PDA

View Full Version : My poor dog

charlie senator
10th March, 2008, 09:11 PM
Just got back today from a few days in London and found Max hasn't been eating and is just lying around lifeless .So took him to the vet and when he got in he started peeing blood !! The mrs burst into tears and i was stunned .The vet took some blood samples and gave him a large dose of antibiotics etc .He says it may be an infection of the kidneys or bladder but will know more tomorrow when he's tested the samples I'm gutted ! he's only 3

Devilfish
10th March, 2008, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear that Charlie.

Hopefully some attention and TLC will get him back on the mend quicker.

allycoops
10th March, 2008, 09:17 PM
Shame that Charlie , thommo's dog aint to well either by the sounds of it

Baaheeduk
10th March, 2008, 09:26 PM
Sorry to here that Charlie. Hopefully he'll improve over the next few days?

wiiman
10th March, 2008, 09:30 PM
oh dear, i wish the best for you and your dog. We lost our black lab late last year to stomach cancer, i'm a 16 stone 6'4'' ugly bloke thats not highly emotional, but dropping the dog of at the vets to be opened up for tests really upset me, i ran out to the car and cried like a little kid. I'll always remeber the nervous look on her face as i left her with the vet. Telling the vet to put her down after they found the tumour was even worse, phoned the wife and kids just after and just cried down the phone.

You never realise how much of a part of your life your dog is until they have gone, we said no more pets after we had to put Buffy (our black lab) down, but last monthe we went and got a german shepherd pup and now we're talking about getting another.

Devilfish
10th March, 2008, 09:35 PM
we said no more pets after we had to put Buffy (our black lab) down,

Everyone says that but you always end up getting another one lol.

Dream Unlocker
10th March, 2008, 09:38 PM
Just got back today from a few days in London and found Max hasn't been eating and is just lying around lifeless .So took him to the vet and when he got in he started peeing blood !! The mrs burst into tears and i was stunned .The vet took some blood samples and gave him a large dose of antibiotics etc .He says it may be an infection of the kidneys or bladder but will know more tomorrow when he's tested the samples I'm gutted ! he's only 3

hope he gets better soon

charlie senator
10th March, 2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys its appreciated And Wiiman i know how you felt mate Max is my fourth Shephard and i said never again after everyone of them !

Kalipo
10th March, 2008, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear mate.. hope the dog gets better :)

We had a Cross rotty about 10 years back.. she was in the garden on a chain.. we had to do this as she was good at jumping the 10ft fence..

Went out one day cause she had gone quiet could see her.. then saw the chain over the gate..

She had only pull her kennel close to the gate to get over but she hadnt pulled it enough and had hung herself.. felt sick when i saw her..

what made me angry was there was this asian man with kids looking at her laughing because she was dead.. i swear if i was older he would be a dead man.. i still remember this to this day and get angry for her because them dim wit imagarants could of helped her..

smirnoff_rules
10th March, 2008, 10:24 PM
on a lighter note . my m8s dog was chained up in the day in the middle of the garden and the next doors dog had worked out if he chased her around and around the pole the chain would get shorter and shorter and in the end he could have his wicked way with her lol

krazylegz
10th March, 2008, 10:32 PM
sorry to hear that charlie hope he gets better m8.

@smirnoff pmsl m8 dogs think just like us lol

charlie senator
10th March, 2008, 10:45 PM
Well some good news he's started eating again after 3 days. He's had a pack of corned beef ,a pack of wafer ham and a big soup lol Won't eat his dog food but he will eat anything i eat .The big soup was for me because i'd lost my appetite so i pretended to eat the ham and corned beef with it and he ate the lot so i gave him my soup as well lol

krazylegz
10th March, 2008, 10:55 PM
thats great news charlie,just hope he goes on his own food shortly as you'll be cooking 3 meals a day for him soon lol

wiiman
10th March, 2008, 10:57 PM
glad to hear that charlie, hopefully he's just had an infection.

Jaffa
10th March, 2008, 11:03 PM
Glad your dog is getting better Charlie, no wonder you lost your appetite, but hopefully it will recover fully.

btw...if I am ever poorly I am coming over to your house for corned beef and big soup...ummmmm

thommo
11th March, 2008, 12:16 AM
just seen this post, i know how you feel m8 as mentioned mines not right well either, got PLE, no cure but it can be treatable, shes on drugs now and she shat a solid for the first time in a month or so,she looks at the min like one of those dogs you see on pet rescue all skinny and boney but that the effect of the illness, plasma and protiens dont get taken in so they waste away. the drugs are working for now and i hope they continue to work as if they dont its the bad times. she'll be on drugs and special food forever now.

im @600 quid already for the vets bills and they'll continue but what can you do eh?

glad to see yours is eating again and hopefully a full recovery.

charlie senator
11th March, 2008, 12:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Thommo and i hope the treatment continues to work for her .I'm only ?80 in at the moment but sods law i changed insurance companies last tuesday and you can't make a claim on the new one for 2 weeks also they wont pay out for any illness that started during those 2 weeks so i might be catching you up soon lol .But what can you do ? we love our pets too much

wiiman
11th March, 2008, 12:37 AM
I was lucky with buffy, we had changed our pet insurance about 3 months before we had to take her to the vets and it covered everything other than the euthanasia. It only cost us about ?70 with the insurance otherwise it would have cost us over ?500.

charlie senator
18th March, 2008, 11:09 PM
Just thought i'd give you an update on Max
Well last week he had injections every night and was picking up daily.His appetite was coming back and by friday you would have thought he had never been ill at all. We gave him a full meal of fried liver and dog biscuits and when i got up on saturday he had been a little bit sick on his bed . Then about an hour later he threw everything up and lay on the floor shaking.I thought we had lost him ,he wouldn't eat or drink so i crushed his tablets up and mixed them with milk in a syringe and squirted it down his throat and after an hour he started to pick up again.By Sunday he was bouncing around like a good un and now he looks again like he's never been sick ! I think maybe we over fed him and it upset his stomach.The vet says its going to take 6 to 8 weeks before he's well again but they don't know whats wrong with him.All his blood tests have come back normal .So we are just keeping our fingers crossed at the moment

allycoops
18th March, 2008, 11:14 PM
Good luck with Max Charlie over the next few weeks mate, I hope all turns out well.

Ham
19th March, 2008, 12:39 AM
I didn't see this before Charlie - looks like things are picking up a bit.

Let's hope he'll soon be back to full health.

krazylegz
19th March, 2008, 02:46 AM
hope it all goes well with max charlie m8