PDA

View Full Version : Truck stolen, left with an unusable SCT SF2 tuner and my files.

ddillenger84
17th October, 2013, 08:02 PM
My truck was stolen a few years back, but the tuner wasn't in it. I'm now left with my SCT tuner that is locked to a truck I'll never see again. I was wondering if anyone knew the method by which it locks itself to the ecu. 2005 F350 powerstroke diesel if it matters. Is it locked to the vin? Is it as simple as changing the data in a used ecu to match my truck and then unlocking it?

Any tips would be appreciated.

kennfeld
18th October, 2013, 09:41 PM
it's certainly possible to reset the tuner

lot of tuners like that if you put back ecu to org you can use it on another car is that so with that one ???

kennfeld
18th October, 2013, 09:44 PM
you need to find the same ecu or truck ....

read out the ecu eeprom and flash ...

then you put an ecu with the vin from the stolen truck inside the eeprom that you need to checksum and then you tell with tool to put the ecu original it send org and then it's certainly unlocked or erasable for link with other vin

ddillenger84
18th October, 2013, 09:51 PM
I have a spare ecu, I have another truck with which to experiment. Does anyone know which chip in the ford ecu the vin is stored? I am primarily a vw/audi guy.

And yes, it is the type of flashtuner that is locked to the vehicle until it is returned to stock. The problem is I no longer have access to the truck to return it to stock settings, so I posted here :)

It is a 2005 ford F350 superduty powerstroke diesel. This is what the computer looks like.

kennfeld
19th October, 2013, 07:09 PM
And yes, it is the type of flashtuner that is locked to the vehicle until it is returned to stock. The problem is I no longer have access to the truck to return it to stock settings, so I posted here :)

that's why you have to simulate that truck with a spare ecu
you find the eeprom
most of the time a SOIC 8 like in lot cars 95XXX or 24C08 or 93C66 or other device like that ...
the chip has often 2 lines of 4 pin and it's very small ...

once you find it
you read it and then need to mod vin to the stolen truck vin you checksum the eeprom file you write it back then you connect the ecu to that truck and you write back to org the ecu

ddillenger84
19th October, 2013, 11:39 PM
I'm aware of what the SOIC-8 looks like, I was just curious if the data was going to be stored there, or in the main flash.

I'll just dig around in there until I find something that makes sense! Thanks.

kennfeld
20th October, 2013, 11:14 AM
best is read both
where are situated geographically ?

ddillenger84
20th October, 2013, 05:42 PM
The US, New York to be specific.

I have a GQ4X, MPPS (original) and some other tools at my disposal, but I have no idea what it would take to read this. Figured I'd ask the experts

:)

qubits
12th August, 2015, 09:26 PM
I would simply read all 8pin eeprom you can find. There aren't that many and won't take much time. If the vin is not there then look into MCU.

Or did you find the chip?

utcatmech
7th October, 2015, 01:28 AM
Any luck on this?

ddillenger84
7th October, 2015, 03:43 AM
Any luck on this?

It was more a curiosity than anything. I opened it, none of the eeproms were labeled, kinda gave up after that.