PDA

View Full Version : 3 usb wifi dongle FREE pay and go :)

Pages : [1] 2

jayjayuk
13th May, 2009, 07:13 PM
a friend told me about this

Welcome to 3 Dongle 4 Free (http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/)

just pay ?4.95 for delivery

he has had his!!!

jayjayuk
14th May, 2009, 11:21 PM
get it unlocked.....

buy an 02 iphone sim

top up with ?10

free net for a year :)

ideal when ur vm has turned off

daz24c
14th May, 2009, 11:58 PM
how do u unlock them?

dj_factor
7th June, 2009, 10:34 PM
yep, i got to get it unlocked too

krazylegz
7th June, 2009, 11:26 PM
thanks jayjay:)

this will save me keep taking out my vodafone dongle and inserting either t-mobile or 3 into it :)

mikie64
8th June, 2009, 09:57 AM
hi can you help me to,,thanks guys..

andycast
13th June, 2009, 06:46 PM
get it unlocked.....

buy an 02 iphone sim

top up with ?10

Great find jayjayuk, do you have any more information on free net access for a year n how hard is it to unlock Thanks

Did anyone notice if their payment page was encryted i didnt see the usual lock in the address bar.i could do with a new dongle I paid 50 for mine from woolies and now its playing up

:hahaha:

dasteph
20th June, 2009, 05:10 PM
has anybody on here ordered a free dongle in the last few days if so how long before you get an email reply with a redemption code.

krazylegz
20th June, 2009, 05:19 PM
i got my code straight away and received dongle after 2 or 3 days

bigfella
20th June, 2009, 08:41 PM
i got my code straight away and received dongle after 2 or 3 days

i tried and got no code3 .looked into and saw the offer ended 29 may......<<<<<<< ignore this .................................................. .............................many apolgies to u all...i got the wrong infro ...had to phone for code n have sent for dongle..so it is still valid

krazylegz
21st June, 2009, 01:59 AM
it was still going after 29th may as i done it on the 7th june and received mine ok

Dreamer
21st June, 2009, 03:44 AM
the offer is still valid but for some reason they have stopped emailing the code to people. Someone else I spoke to said they had to phone them up for a code as they didn't get an email.

cunny
22nd June, 2009, 10:54 AM
Just ordered mine and got the code right away.

Has anyone got any information on how to unlock these?

MetalKettle
22nd June, 2009, 11:13 AM
Just ordered mine and got the code right away.

Has anyone got any information on how to unlock these?

What does the code do?

cunny
22nd June, 2009, 11:16 AM
gives you the dongle for free, just pay 4.95 for it, looking into how you get them unlocked now

MetalKettle
22nd June, 2009, 11:21 AM
gives you the dongle for free, just pay 4.95 for it, looking into how you get them unlocked now

Does anyone know what type of dongle it is. I can probably find out for you ;)

cunny
22nd June, 2009, 11:24 AM
think we need as much info as pos, i just ordered mine so when it arrives i will know more.

we also need to know how we get this free internet from it too.

MetalKettle
22nd June, 2009, 11:40 AM
think we need as much info as pos, i just ordered mine so when it arrives i will know more.

we also need to know how we get this free internet from it too.

OK just ordered.

The code came the split second a clicked submit, so its defo still working.

OK model is ZTE MF627

Have been given this link.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/235523732/ZTE2.rar.html)

The instructions will tell you how to reflash* the firmware on your dongle so that it can be used on any network worldwide. .

The reflash takes about 25 minutes, and make sure your PC does not lose power during the process as it could potential brick your dongle.

* I take no responsibility if you decide to reflash it is your responsibility.

You then need one of these...

O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card - FREE INTERNET AND WIFI on eBay (end time 24-Jun-09 11:38:57 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/O2-iPhone-3G-Pay-Go-Sim-Card-FREE-INTERNET-AND-WIFI_W0QQitemZ170336621792QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mo bile_Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV?hash=item27a8da94e0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1690%7C 240%3A1308%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50)

Just top up with ?10 and you will get free Web and Wifi for 12 Months

No need to top up every month just one top up of ?10 is enough

dasteph
22nd June, 2009, 12:02 PM
What does the code do?

saves you money only pay shipping.

MetalKettle
22nd June, 2009, 12:03 PM
saves you money only pay shipping.

