PDA

View Full Version : Help please

quark01
10th May, 2009, 05:12 PM
I have ip9000hd and I cannot get it flash either by serial or usb on the lcd unknown characters appear immediately when I hold the power and front button I cannot flash it any help would be appreciated

Thanks

bro
11th May, 2009, 01:21 PM
did you use usb stick or usb pc lead

quark01
11th May, 2009, 02:26 PM
I used both to no avail

aftermath
11th May, 2009, 05:50 PM
did ya keep the front on/off button pressed in while you switch it on at the back, keep it pressed in for about 5 seconds until you see the usb upgrade in the LCD.

you could try putting the image on a usb stick ( name it usb.upgrade.img ) then keep the on/off button pressed in when you switch on at the back and as soon as it says booting press the up key on the front, this should also bring into the usb upgrade mode.

Failing that your box could be damaged, ive read that sometimes when you are using the switch at the back to switch on and off, it has been known to cause a power surge and screw it up, ive only known this on 2 occasions out of thousands though.

Good luck

quark01
11th May, 2009, 06:05 PM
thanks for the replies all I get when use the power button and switch and usb image is on jumble up letters and numbers with what look like squares and other symbols . if power surge is the cause am I am screwed

aftermath
11th May, 2009, 06:18 PM
what i would do mate is, if you got 2 tuners , take one out, or swap them over , make sure they pushed in the slots corroctly. and try again..

Failing that what message do you get in the LED, if its XXXXXXXXXXXXXX or ########## , sounds like something i read elsewhere , a short on the board, which means you will need to send back to manufacturers to fit a new board,

But try everything else first..

quark01
11th May, 2009, 06:55 PM
thanks very much for the reply aftermath the error isosomething like ############ so its off to the manufacturers which is going to be a pain as I got it from a Germany company and have no info would you know if I could send it the ABCOM