PDA

View Full Version : Protek 9770hd looped to a Mv260

Keninho83
22nd October, 2013, 06:09 PM
Ive recently bought a Protek 9770hd and am quite happy with it however im lead to believe that if i loop it to a mv260, i will get a whole lot more than what im currently receiving. Does anyone on here run either box and if so, can you let me know exactly how much more i would get as i need to decide whether its worth the extra money for the new box. Thanks in advance

cactikid
22nd October, 2013, 09:21 PM
loop is taking a sat feed from that box to another box,no decryption in that method.

Keninho83
22nd October, 2013, 09:53 PM
Ah right, i thought maybe the mv would decrypt different channels on the same 3 sats that i have just now. Thats the impression i was given by someone recently however i bow to your superior knowledge. Any idea why this person would make this claim?

dick b
23rd October, 2013, 01:07 PM
yeah the MV will open some different channels than the protek though some will be the same,but whats open on either box can change at a moments notice.in my opinion you would be better off motorising your protek to get at least 3.0E,7.0E,13E,16E,19.2E,23.5E 28.2E,39E,and 30W.I doubt the MV will give you any extras that you would actually want to watch though I believe you can stream some content.

Keninho83
23rd October, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hi mate, yeah i just had the sat installed yet im thinking that i shouldve got it motorised so will prob go down this route. Since this is a brand new install, what will i need extra to get it motorised and how much am i looking at? Also, could you pm me if you have a list of these different channels that i could possibly pick up thru the mv (or even a link to a channel list). Thanks

dick b
24th October, 2013, 11:09 AM
if you have a good strong wall mount you really just need the motor say a Technomate 2300 at around ?40 plus a few bits and bobs.