PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar X-Type transpoder progr. - anyone in Essex / Basildon who could do this?

VTS_Tibi
8th October, 2013, 11:11 AM
Hi Guys,

I bought myself a 2003 Jaguar X-Type and it only came with one key fob. I will buy a used from Ebay, and I will be able to sync that to the car, but I am looking forn an auto locksmith who could make me a transponder for the new key.

The problem is I only have basic programing tools here, so I don't think I will be able to read the dump which stores the key data...

Is there anyone on here in Essex, around Basildon?

Best regards,

Tibi

VTS_Tibi
22nd October, 2013, 10:03 AM
Bump, anyone around this area?

P&D
22nd October, 2013, 09:50 PM
the key for the x type is ID60 no need for a new chip or read any dump's
the x type jaguar is a ford mondeo with a different coat on

find someone that can program ford remotes & let them do it

VTS_Tibi
23rd October, 2013, 07:09 AM
the key for the x type is ID60 no need for a new chip or read any dump's
the x type jaguar is a ford mondeo with a different coat on

find someone that can program ford remotes & let them do it

Hi Mate,

Thanks. Yeah I know it is a 4D-60 inside which could be reused, but I have not found anyobody who would program the transponder for less than 100 pounds which is hilarious, especially if a tool what could do this costs not much more...

paulinter
23rd October, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hi mate. Seen this but not sure if it's any good. I done similar on a fiesta 14 diesel and it worked. A few years ago now tho. Might be worth a try if you haven't already http://m.wikihow.com/Program-Keys-to-Jaguar-X-Type

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

VTS_Tibi
23rd October, 2013, 09:51 AM
Hi mate. Seen this but not sure if it's any good. I done similar on a fiesta 14 diesel and it worked. A few years ago now tho. Might be worth a try if you haven't already Program Keys to Jaguar X Type - wikiHow (http://m.wikihow.com/Program-Keys-to-Jaguar-X-Type)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

That procedure is for the remote part, which is not the issue. To program the transponder (immo) I would need a VCM or an MVP / T300

P&D
23rd October, 2013, 03:11 PM
Hi,

That procedure is for the remote part, which is not the issue. To program the transponder (immo) I would need a VCM or an MVP / T300
Try this if you have 2 keys it sometimes works on the earlier fords

Insert the first already programmed key into the ignition and turn to position II
Turn back to 0 and remove the key
Insert the second already programmed key into the ignition and turn to position II
Key programming mode is now activated and you have ten seconds to:
Insert the unprogrammed new key into the ignition and turn to position II
Allow 10 seconds to pass for the system to exit programming mode.

Sorry just noticed in your 1st post you only have one key

ninja123
23rd October, 2013, 06:31 PM
im going to burnham on sea next week, is that any good to you or still too far?

ninja