I know now :roflmao:

berley
22nd June, 2009, 12:05 PM
i unlocked mine using this unlocker

http://www.4shared.com/file/108615604/2f767800/ZTE_MF627_UNLOCKERpart1.html

this is the username and password settings for the iphone sim

works a treat :)

MetalKettle
22nd June, 2009, 12:07 PM

Think its the same one berlz. :)

dasteph
22nd June, 2009, 12:21 PM
I know now :roflmao:

ok at my age you were a bit quicker than me.

cunny
22nd June, 2009, 12:54 PM
i think it is also zte627 so will be trying this out pretty soon

daz24c
22nd June, 2009, 01:37 PM

wen i have tried using the settings in ur pic i get this error

A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed. For further assistance, click More Info or search Help and Support Center for this error number.

does ne1 else?

bigfella
22nd June, 2009, 04:59 PM

it says in the instructions.. if u run vista dont try this only works on x p.......does this mean u can only flash the dongle on x p or does it mean u can only run the flashed dongle on x p as well and if u have vista u cant use the flashed dongle on it,i have a old comp that s runs on x p that i can flash it with but i want to use it on my lappy that runs on vista ,if any one kno s cud they let me kno many thanks
. basically wat i want to kno is...once u have flashed the dongle ..can u then use it on a lappy which uses vista

dasteph
22nd June, 2009, 05:32 PM
it says in the instructions.. if u run vista dont try this only works on x p.......does this mean u can only flash the dongle on x p or does it mean u can only run the flashed dongle on x p as well and if u have vista u cant use the flashed dongle on it,i have a old comp that s runs on x p that i can flash it with but i want to use it on my lappy that runs on vista ,if any one kno s cud they let me kno many thanks
. basically wat i want to kno is...once u have flashed the dongle ..can u then use it on a lappy which uses vista

flash it xp only and yes to connect to the net use your lappy.

bigfella
23rd June, 2009, 11:04 AM
as anyone got this to work n wat kind of speed r u gettin ???and how stable is it

MetalKettle
23rd June, 2009, 11:07 AM
as anyone got this to work n wat kind of speed r u gettin ???and how stable is it

Depends on the area m8 and coverage, if you get GPRS, EDGE, 3g or HDSPA.

Both 3 and o2 have a coverage map on their site, so you can estimate from that.

opsmonkey
24th June, 2009, 03:03 AM

is the blanked out password (********) payandgo ???

tempo123
24th June, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi guys, could someone tell me if I am doing this right please:
I ordered the 3-dongle and I went down to my local O2 shop and bought an 3g iphone sim card.....my problem is that the guy at the shop told me that the sim card is free and to have it I just have to top up 10pounds on it....that is what I have done.....so now do I have the free web and wifi or do I have to top up another 10pounds?
Second: do i have to active the sim card by putting it inside an iphone first?....that will it be a problem because i dont own one....
Any help would be very much appreciate!many tahnks

dasteph
24th June, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hi guys, could someone tell me if I am doing this right please:
I ordered the 3-dongle and I went down to my local O2 shop and bought an 3g iphone sim card.....my problem is that the guy at the shop told me that the sim card is free and to have it I just have to top up 10pounds on it....that is what I have done.....so now do I have the free web and wifi or do I have to top up another 10pounds?
Second: do i have to active the sim card by putting it inside an iphone first?....that will it be a problem because i dont own one....
Any help would be very much appreciate!many tahnks

all you need is a 3g sim and once it is topped up it is activated as far as i know, if not the link will take you the o2 activation page.
https://activatemysim.o2.co.uk/activateSim.do

cunny
25th June, 2009, 08:35 PM
Well sim and dongle arrived today, only thing is, can only flash under windows XP and i am on 7.....pmsl but i got everything so all good.

maca
25th June, 2009, 08:37 PM
hopeing mine comes tomorrow with luck

cunny
25th June, 2009, 09:02 PM
well i am flashing mine now under windows 7 (compatable settings mode) so fingers crossed.

MetalKettle
26th June, 2009, 08:07 AM
well i am flashing mine now under windows 7 (compatable settings mode) so fingers crossed.

All my stuff came yesterday.... all flashed and up and running in half an hour. :D

dasteph
26th June, 2009, 07:39 PM
in twelve months time when your free internet expires do we simply get a new o2 card and carry on or do you only get one one free period.

Dreamer
26th June, 2009, 10:53 PM
in twelve months time when your free internet expires do we simply get a new o2 card and carry on or do you only get one one free period.

