PDA

View Full Version : audio no sound problem

salty10
4th October, 2013, 09:16 PM
hi all recently got a hp xw 9400 workstation, arrived complete with radeon hd 5450 graphics card. had no sound so bought some speakers off amazon which come with input jack and usb connection. cant get sound through these speakers so slightly puzzled do i need speakers with hd input jack? my monitor is prob 5yo so has no speakers. the volume control on the taskbar shows an AMD hdmi output icon. pls help

Canker_Canison
5th October, 2013, 12:23 PM
Check for problems in the device manager. It could be a driver issue, or it's been deactivated.

Reapers
5th October, 2013, 02:05 PM
yeah like canker mentioned it like mostly a driver issue it will need checking or a disabled audio device
or even one thats not not selected if you have more than one.

as for the speakers

make sure there in the right input and there powered on and the selected audio device is right so as example
if it use hdmi use amd audio if not use the default onboard one usually realtek.

wally6529
11th October, 2013, 06:44 PM
Drivers, Software & Firmware for HP xw9400 Workstation - HP Support Center (http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3290542&ac.admitted=1381513313395.876444892.199480143) Have a look here for driver just be careful you get correct drivers. You say it has hdmi input, why not connect to a tv with hdmi input then use speakers on the tele no need for the old monitor then. five years old monitor should really have had on board speakers. You can also try this go to device manager find audio devices right click and delete them all, then restart pc with internet connected and all audio drivers will be reinstalled, and being on line any driver updates available will also be installed. Hope this helps.

sattv5
17th October, 2013, 01:50 AM
hi all recently got a hp xw 9400 workstation, arrived complete with radeon hd 5450 graphics card. had no sound so bought some speakers off amazon which come with input jack and usb connection. cant get sound through these speakers so slightly puzzled do i need speakers with hd input jack? my monitor is prob 5yo so has no speakers. the volume control on the taskbar shows an AMD hdmi output icon. pls help

Most motherboards have 3.5mm jack ports and the speakers must be plugged into the port that is green. The usb can be plugged into any port as it is just providing power. Now right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select playback devices. You should now have quite a few options in there, hopefully you should have one that says speakers if so right click on it and select set as default device. Now right click on it again and select test and you should have sound coming out of your speakers.

If you still have no sound look on the speakers for a volume button (it's normally the one that has the USB wire attached to it)