PDA

View Full Version : Factory reset

stan654
3rd October, 2013, 10:33 PM
If i can remember correctly if i do a factory reset on the itgate 200/220 boxes you will not loose your cam or config files, can someone comfirm this is or isnt the case for me as someone has forgotten the pass for the setup menu and want to do a scan. I will get them to do a manual factory reset but if they loose cam and config its going to be grief for me...thanks Stan

plasterer
4th October, 2013, 08:53 PM
Shouldent need user and pass to do a scan mate .just go through the menu on remote ...........Paul

stan654
4th October, 2013, 09:16 PM
Shouldent need user and pass to do a scan mate .just go through the menu on remote ...........Paul

thanks Paul but they locked the setup menu and forgot the 4 digit pass so cant get into setup, i think itgate doesnt delete cam and config like say the DM500 will after factory reset...

stan654
4th October, 2013, 09:25 PM
any itgaters can you remember after factory reset do you need to reinstall cam and config ...

plasterer
4th October, 2013, 09:38 PM
Try that code fella ..........Paul
Or try below

Here you go mate
code for parentall/setting (Menu) lock.
Press yellow button on remote,
Go to Tuxbox Commander,
Go to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma.
Go to a file called config.
Press 3 to view.
Look for the lines.
i:/elitedvb/pins/parentallock=00000123
i:/elitedvb/pins/setuplock=00000123
These are hex numbers.
Open your Windows calculator in Scientific mode,
Click on Hex,enter the value minus the zeros in front of them,
Click on Dec and that's your pin number.

Thanks to Bugsy for that info

Millzzy
5th October, 2013, 02:15 PM
You will loose everything I think mate in fact nearly 100% positive

stan654
5th October, 2013, 09:01 PM
You will loose everything I think mate in fact nearly 100% positive

i think so too Millzzy, i think im going back too far to the cable days when you would get away with it...anyway i will know soon :smile:...thanks lads for the help lads you can always depend on the plasterererer thanks Paul..

take a look at the pics on page 3 of this link

Plasterer mixed autumn leaves in the mix - boards.ie (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057052622)

Millzzy
6th October, 2013, 06:24 PM
Only other way I can think of mate is through the web application I'm sure mept said there are various ways of doing this sort of stuff through it

MichaelThugs
14th July, 2018, 01:13 AM
Can I please have some instruction on this?I want to do a factory reset, but dont know the right way to go about it.If you can give me some advice it wil give me a bit of confidence on what I need to do.Thanks _ D