heres me here with me sunglasses as well lol!! roll on tenerife.

chroma
8th May, 2009, 12:48 AM
it was windy, i rejoiced. ive got a badass kite see? its like a parachute and it lifts me off the ground.

So drag the dog out hop in the motor and speed to the park.
Finish rigging it all up and BAM! hailstones. what the hell? i couldnt even see the clyde which was just a few hundred yds from me.

needless to say the kite got soaked, the air pockets filled with meltwater and it got too heavy to fly :(
the dog had fun though.

forntida
8th May, 2009, 07:43 AM
it was windy, i rejoiced. ive got a badass kite see? its like a parachute and it lifts me off the ground.

So drag the dog out hop in the motor and speed to the park.
Finish rigging it all up and BAM! hailstones. what the hell? i couldnt even see the clyde which was just a few hundred yds from me.

needless to say the kite got soaked, the air pockets filled with meltwater and it got too heavy to fly :(
the dog had fun though.

You have it all wrong mate. It is the dog that is taking you out and watching you don't fall in the Clyde. I never could get the hang of kiting, despite my many tries. They just lifted up and immediately flopped.:roflmao:

Lainie
8th May, 2009, 08:31 AM
aye it was wild last night. no much better this morning. i think ive got that sad thingy as im depressed with all this crap weather

C64
8th May, 2009, 11:27 AM
I swear there was a small thunderstorm in Coatbridge last night at around 3:30am lol

I woke up this morning, sun was high in the sky and I thought "I'll have a cup of tea then go out and cut the grass". I went into the kitchen to boil the kettle and when I came back into the livingroom the window was being lashed with gale force winds and torrential rain!

I went for a quick piss, poured my cuppa tea, walked back into the living room and the sun was out again.

About 10 minutes ago the skies were dark grey and the wind was blustery, now there are lovely big white fluffy clouds in the sky and the sun is out.

It'll be snowing next.

Where are you Lainie, I dunno why but I thought you were from Airdrie or one of the surrounding villages, no?