PDA

View Full Version : card

scoo
9th May, 2009, 03:55 PM
hi can anyone help me and tell me what card will go into my sony bravia if there is one to let me view freesat or any other viewing

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st May, 2009, 10:49 PM
phone Sky and buy a ?20 freesat card!

alunfennell
22nd May, 2009, 02:13 AM
Well I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV and the only port on tha back is for a cam modul the Slot is for some European countrys who broadcast using a Cam Modul to keep there broadcasting rights regional.. Freesat & Sky do not have a Cam Modul to take any of these cards (Freesat does not require a card) Sky I beleive have stoped issuing the Sky freeview viewing card and are due to stop the service in the future ...even so there is no cam available to take any form of Sly Card.

What might and should work is a Setanta Freeview - Using a CAM with your TV topup or subscription on Freeview all details can be found here Setanta on Freeview - Using a CAM with your TV (http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/setanta_cam.html).

Regards:
Alun

terriers
22nd May, 2009, 03:26 PM
sly cards work fine in the diablo cam..

alunfennell
23rd May, 2009, 01:26 AM
But the diablo cam is for a satellite receiver to decode satellite broadcasting and can only used in a satellite receiver ! A diablo cam in back of a Sony bravia tv set is not going to do anything for you because you cant connect a satellite dish directly into the TV ..... (only on the freeview range from panasonic have direct satellite input)

In the Uk the only use for this cam slot is for the topup cam used by Setanta to take there card, It can also take a blue zetacam or white icecrypt cam flashed with the joker 0.79 firmware and then flash to mosc or fun smartcard to open cable channels as long as there is a dvb-c tuner which a lot of the bravia range do come with as standard....

Regards:
Alun...

sharpman
26th May, 2009, 04:09 PM
all i got to say is if its free sat then why would you want to pay ?20 for a viewing card - rip off.

free sat is free - i`m using the tm6800hd reciever with no card and getting all the FREE sat channels.

alunfennell
26th May, 2009, 04:32 PM
Feesat from Sky will give you Sky Sports news, Setanta Sports news Sky 3 and the other Five channels Five USA etc.... there are some advantages to having a Sky viewing card ... But Sky are looking at finishing this Freeview service they provide....

Regards:
Alun