PDA

View Full Version : Help what to buy IPAD3 or 4 for my children

kaydan5
28th October, 2013, 01:35 PM
Hi Everyone

Looking to buy Ipad's for my Children for Xmas.

I'm not really computer minded and have been baffled with dual core, retina, 4g, Accelerometer etc etc.

I have been saving and have about ?1,000, ?500 for each one.

Please could someone just tell me which one to get for value of money, the only thing i know is 32Gb or 64GB lol

I would ask them but i want it as a surprise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tracy

johnboy1974
28th October, 2013, 04:53 PM
The ipad 4 is very similar to the 3 except it has a faster processor and better wifi connectivity.
Why not get them the new ipad air, out next week.
The base model 16gb wifi only will suffice at ?399.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shady
28th October, 2013, 07:08 PM
Or get them Android tablets which are going to be a hell of a lot cheaper when they'll only be playing angry birds anyway.

Sent from my AZ210A using Tapatalk 2

kaydan5
29th October, 2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks for reply, having a look at prices and biggest size memory i can get.

Shady - I did laugh at your reply and i wish it was that easy, I should of said grown up Kids, My Girl is 2nd year English Literature Student and my son is electrical apprentice at college - so it will be more drinking games and for the other grand theft auto :top:

kaydan5
29th October, 2013, 01:42 PM
The ipad 4 is very similar to the 3 except it has a faster processor and better wifi connectivity.
Why not get them the new ipad air, out next week.
The base model 16gb wifi only will suffice at ?399.

Johnboy - i just read about apple air they say you will need to carry around a charger with you because of all the running things it does? or is this the same as 3 & 4?

johnboy1974
4th November, 2013, 02:38 PM
Not heard anything about that. If you sit playing games all day or watching videos, then expect the battery to not last very long.
The ipad air is designed to have a battery life superior to all previous iPads.