PDA

View Full Version : No sly sports 1, 3 and ppv on a750?

Jezzer
8th May, 2009, 03:37 PM
Ok, i flashed the box with the relevant software and did a factory reset. Scanned the newtork and got 90 percent of channels. The only channels i dont have are sly sports 1, 3 and ppv. I cant even find 1 or 3, there non existant. All the other channels are fine.

Does anyone know how i could get these channels up?

I have done 2 factory resets now and my feed is coming straight into the box. My signal is in the 80's.

Thanks in advance :)

wilf
8th May, 2009, 03:40 PM
which firmware mate. the 13/3/09 i find works better on the A750

Jezzer
8th May, 2009, 03:45 PM
which firmware mate. the 13/3/09 i find works better on the A750

Its on the newest one mate 19/3/09. If its that then il have to borrow me mums comp again lol. I only just got it flased yesterday :laugh:

Still no bother. Im happy with the channels i have. Do you reckon its defo that then?

thanks

wilf
8th May, 2009, 03:49 PM
i got a a700 and a750 last week when the boxing was on i tried to find it on the 750 and no ppv channels were there i flashed with the 13/3 09 and hey pressto they appeared yet they were there all along on the 700 have left the firmware on and its been superduper since all channels working 100%

Jezzer
8th May, 2009, 03:54 PM
Okies. Thanks 4 that. Not going to be able to get a comp that works for a while but i will flash that firmware when i get the chance. Its a pain in the arse cause my laptop isnt sufficient to do flashes... Got the old errors with usb converters. Anyways cheers man.

wilf
8th May, 2009, 03:57 PM
you must have a mate who can keep his mouth shut lol with a desktop you can borrow for half hour

Jezzer
8th May, 2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah i got mates but they live too far away lol It dont matter, il just have to watch the footie on justintv for the time being :P I thouth once they put a new firmware out, the old 1 never worked? I

mark36
8th May, 2009, 09:05 PM
this might be worth a go m8. I had the same problem with mine a while back but with ITV3 and ITV 4 and CH5 which are all on the same frequency.I tried everything,scan,reinstall firmware etc etc and the channels just wern't there.So as a last resort i swapped it with another box with a different cable and bingo all came back.Just a poor connection but i did have to search for them as they didn't come back in order.SP1 AND SP3 are on the same frequencies so it might be worth trying this first before you try the firmware again.Obviously you'll need to do a fresh scan as well.worth a try.

Jezzer
8th May, 2009, 10:45 PM
I havent got another box im afraid, you mean swap the box for another 1 to see if its the box right? Yes im going to double check the connections in a minute to see if that helps. If that fails i will reflash onother firmware.

One more thing if you or anyone can help with. I accedently dropped my remote earlier! it never worked for about 10 mins. I used the buttons on the box to change the channels and it started going loopy? lol Going constantly though channels. Would that be something like a stuck button on the box?
Its ok now touch wood! thanks

mark36
8th May, 2009, 11:08 PM
no not really the box Jezzer,thats ok cause your getting everything else.just the connection.you see my thinking is that some channels need a stronger signal than other's and there both on the same frequency(sp1 and sp3) and if there's even a slight problem with yer cable it can cause all sorts of issues.Probably not the case with yours but it sorted mine out.By the way i never upgraded to the march firmware and am still running the feb firmware and everything ok.

Fspiders
9th May, 2009, 11:23 AM
just put it in standby mode for a bit, The box didn't pick up a tp on scan and eventually rescanning channels or power mode scan will pick them up.

As for ppv you'll only get a picture on that channel when they're advertising or the event is on. Otherwise its a dead channel.

Jezzer
9th May, 2009, 06:00 PM
I did put it into power search mode yesterday but it still never found ss1 or 3. I will try it again tonight to see if that works. Thanks people. Is there any way to input single channels or search a frequency without doing a factory reset? Cheers

Jezzer
9th May, 2009, 11:07 PM
Quick question. Will it make any difference if i change the signal deviation? If yes, do i just do a reset and set deviation up or down before scanning? or could i just set deviation and then do a power scan? thanks

rami
10th May, 2009, 12:45 AM
Ok, i flashed the box with the relevant software and did a factory reset. Scanned the newtork and got 90 percent of channels. The only channels i dont have are sly sports 1, 3 and ppv. I cant even find 1 or 3, there non existant. All the other channels are fine.

Does anyone know how i could get these channels up?

I have done 2 factory resets now and my feed is coming straight into the box. My signal is in the 80's.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

Any idea how to download the latest update. And any idea if that works with the new A750

Thanks
rami

Jezzer
10th May, 2009, 02:36 AM
Hi

Any idea how to download the latest update. And any idea if that works with the new A750

Thanks
rami

You will need a null modem cable, the downtool and the latest firmware 19/03/09.

1: Plug in the null cable into the back of your box and to the pc, making sure that the box is turned off.

2: open the downtool and click on the download tab in the top right corner

3: click open and put in the firmware that you downloaded in. make sure its set to ftamodel.

4: Click start and quickly flick your box on(power it up)

5: wait for it to update, the box should turn itself off and on again. Once it has done that you are good to go.

Note the comport on the downtool has to match the comport in device manager. If it dosent then it will not work. Mine worked on comport 1.

Im not exactly sure where on the forum the downtool and the firmware are, mabye someone else can give you that info. If not send me a pm and i will send you the website as i dont think im allowed to post links.

wilf
10th May, 2009, 03:33 AM
you only need to change com port if using a usb serial cable as well as a rs232 null cable on laptop no need to change if using desktop. In the download section under arnet kryptview is where to locate the firmware and loader.

wilf
10th May, 2009, 03:40 AM
Quick question. Will it make any difference if i change the signal deviation? If yes, do i just do a reset and set deviation up or down before scanning? or could i just set deviation and then do a power scan? thanks

the signal devition up or down will only make better and only very slightly at that if your picture is a bit out of tune, as your channels are not even open it wont make any difference what so ever, best left alone m8 if your other channels are ok to view.