PDA

View Full Version : How good is MGS 4 ?! Anyone completed it ?

Raven
13th May, 2009, 07:13 PM
Best final act and ending ever! Just awesome.....has to be seen to be believed....the fight with Liquid, the graveyard scene....is there a suicide ? hehe it's just a brilliant end to a fantastic game! 10/10 from me.

dazza78
20th May, 2009, 12:38 PM
Best final act and ending ever! Just awesome.....has to be seen to be believed....the fight with Liquid, the graveyard scene....is there a suicide ? hehe it's just a brilliant end to a fantastic game! 10/10 from me.

amazeing game m8 ive played it twice just so i can do the fight scene again at the end , amazeing game , bit too many videos but quality

kdonnelly88
23rd May, 2009, 07:15 PM
All the games in the mgs series are excellent but getting to pilot the metal gear rex has got to be the best thing ever.

Raven
31st May, 2009, 12:02 PM
I'm on my second play through now and I still noticed a couple of new things that are not mentioned in any of the downloadable ipod podcasts by the way....in the communications tower snowfield after the Crying Wolf fight, instead of going straight ahead into the open door and on into the blast furnace (love the bit where Otacon says time to change the disc - oh we're on PS3 it's blu ray no need - then snakes like dammit Otacon, get a grip lol)...anyway instead of going straight ahead if you take a left and search around the bottom of the tower you get a voice flashback from the first MGS game where Otacon and Snake are in the snowfield after Sniper Wolf's death where Otacon asks Snake what they are bothering to fight for ?

Also if you instead take a right and search around the corner instead of going straight ahead into the blast furnace...you get to see where Liquid's Hind D gunship crash landed in the first game aswell as a voice flashback from the first MGS game where you cause his gunship to crash....this game is just excellent, no other word for it....if you can stomach a few cutscenes that tend to drag.

jeevsdbest
14th July, 2009, 01:00 PM
Brilliant game. Always way ahead of it's time. Unlike most people I'm a big fan of the ridiculously long videos! 10/10:congrats:

Raven
16th July, 2009, 09:53 PM
There's certainly something to be said of a game like this, a game that not only looks and sounds good but dares to take it's time with the video scenes, there's really no other game like it for better or worse....and there's not too many games that can compete with this in terms of quality story scenes etc, in fact MGS typically makes other action or stealth games storylines and video scenes look ameturish and anyone that says otherwise hasn't really played an MGS game properly, the voice acting in particular and then the animations in MGS games have always been above and beyond anything else....

However this time though I think Uncharted is just as good with it's voice acting and animations if not better due to maybe slightly better voice acting by virtue of characters being more human and realistc and the voice actors giving much more naturalistic performances. Two totally different styles between the two games obviously, but both work tremendously well in my honest opinion - and on first experience left me awestruck. Counting the days to Uncharted 2! ;)

It's all good for the PS3, when you think about it and look at the situation as is - plenty of top quality exclusives available and more on the way being regularly released, aswell as a totally free online service that works too, wireless internet connectivity and internet browser ontop of linux operating system support right out of the box with no extra outlay required for any extra peripherals that don't come with, it's all there right out of the box ready to use - and up until now I haven't even mentioned the fact that it's a self sufficient blu ray player by default....come on now nobody can sniff at that lot to be fair, and the ones that do are idiots for doing it. Or jealous as I'm fairly sure that these are all things that the 360 either doesn't have or does require extra money to be paid after the fact to get them functional. And yet some people say Sony are penny pinching c***s without making mention of Microsoft lol.

The console is expensive, but it's worth every penny and you quite simply do get what you pay for. Simple as. These Americans that moan about the price of PS3's really do my head in, as it's got nothing to do with those persons lack of money in reality when you think about it. I'm often totally skint and even I managed to buy a PS3 - twice! Try telling them that though it's like talking to a brick wall. Then the fanboy bollocks starts before anyone can say "console war"....it's just a case of looking at the big picture, and the big picture is that you get what you pay for with this console, but a price cut is bound to happen sooner or later. But speaking of the PS3 has anyone seen the supposed PS3 Slim pics floating around the net ? Regardless of if it's real or not, am I the only one that thinks that the design shown is completely dog ugly ? My god it mings.

Herbie53
19th September, 2009, 10:16 PM
Quality game,

Hope theres more in the series.

Raven
19th September, 2009, 11:20 PM
There is, but none that are directed by Kojima or featuring Solid Snake as the main character - plus the next one is multi platform and features Raiden as the main character I think, so there's no telling at this point how good or bad it will turn out but it is a new beginning for the MGS franchise, either that or this one's got "meh!" written all over it.....the game I'm referring to is of course Metal Gear Solid Rising.

Kojima's going to be overseeing this one and acting basically as a consultant but he isn't directing the creation of the game anymore he is moving on to other things....as for the Snake deal, well anyone that's played MGS4 knows that his story's resolved. In more ways than one I think MGS 4 was both a celebration and a goobye kiss for the MGS games as we know them....that's why MGS Rising is impossible to second guess at this point because they can do anything they want with the frachise at this point, including turning it into an FPS lol....the only thing this game's got in common with previous MGS games is certain characters and the name.

angela26
29th September, 2009, 07:11 PM
its gotta be the most intense / exciting story mode. just when you think its over it keeps getting better and better, my favourite story mode game ever

gfunk
6th October, 2009, 11:06 PM
only game that has ever keeped me playin 10/10

i usaully get bored easily from games but mgs was the best :D