PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Superb '09 CBBB DPF reflashing error

ACDC
31st October, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hi guys

I tried to turn the DPF off on a Skoda Superb (year 2009, engine code CBBB, ECU is EDC17_CP14) with ecusafe 2.0, but when I tried to reload the modified flash content into the car with mpps I got this error (see in attachment). I'm also attaching the original flash contents. Luckily I was successful in reloading the original though, so no harm done, but still I don't really understand what went wrong here.
If someone could help me out with this, I'd be grateful :)

Babos
31st October, 2013, 06:05 PM
no need touch edc17 with mpps 5,12,13 maybe 16 work good i dont know.
for edc17 is Boot mode work well via fgtech2 or other tools.

waldi1979
31st October, 2013, 09:43 PM
1. Did you make checksum before writing?
2. This ECU haven't TP, you can R/W by OBD. I don't know if MPPS work good on this ECU.
3. Ecusafe probably don't work on this EDC17.

Diagnosticated
1st November, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hi guys

I tried to turn the DPF off on a Skoda Superb (year 2009, engine code CBBB, ECU is EDC17_CP14) with ecusafe 2.0, but when I tried to reload the modified flash content into the car with mpps I got this error (see in attachment). I'm also attaching the original flash contents. Luckily I was successful in reloading the original though, so no harm done, but still I don't really understand what went wrong here.
If someone could help me out with this, I'd be grateful :)

ecusafe 2.0 probably didn't work properly.
Try changing 1ED0F6 to 000. This may switch off dpf.

bursuc
1st November, 2013, 12:09 PM
@ Diagnosticated : it seems some of dk members are becoming more friendly and helpfuly when is a matter of DPF :)

Nice to share info with DK members m8 ;)

ACDC
5th November, 2013, 09:06 AM
1. Did you make checksum before writing?
2. This ECU haven't TP, you can R/W by OBD. I don't know if MPPS work good on this ECU.
3. Ecusafe probably don't work on this EDC17.

1. Tried to checksum with mpps's program, but it kept saying there's no checksum...
Yeah, well it's either mpps is not good with this ecu or ecusafe isn't.

ominimicu
5th November, 2013, 03:01 PM
none of the 2 is good with that ecu.

ACDC
7th November, 2013, 08:40 AM
What is good for EDC17 then ominimicu, any suggestions?

ACDC
8th November, 2013, 03:37 PM
Tried what Diagnosticated suggested, still no joy. MPPS stops at around 70% with the modded content, then I have to reload the original one for the ecu to work again. Ok, now I'm guessing it must be the cheksum...it's not valid, and the ecu won't let you load the data into it without a valid checksum....so now I need a way to calculate it....anyone?

ominimicu
8th November, 2013, 03:46 PM
checksum and RSa and compatiblity test in wonols
i recpomend doing it via boot mode..

ACDC
10th November, 2013, 03:37 PM
Can someone who has winols checksum my modified bin (in attachment)?
Thanks in advance.

ACDC
11th November, 2013, 04:10 PM
Tried to cheksum with winols 1.7, but not convinced if it worked...mpps still can't program. I'll try again via bdm

LaraVAG
12th November, 2013, 03:38 PM
If you calculate chcecksum in WinOLS car will dont start! Second - one switch in EDC!7 usualy don't working, after some distance you will have regeneration, or dtc from temp sensor, its not so easy.

ACDC
15th November, 2013, 04:23 PM
Well the customer left the car here so I've got some time...now I'm waiting for my galletto to arrive...going to try with that instead, hopefully with more luck :)
LaraVAG: I had a feeling changing a 01 to 00 will not help much XD I usually rely on ECUSafe to mod the data. Haven't had any problems with it so far.

AlexandruP
15th November, 2013, 07:41 PM
Ecusafe mostly works on edc15 for all others its not doing correctly!

ACDC
26th November, 2013, 09:56 PM
Update: got my new fgtech galletto v53, reads and writes the ecu in boot mode like a charm. Tried to tune it with ecusafe...car goes fine for a while then engine shuts down for good, won't restart unless you take off the battery and then back...so yeah, definitely no joy with ecusafe. No time for more experimenting now though, been taken off my hands. So thread closed...