PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding going motorised.

Benzade
14th October, 2013, 09:32 AM
Finally decided to go motorized and after finding a great second hand dish/motor combo for ?10 I'm ready to take the plunge.

I've already read the excellent tut in this section which is easy to follow and answered nearly all of my questions regarding setting up a motor, however it seems to have been written from the view point that the reader is setting up the motor from being brand new.

My motor looks like it was last used on Astra 19e before being taken down as it's stopped around the 20e mark. So my question is do I need to reset it back to 0 degrees? If so is this done by slackening off the pinch bolt just under the motor or do I need to couple it up to my receiver to reset it?

Thanks in advance

Regards

digicon
14th October, 2013, 11:06 AM
The latter you need to couple it up to your receiver first and use the function known as Goto '0' also known as many other phrases as well but generally found in the motor control menu of your receiver

Benzade
14th October, 2013, 02:21 PM
Cheers for the swift reply Digicon :top:. I've found the function in the Technomate motor control menu and I'll give it a whirl soon as my cars MOT is due and takes priority at the moment.