If you have a new sim and the offer is still available then it looks like it is gonna continue. I would imagine it is an introductory offer and "due to change" but hey you never know lets see what happens in 12 months time

bigfella
27th June, 2009, 02:25 AM
If you have a new sim and the offer is still available then it looks like it is gonna continue. I would imagine it is an introductory offer and "due to change" but hey you never know lets see what happens in 12 months time

finally got mine to work ,i m well chuffed cos im the not the quickest with computers ......flashed dongle on a old computer that runs on x p and it took 30 mins to download.....tried to configure it but couldnt get it to work with telstra connection manager as reccommended so put it on my lappy which runs on vista and run.. run file ex and globe connection manager came up n connected it with that and used automatically a p n instead of puttin payand go as shown in the thumbnail in the previous threads ....and whaaaooo it s seems to be workin good ,here s hopin the changes i ve made to get it up n runnin doesnt affect it too much n i get the years wireless out of it ...thank s for everyone help in this thread,,,it s much appreciated and it s the people who contribute and share their knowledge (so that even comp divs like me can have a go) that makes this site soo good ,,thank you:congrats::congrats::congrats:

berley
27th June, 2009, 07:20 AM
is the blanked out password (********) payandgo ???

yea its payandgo (soz for late reply, only just seen this)

bigfella
27th June, 2009, 05:41 PM
hy i was wonderin if this was unlimited internet access??/....

krazylegz
27th June, 2009, 05:44 PM
you need an o2 iphone sim for the unlimited internet access, this is just a dongle

yorkslad
27th June, 2009, 07:11 PM
got all my bits today and got it working within 25 mins, THANKS great post

opsmonkey
27th June, 2009, 10:47 PM
me 2.. big thanks to all the people who made it possible..

jayjayuk
MetalKettle
berley

maca
27th June, 2009, 10:49 PM
mine came today going to sort it tomorrow. big up to all who made it possible..maca..

tempo123
28th June, 2009, 08:16 AM
HI guys...I did mine this morning and here we are online for a year!great!fantastic!Thank you all to share this!
Can I ask something: is it too good to be true?There must be something else under there....

maca
29th June, 2009, 01:23 PM
got mine the weekend. all working.. thanks very mutch peeps..maca.

victor1
29th June, 2009, 04:52 PM
Got this working on a three e220 dongle (unblocked) and using the O2 I-sim posted earlier in the thread, would like to say a big thank you to all those who have contributed to this thread, ~~~~in genius, cheers:congrats:

Bulld0g
30th June, 2009, 05:01 PM
Got my dongle today. put it in pc running xp sp3 installed drivers. clicked on flashupdate and get a message "source file path error" WTF lol
Any idea what i'm doing wrong

dasteph
1st July, 2009, 08:38 AM
Got my dongle today. put it in pc running xp sp3 installed drivers. clicked on flashupdate and get a message "source file path error" WTF lol
Any idea what i'm doing wrong

as well as the drivers did you install the connection manager that is loaded on the dongle before you tried flashing?

Bulld0g
1st July, 2009, 12:37 PM
Yea done that m8. got it working by putting xp on lappy. Though ive seen loads of posts of people flashing succesfully under windows 7.

cunny
1st July, 2009, 01:36 PM
Forgot to mention last night that i ran the flash program under win xp sp2 settings under win 7:

Right click on exe of prog.
Went to check compatability or something along those lines, it checks what version of windows it was made for, then will change settings for it.
20 mins later it was flashed.

Sorry bulldog mate forgot to mention that.

sgerrard
1st July, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hi (great forum!) i just found this website today and ive been hooked and reading all day!!

i have ordered the 3 dongle, but the link (on page 2) for the o2 simcard, from fleebay, has expired...

i have done a search on ebay but it brings up so many different o2 simcards all for different prices?!

can anybody point me in the right direction please?

how much did you guys pay for your simcards?

thanks....

maca
1st July, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hi (great forum!) i just found this website today and ive been hooked and reading all day!!

i have ordered the 3 dongle, but the link (on page 2) for the o2 simcard, from fleebay, has expired...

i have done a search on ebay but it brings up so many different o2 simcards all for different prices?!

thanks....just go into any o2 shop and ask for a pay and go 3g sim for a i phone. these are freee, then top up ?10 and thats it ..maca..

sgerrard
1st July, 2009, 03:25 PM
just go into any o2 shop and ask for a pay and go 3g sim for a i phone. these are freee, then top up ?10 and thats it ..maca..

thanks mate, but the nearest shop is miles away from me, and i wouldnt be able to go until atleast next week....

id rather get this done asap!

some of the sim cards are ?2 on ebay and some are ?5.99 and now your telling me that they are free from the o2 shop?!....

very confusing lol

mikie64
1st July, 2009, 05:43 PM
hi all ..has anyone flash a e156g..if yes can you link me....thanks....

