PDA

View Full Version : Lipsync problems with DM500S

samualash
16th October, 2013, 09:56 AM
Im having problems with audio and visual sync with my DM500S. The problems starts almost straight away when I switch on and gradually gets worse. When i change channel and switch back again its ok. When i go on the same channel on DTV its ok. Ive had the box for a few months now and this has only just happened in the last few days.

Can anyone help please. :sorrow:

purdybread
16th October, 2013, 11:32 AM
What image are you using?

samualash
16th October, 2013, 10:26 PM
Sorry im new to this. What do you mean?

digicon
16th October, 2013, 11:59 PM
Sorry im new to this. What do you mean?

The image on the Box itself similar to a firmware, So could be called Openpli,Commmado etc...

samualash
17th October, 2013, 08:15 AM
Its Commando 14.7

purdybread
17th October, 2013, 12:16 PM
I have the same issue with a couple of DM500s. All using Commando 14.7. It seems to be a problem with the image, but despite that I still believe its the best image out there for a 500. Although for me it doesn't start straight away and takes maybe an hour or more to become noticeable. Until now I have done as you have been doing and briefly changing channel. If you have the latest online updates installed for Commando you can achieve the same result by just pressing the 'TV' button on the remote.

PaphosAL
17th October, 2013, 07:28 PM
Yes- if it's Commando 14.7 and you have applied the latest 19 Sep 2013 online update, then, after watching the same mindless drivel for a a continuous 2-3 hours you notice lip-sync has started to drift out of sync, then SHOCK HORROR!!!

Some feedback suggests that this is a MAJOR FAULT in the image. Utter nonsense! Just press the [TV] key and lip-sync will be back to 100% normal again. OK, the screen goes black for ? a second. So what? Enigma images suffer from lip-sync issues too, but don't fix it like we have!

Cheers- AL ;)