PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue QUAD motor / tuner setup

djmadman
19th October, 2013, 06:10 PM
As the title says guys,

i took the plunge and i bought the Gigablue QUAD.
all in all i really like it. much better than my 800 clone. the boot time is amazingly quick as us the channel zapping.

so, im only just getting to grips with it.

where i am stuck is the set up of the tuners.

i only have 2 tuners installed at the moment.
my lnb is only a one cable lnb -> a motor.
so what i have done is i have got a satellite cable splitter so both my tuners are running.

but, how do i set the tuners up? will they work with the splitter?
i want to be able to record one channel and watch another. right now i cant.

so i am rather baffled, as per usual hahaha

Hope everyone is well also!!! :top:

ramjet
19th October, 2013, 06:16 PM
you cannot split a satellite feed m8 , each tuner needs its own feed

if you box has lnb in and out twice then go from lnb1 out to lnb2 in , and configure the image to use the same settings for both

this will mainly allow you to watch one channel and record another channel, BUT only on the same transponder

in order to have independent full feeds you need a twin or quad lnb on the dish , have tuner 1 operate the motor and tuner 2 go direct to the second feed from the dish

djmadman
19th October, 2013, 06:22 PM
dude, many thanks for your reply.

i thought the splitter may work dammit.
looks like the ladders are coming out tomorrow. so to summarise,

i will install a quad lnb, two feeds coming into the house, tuner A set up as USALS and tuner B set solely on 28.2? or would i have tuner B as the second power feed to the dish?

just want to make double sure

ramjet
19th October, 2013, 07:19 PM
tuner A feeds the motor and lnb A

tuner B goes direct to the LNB B output and is either set to 28.2e , or can be set to duplicate whatever your tuner A setup is

ie:- one sat or multiple sats , the exact details will be down to your image and vary from box to box

so usually one tuner operates the motor with one lnb feed , in this case multiple sats

the second is set to multiple sats but isnt driving the motor, so only powering lnb B

djmadman
19th October, 2013, 09:05 PM
cheers mate,

i will have a butchers tomorrow.
i got plenty of old sly quad lnb's im just hoping they fit my 80cm dish lol

digicon
19th October, 2013, 09:24 PM
If your fitting a quad to a standard 80cm motorised dish then you might want to think about getting a suitable standard LNB for the Job, The $ly Quads are designed to work with there own elliptical dish so the feed horn is angled in such a way as to maximise performance on this type of dish.

In Plain terms fitting a $ly quad to a standard 80cm dish will only see around 65cm of the surface area due as i said to the shape of the feedhorn, If your willing to take the hit on performance then go for it.

djmadman
19th October, 2013, 10:08 PM
digi - i never knew that! everyday is a school day

rightyo then, i will have a drive to maplins tomorrow as they are the only people i can think of around that may sell the suitable lnb

digicon
20th October, 2013, 01:07 AM
On a personal note i think i would rather wait and maybe order from ebay rather than pay the extortionate prices that maplin charge

djmadman
20th October, 2013, 08:32 AM
that is also another option lol

iv been toying with upgrading to a 1m dish as it is, maybe ill buy a package.
just frustrating that the position of my dish cant get round past 19.2 - bloody rental properties lol