Bulld0g
1st July, 2009, 06:46 PM
thanks mate, but the nearest shop is miles away from me, and i wouldnt be able to go until atleast next week....

some of the sim cards are ?2 on ebay and some are ?5.99 and now your telling me that they are free from the o2 shop?!....

very confusing lol

Yes m8 they are free from the shop. just top up with a tenner when you get it :)

Bulld0g
1st July, 2009, 06:48 PM
Forgot to mention last night that i ran the flash program under win xp sp2 settings under win 7:

Right click on exe of prog.
Went to check compatability or something along those lines, it checks what version of windows it was made for, then will change settings for it.
20 mins later it was flashed.

Sorry bulldog mate forgot to mention that.

It's ok m8.I was gonna flash it in compatability mode but had an acronis backup image of xp sp3 for my lappy so i put that on and flashed it with no probs.

bigfella
1st July, 2009, 08:39 PM

very confusing lol

m8 even if u buy one off e bay u still need to go to the o2 shop to top it up with the tenner to activate the sim card so u might as s well just get a free one from the shop top it up (which as i ve said activtes it ) and away u go

opsmonkey
1st July, 2009, 09:26 PM
m8 even if u buy one off e bay u still need to go to the o2 shop to top it up with the tenner to activate the sim card so u might as s well just get a free one from the shop top it up (which as i ve said activtes it ) and away u go

wrong mate im afraid.. you can buy the one from eBay then top up online at o2.co.uk..

This activates your sim and sets everything up..

maca
1st July, 2009, 09:27 PM
wrong mate im afraid.. you can buy the one from eBay then top up online at o2.co.uk..

This activates your sim and sets everything up..
ooow get on you lol..bu..t you are right m8

opsmonkey
1st July, 2009, 09:43 PM

that wasnt hardfaced was it..??? wasnt meant to be lol

maca
1st July, 2009, 09:44 PM
that wasnt hardfaced was it..??? wasnt meant to be lol
no m8 just me having a laugh .. sorry..lol

victor1
2nd July, 2009, 09:09 AM

thanks....

I got mine from here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/O2-iPhone-3G-Pay-Go-Sim-Card-FREE-INTERNET-AND-WIFI_W0QQitemZ360165158580QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mo bile_Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV?hash=item53db842eb4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|240%3A13 08|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50) though he only charged me ?3.99 a few days ago:eek:

MetalKettle
2nd July, 2009, 09:12 AM

I just topped mine up over the phone with a debit card

sgerrard
3rd July, 2009, 10:53 AM
I got mine from here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/O2-iPhone-3G-Pay-Go-Sim-Card-FREE-INTERNET-AND-WIFI_W0QQitemZ360165158580QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mo bile_Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV?hash=item53db842eb4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|240%3A13 08|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50) though he only charged me ?3.99 a few days ago:eek:

Thanks, he is charging ?5.99 now!....

i have decided to make the long journey into town today and get one from the o2 shop itself...

people are saying it is free, if you top up ?10 on it, but wont they ask for an iphone to put it into? or the imei number etc etc

sgerrard
3rd July, 2009, 03:46 PM
Just got back from visiting 2 different o2 stores....

one said they had no "hand me down" sim cards left in stock.

The other said it is not possibile to buy an iphone pay & go simcard without an iphone becuase "if we sold you just the simcard you could then have internet access for a year for free!"

thats what they said, dont think they knew about the dongle unlocking trick, but they knew that if they just gave me a pay & go simcard without me buying an iphone i would have internet free for a year....

are we sure the ebay ones will work though?...

dasteph
3rd July, 2009, 05:37 PM
Just got back from visiting 2 different o2 stores....

one said they had no "hand me down" sim cards left in stock.

The other said it is not possibile to buy an iphone pay & go simcard without an iphone becuase "if we sold you just the simcard you could then have internet access for a year for free!"

thats what they said, dont think they knew about the dongle unlocking trick, but they knew that if they just gave me a pay & go simcard without me buying an iphone i would have internet free for a year....

i got my card from o2 shop, told the girl i wanted a sim for an iphone she assumed someone had given me an older iphone as i said i wanted a payt sim she got me a ordinary sim topped it there and then, and then rang to have the card activated and also told them it was for an iphone they changed some settings there end. i put the card in the dongle with the settings in the connection manager for an iphone on the pc and connected to the net works ok.

opsmonkey
3rd July, 2009, 06:27 PM

they work fine.. You just need to top up online at o2.co.uk with a credit / debit card and the sim is activated..

victor1
3rd July, 2009, 07:43 PM
by the way here are the details I put in for the O2:
Iphone

*99***1#

payandgo

payandgo

;)

bigfella
3rd July, 2009, 08:48 PM
[quote=opsmonkey;222190]wrong mate im afraid.. you can buy the one from eBay then top up online at o2.co.uk..

