PDA

View Full Version : Acer 5720 screen flickers

samualash
21st October, 2013, 01:24 PM
I have an Acer 5720 ive had it a few years and all was fine but now suddenly the screen has started to flicker. I have tried to change the screen refresh rate to 85 hertz as it says 60 but it wont allow me to change it. its just set at 60.

Does anyone know if this would solve the problem and if so how do I change it on my PC

Cod3waX
21st October, 2013, 06:52 PM
sounds like a loose connection from the inside or that the screen cable it about to go

screen cable probably run up the side of the laptop hinge and worn it out

manhatten
21st October, 2013, 11:06 PM
I have an Acer 5720 ive had it a few years and all was fine but now suddenly the screen has started to flicker. I have tried to change the screen refresh rate to 85 hertz as it says 60 but it wont allow me to change it. its just set at 60.

Does anyone know if this would solve the problem and if so how do I change it on my PC

Sounds like a battery on its way out, Try it without the battery in.

leeno382
22nd October, 2013, 10:42 AM
Try and press at the bottom of the screen (Left hand side plastics) and see if it flickers or not? I think it could be the Lcd ribbon cable as mentioned above. :-)

samualash
27th October, 2013, 08:32 AM
I have pressed the screen on the left as you suggest and it doesnt flicker. Nothing happens!

lagerland
27th October, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hang on it flickers,you pressed screen on and i dont flicker,but nothing happens :hmmmm2: :confused-new:...............

stevielvl
2nd December, 2013, 04:14 AM
driver may need updated

Zacar
3rd December, 2013, 01:08 AM
If you pressed the screen on and the flicker stoped is the Lcd ribbon cable. If you know how take the display out check it. It should be worn out near the hinge. If you know how to disasemble it is not a hard repair if it is the Lcd ribbon cable