PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on widows 7

cunny
11th May, 2009, 08:17 PM
For those who have taken the plunge and installed a beta version of microsofts newest operating system.

Maybe posts like problems/drivers you have encountered. Tricks and tweaks also thoughts on it.

I have just installed the 32 bit edition and it was picking up my tv as primary so could not get to set up windows properly till i found out what was happening.

Street Hawk
14th May, 2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah i have taken the plunge & downloaded it & installed it yesterday.. this is my 2nd day trial on it & im tryin to see what abuse this OS can take before it crashes. it seems alright to use.. quicker than vista but still looks & acts like Vista in many ways.

so here is the question for you all.. what Anti-virus is best to use with Windows 7?
I have installed a copy of nod32 i had on my XP drive but it doesnt seem to like it very much on Windows 7.

now i like Nod32 i think its the dogs B*****s but i am always open to new Ant-virus & firewall programs so any idea's ? something like Nod32 that only uses a small amount of system resources is a bonus!

Curious123
14th May, 2009, 01:26 PM
I have Windows 7 RC installed on my works pc and I am finding that this working much better than the beta version. It is much faster than Vista and it has found all the drivers. A feature I quite like is that if you are having problems installing any particular programs than you can install it as if you were installing it in a previous version of Windows. i have not had any of the hanging problems I had with the beta version. I think this is the best version of Windows MS have done to date.

sipe
30th May, 2009, 11:47 AM
Running windows 7 x64 7100, it is very fast and what i like most it use very small amount of memory

moh
5th July, 2009, 09:46 AM
I have been running the Windows 7 RC now for over a week and have no issues with it........so bye bye Vista lol

on_the_jazz
5th July, 2009, 03:02 PM
Been using 7100 for a while now and its just great. Fast, efficient, stable. I never thought I'd say it but.... I think its good enough for me to use instead of XP :O

-Hox-
24th August, 2009, 12:16 PM
Been using 7 Ultimate for a couple of days now... seems good. It's certainly quicker than my previous XP Pro, although does look a lot like Vista. My initial thoughts were to ditch it and stick XP back on, but I think that's because I know XP and feel safe! Ha!

Anyway, it's running well, no driver issues, so it's staying until I get used to it at least! Speaking of drivers, it's found everything and installed them all faultlessly. Can't really ask for more than that from a clean install - no messing about!

Oh, one thing... ESET Security doesn't seem to like it all that much, but I'm sure there's an upgrade kicking around somewhere - I haven't looked to hard yet.

Download and give it a try... and like Jazz said, I also think it might be good enough to replace my beloved XP!

ManofScience
24th August, 2009, 12:22 PM
Got Avira running on my 64bit 7600 build of Windows 7 as the anti virus, works spot on. All pretty good so far, a few issues that i can't click cetain desktop items when some windows are open, have to go thru the start bar. weird.

-Hox-
24th August, 2009, 06:05 PM
Got Avira running on my 64bit 7600 build of Windows 7 as the anti virus, works spot on. All pretty good so far, a few issues that i can't click cetain desktop items when some windows are open, have to go thru the start bar. weird.

Don't know if it'll help you, don't know if you even like it... but I've installed RocketDock, and it's working perfectly... I've just bunged all of my needed shortcuts on there!

nevovx
1st September, 2009, 04:56 PM
i am currently using Windows 7, its been great so far. Had a lots of test installs and had few problems with the old hardwares specially intel onboard graphics. Although there was no drivers for Windows 7, it didnt mind using windows 2000 drivers. I havent done any 3D bencmarking when i use Win2000 drivers but desktop, running applications , watching DVDs etc was ok. Its a keepers for me too.

Bulld0g
1st September, 2009, 05:46 PM
Had win7 running since M$ released the beta. I have to say it's the best OS i have used. I hated Vista with a passion lol. Got it running on Three lappys and a pc and the only driver it never picked up was a WLAN on one of the lappys. Which BTW i couldn't find a vista driver for it neither . So all in all i would deffo recommend it ;)

dctyper
1st September, 2009, 05:53 PM
i have installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and wow, its awesome. i have 2 hdd in my pc, one with xp and the other windows 7. they have exactly the same files and programs and windows 7 is so much faster