PDA

View Full Version : usb problem

shaunfree
8th October, 2013, 08:27 PM
hi again all another prob,changed from b,h to vix and all was running well ,set up everything,then decided to download picons onto usb from the tspanel on the vu+solo then the box froze (while downloading)so had to turn of at mains,turned back on again and froze again so took usb out turned on and booted ok,so formated (fat 32) usb, put back in vu+ and box booted ok so set up epg on usb turned box off then on and froze again,so every time i format usb box boots ok until i put something on usb then does not boot (freeze) usb was working fine for 2 weeks and works fine on the lappy has anybody had this prob or anybody no a solution thanks to all, shaun

P&D
8th October, 2013, 11:28 PM
Hi mate once formatted to fat 32...have you mounted the usb stick

borrowed from another site......

You can check what's mounted by
Blue Button > Vix > Mount Manager
(alternatively telnet df-h)

shaunfree
8th October, 2013, 11:42 PM
hi P&D thanks mate is mounted as far as i read vix auto mounts usb, box off plug usb in turn on and auto mounts,went to mount manager and yes mounted ok,it was working before until put picons on,downloads epg to usb and all ok just when power off,it wont boot again with usb in,cheers mate,shaun

DOUGALMCD
9th October, 2013, 01:04 PM
It sounds like you haven't set the correct paths. What's epg path? What path is set for usb? Should be media usb in mount manager and epg config.

shaunfree
9th October, 2013, 05:57 PM
It sounds like you haven't set the correct paths. What's epg path? What path is set for usb? Should be media usb in mount manager and epg config.

hi DOUGALMCD usb paths set ok as shows mounted and epg set to usb,epg downloads ok to usb and works fine then when i turn box off box will not boot again with usb inserted ,update did a reflash with vix and now cannot mount any usb stick all been formated fat 32 was working fine till i had this prob,mount manager shows mount none and type unavailable when i try to mount i get mount failed cheers mate, shaun

cactikid
9th October, 2013, 08:07 PM
you may have to format on pc first then initalize usb first before mounting it,can you not download plugins from menu and picons are on that list you can use.

word of warning dont keep on plugging/unplugging solo as you may blow a cap from a surge,use the reset button between scart and hdmi to reset if box freezes.:top:

shaunfree
10th October, 2013, 12:47 AM
you may have to format on pc first then initalize usb first before mounting it,can you not download plugins from menu and picons are on that list you can use.

word of warning dont keep on plugging/unplugging solo as you may blow a cap from a surge,use the reset button between scart and hdmi to reset if box freezes.:top:

hi and thanks cactikid,for the warning thought the reset put back to factory,i did format on pc and with vu control center,but still no joy can download plugins ok from menu and tspanel,just to save space i wanted picons +epg on usb,but prob now worse as cannot mount any usb since i did a fresh install of vix, all started with downloading picons to usb from the tspanel,all gone wrong since the box froze and unpluged

cactikid
10th October, 2013, 09:50 PM
format usb to ntfs,i noticed the latest vix images have a bug and you cannot set up a swap file on the duo or solo2.

shaunfree
11th October, 2013, 10:15 PM
format usb to ntfs,i noticed the latest vix images have a bug and you cannot set up a swap file on the duo or solo2.

hi and thanks again cactikid tried nfts still no joy mate,this box is starting to get to me now as cant seem to get round this lol cheers mate shaun

digicon
12th October, 2013, 12:40 AM
Where you having the same problem with the USB stick on the Blackhole image

shaunfree
12th October, 2013, 04:51 PM
Where you having the same problem with the USB stick on the Blackhole image

Hi digicon was ok on bh,but changed to vix and worked ok util i had the prob with picons freezing during download and had to power off box,cheers,shaun