PDA

View Full Version : After component fault, DIY attempt Dreambox 800 hd system working as it use to (help)

jamdowner
3rd October, 2013, 05:13 PM
Hello
i hope someone can help an oldtimer to get dreambox 800hd up an running again.
background: Background: all was ok until I moved from Astra 28.2 to Astra 19.2. When I tried to get back to astra28.2 the V box clicked and displayed error 2, any other satellite attempt gave the same error.
I had this problem before when I had a ****ogue EchoStar receiver, and assumed like before that all I had to do was to replace reed switch to and it would be good for go, the reed switch I bought was not exactly the same as original (it was encapsulated in hard black plastic i filed down to fit) but was normally open. ( before removing circular magnet,I marked position)
I continued to get same error, so bought another but, wire ended lookalike as per original dimension, same response.
Also checked wiring not come louse anywhere.
So there it is, I just don***8217;t know how to get movement from asrta 19.2 (which works fine) with po3 on v-box display,
its been the immobile for about 2 months now and I have pondered if I should try to initiate movement with the Vbos remote control left / right buttons, but worry if I could mess things, at least I am getting astra19.2.
Any thoughts / procedure anyone?
I had someone install this system from ****ogue days same person did dreambox. That shop now closed.
So DIY attempt

TIA