PDA

View Full Version : Repair of IPbox

quark01
12th May, 2009, 12:00 PM
Hi anyone know where I can get IPbox repaired the company I brought it off is refusing to repairing it as I have no invoice

aftermath
12th May, 2009, 05:23 PM
can you explain exactly what happens again to be sure its a hardware problem.

tell me exactly what your doing ? .

we will try and test everything first before you start spending money.

cactikid
12th May, 2009, 08:49 PM
as long as he did not hit it with a hammer tryung to fix it,felt thay way many of a time with that box lol

quark01
13th May, 2009, 07:27 AM
no I did not hit with a hammer although that would be a not a bad idea Hi Aftermath I was talking to earlier and you suggested it remove the dual tuners as I was getting something like ####### on the led I contacted the company I got it from and they said if I installed a third party image is was out of warranty I said no and then came back said I needed invoice I have no paper invoice only mail and never got back to me. There are making it difficult for me so this is last alternative to leaving it here for a doorstop

bro
17th May, 2009, 03:35 PM
have you tried flashing another images to it or aint it possible

jamie-warez
26th May, 2009, 02:56 PM
If i was you i would threat them with consumer action... And remember if you used a card to buy it you are covered with the bank also..

quark01
27th May, 2009, 06:30 AM
thanks for the reply I did threaten them with consumer action but the have completely ignored me I have contacted the oem and the are willing to repair it for me and this is in the process not sure if I am allowed to mention the company if I am then it was satboy.com buyer beware if not I apolgise and moderaor please amend

aftermath
27th May, 2009, 05:00 PM
I hope you get it sorted, we will still be here for help when needed.

on_the_jazz
30th May, 2009, 07:17 PM
Just wanted to say that you don't need an invoice. A photocopy of your credit card statement is considered proof of purchase. Will be avoiding satboy (shame since they were quite cheap!).

quark01
23rd June, 2009, 04:34 PM
The Saga continues I am not having much look with this box the OEM fixed and sent it back to the Satboy for what reason escapes me but I have to say fair play to the oem to fix it for me just a pity I have to deal with Satboy as they will not respond to my email except to ask for p&p I have sent numerous emails to them now and before I lost the plot with a few times and said few small f words. I have threaten them with customer service from Ireland and low and behold only thing they said is will you tell them about your language I said yes as this item was not cheap. I thought that I might just tell anyone here just in case they are thinking about dealing with them. Thanks