PDA

View Full Version : Root HTC One and get cracked apps

mrblue
29th October, 2013, 09:15 AM
I have had iPhone for a number of years but have just switched to a htc one which Im very happy with. But have no idea how to get the most out of the iPhone. I was too used to jailbreaking and installing cracked apps with app sync or installous, very easy!!!

I have read that you don't necessarily have to root to get cracked apps but whats the meaning to that. Is there one way to get cracked apps on a rooted htc one and another way to do it if you htc one is not rooted.

Obviously Im looking the best correct way to do it, I have seen videos showing you how to root, how to get cracked apps but theres so many different ways that you are advised...

I have read about snappz, black-market, astro file manager, 4shared, appxk.....

Now I know I can install custom rooms, but if I root my htc one on 4.2 does that mean that if I update to 4.3 that Im still rooted and my apps are still in tact....

Canker_Canison
29th October, 2013, 06:02 PM
You don't have to root to get free apps. In the settings > Security menu you should find 'Unknown Sources' or something like it. If you tick this box you can install apps from any repository, be that blackmart alpha or any others you may find.

But some apps need the phone to be rooted. This is usually due to the nature of the crack on the app or what the app actually does. I'd advise not to root unless you have no other choice.

mrblue
30th October, 2013, 06:40 AM
Why do you advise not to root...?

Canker_Canison
30th October, 2013, 01:52 PM
Rooting a phone allows access to parts of the software that's critical to the o/s. If you don't know or understand what you're doing you could brick your phone.

And, as with the Ishite, you can't update without losing the Root.

I rooted my S2 previously. In all honesty it made no difference to how I used the phone or the apps I installed from 3rd party resources. I now have the Note 3 & have no plans to root it.

I would only root if there was some software I had to have that I could only get free if I rooted.

mrblue
30th October, 2013, 09:38 PM
Whats the best place to get cracked apps. Yeah I prob don't need root access, was just curious and like to tinker a bit with things...first time android user you see....

Canker_Canison
2nd November, 2013, 08:28 PM
If you're a first time user then start slow. You can always root later.

I only use 3 sources. .. Black mart alpha, aptoide & occasionally 4shared

Install aptoide by Google searching aptoide.apk and download direct from their website. From there you can get black mart or any other sources you may hear about.