PDA

View Full Version : knackered drive shaft ( i think )

gmb45
14th October, 2013, 08:36 PM
ok ive got an old citroen saxo, when i go round a right hand bend applying some power i get a fast rattle, the faster i go the faster the rattle, im pretty sure its a drive shaft but which one ? it only does it going right not left, today i heard a weird humming sound when easing off the power to slow down ( this dont happen all the time ) car has only 46k on clock and in good nick so worth spending a few tokens on, oh and is there any danger from this ? cheers for the replies. :top: ive got a price from a member on here of about 100 tokens per side, oh and it flew thru mot in july so wont be a bush, roll bar etc

cactikid
14th October, 2013, 09:34 PM
turn your steering all the way to the left and check cv boot for split and grease everywhere,do the same on other side,peugeot/citroens problems are driveshafts,usually find a carpark and drive in circles clockwise and anticlockwise while listening for noise,usually you can tell if its right or left as from where the sound comes from .the hum is it a wheel bearing hum while driving straight at 40 mph veer slightly to left and to right does the hum differ,when weight is put on bad bearing it gets louder and removed softer,jack up ech wheel and give a good spin and listen.

Meat-Head
17th October, 2013, 06:28 PM
Agree, find a parking lot, but watch out for big yellow taxi's, full lock and if you get NACKER, NACKER, NACKER as full lock, chances are CV joint gone.

When you say 'power' what do you mean, did you turn the heater motor off or something?

gmb45
17th October, 2013, 06:31 PM
oops :embarassed: forgot to update thread :embarassed: got price from local garage where a go fur mots 120 tokens tops fur 2 shafts supply n fit now thats the real deal init :top: no invoice ;) thats beer tokens in hand to you meaty me old mucker :top:

cactikid
17th October, 2013, 10:38 PM
hope he got a good ruler different lengths lol

gmb45
18th October, 2013, 05:55 AM
hope he got a good ruler different lengths lol first thing he said one longer than the other so bit dearer when giving price, been going to this garage 7 years now they trustworthy and good prices as ya can see, garage always rammed we cars that alone says a lot init, shiteron drive shafts are pish at best, had em done on old car, all cars have their bad points, this is the only bad point av found we shiterons so can live we pish drive shafts.

Meat-Head
18th October, 2013, 01:45 PM
they trustworthy and good prices as ya can see, garage always rammed we cars that alone says a lot init, .

cars they have killed you mean?

"init" you been on chavscum.com or something

gmb45
18th October, 2013, 01:49 PM
cars they have killed you mean?

"init" you been on chavscum.com or something init quality garage duf will give ya their number show ya how to go on meaty :top:

Meat-Head
18th October, 2013, 01:56 PM
init quality garage duf will give ya their number show ya how to go on meaty :top:

Can just see it now:-

RING RING:-

'ELLO ROUGH ARSE CAR REPAIRS

Yo MH here Home - Meat-Head-Motors.co.uk (http://www.meat-head-motors.co.uk)

YOU WHAT DUCK

Not got time for a Thick Mechanic photo

gmb45
29th October, 2013, 03:53 PM
quick update a forgot :embarassed: had both shafts done friday + gearbox oil change cause it dumps the oil when ya pull shafts oot, 125 beer tokens all in thats the real deal, quiet now now knocks or rattles :top:

Meat-Head
30th October, 2013, 09:04 PM
I guess that the U2 song had finished on the 8 track by then

Rattle and Hum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rattle_and_Hum)