PDA

View Full Version : Failing to install HD using GP3 image

GunillaPS
19th October, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hi,
I have a DM800HS SE clone with Rami Maher's image "GP3-db800se-2013-04-05", but I can't get my ext HD installed properly. Is there someone who can help me with a step-by-step guide?
Keeping my fingers crossed that someone will take pity on an oldish (50+) dame in distress ;)

digicon
19th October, 2013, 08:06 PM
Not used GP3 in a very long time are you sure the hard drive is not mounted have a look in the mount menu to see if it has installed as something else

GunillaPS
20th October, 2013, 09:56 AM
Sorry, should have told you what I've done so far:
- Initialized and mounted HD in Device Mgr (Blue Panel) successfully
- Tried to enter recording path, but need to indicate default storage device (Setup System)
- Opened Storage Device, but seemed to have to initialize here as well. Did that, but get message "Unable to initialize harddisk. Error: Create movie folder failed"
And so it goes, 'round and around...

GunillaPS
20th October, 2013, 10:02 AM
BTW, the HD is working fine in itself... Should I change image, maybe? If so, to what?

digicon
20th October, 2013, 10:57 AM
It could be the image i has a similar problem with OpenPLI 3.0 with my internal hard drive as soon as i re-flashed the image everything corrected itself

GunillaPS
21st October, 2013, 12:34 PM
I appreciate your suggestion! I re-flashed, but the problem persists, unfortunately. Anything else, maybe?

alom5
8th January, 2014, 01:44 PM
i've just installed a gemini 3 image and had the same problem.

the issue is the mountpoint is named as media\BA

you need to press blue - device manager- ok - blue button - set new label.......then change that to hdd

that will sort it out and you can access it and use crossepg and all the rest.

nice image actually....lets see how it goes....

cboyer
8th January, 2014, 10:13 PM
i had the same problem a while ago and im sure i had to mount hdd using ts panel instead of doing it through the image?