T
his activates your sim and sets everything up..[/quote

sorry to hear u had difficulties gettin a free sim from the o2 shop....and thanks opsmonkey for lettin us kno u can top up n activte online

sgerrard
3rd July, 2009, 10:42 PM
[quote=opsmonkey;222190]wrong mate im afraid.. you can buy the one from eBay then top up online at o2.co.uk..

T
his activates your sim and sets everything up..[/quote

sorry to hear u had difficulties gettin a free sim from the o2 shop....and thanks opsmonkey for lettin us kno u can top up n activte online

no problem mate, i found one for ?3.50 on fleebay, so if anybody wants the seller id let me know...

-Hox-
7th July, 2009, 08:17 PM
Just ordered mine... I'm looking forward to this!!

Seriously, you guys are spot on. I take my hat off to all who contribute!

:congrats:

stan7632
8th July, 2009, 02:00 PM
I have an o2 payandgo dongle, Just got the iphone sim and tried it. Won't connect. I understand there may be settings to change but how do I do that and what are the new settings. When I go into profiles and try to edit the setting, they appear greyed out so can't be changed.
Everything works as it should with the payandgo sim that came with the dongle so I figure it must be a sim problem.
Cheers in advance
Stan

-Hox-
8th July, 2009, 02:45 PM
I have an o2 payandgo dongle, Just got the iphone sim and tried it. Won't connect. I understand there may be settings to change but how do I do that and what are the new settings. When I go into profiles and try to edit the setting, they appear greyed out so can't be changed.
Everything works as it should with the payandgo sim that came with the dongle so I figure it must be a sim problem.
Cheers in advance
Stan

Did you activate the sim? You need to stick credit on there for it to become active.

MetalKettle
8th July, 2009, 02:46 PM
Cheers in advance
Stan

You should be able to "add" a new profile and make it the default for the o2 connection manager to use. The settings are found earlier on in the thread, posted by berley.

stan7632
8th July, 2009, 05:26 PM
Did you activate the sim? You need to stick credit on there for it to become active.

Yes it is topped up with ?10.
I will try the Add New to see how I do. Cheers for reply
Stan

stan7632
8th July, 2009, 05:37 PM
You should be able to "add" a new profile and make it the default for the o2 connection manager to use. The settings are found earlier on in the thread, posted by berley.

Thanks for advice. It has worked.
Stan

stan7632
11th July, 2009, 05:22 PM
The 3dongle for free has gone up. Its now ?9.99 but still a reasonable deal...

ces
12th July, 2009, 07:36 PM
just orded mine...will these work outside the uk??

ces

stan7632
12th July, 2009, 07:58 PM
No Fraid Knot

ces
12th July, 2009, 08:05 PM
thats a shame i am am visiting friends in valencia in sept & they ahve no broadband there at all, well they are still on the dial up...10 yr behind us...does any1 know of anything else that may work out there....

ces

dasteph
13th July, 2009, 08:51 AM
just orded mine...will these work outside the uk??

ces

the dongle should work outside the uk as it uses mobile phone providers but you will have change some settings and may be a differant sim it will also probally be quite expensive every time you use it to connect to the net.

ces
13th July, 2009, 09:09 AM
the expense shouldnt matter as it should be free once you have your ?10 credit...what other sim would i need as I thought if you can access the internet via mobile phone any where you have a signel then this should be viable

ces

MetalKettle
13th July, 2009, 09:41 AM
the expense shouldnt matter as it should be free once you have your ?10 credit...what other sim would i need as I thought if you can access the internet via mobile phone any where you have a signel then this should be viable

ces

You probably could use the o2 sim abroad if you active roaming, but i should imagine the expence to be quite high. It is worth noting that the free internet with an iPhone sim does not apply whilst roaming.

dasteph
13th July, 2009, 09:49 AM

ces

follow the link it will give you info on using your dongle abroad as to charges etc.

Will I be able to use my mobile broadband account abroad? - Mobile Broadband Help (http://mobile.broadbandgenie.co.uk/help/will-i-be-able-to-use-my-mobile-broadband-account)

ces
13th July, 2009, 10:55 AM
Ok thanks for the replies, but if the dongle can be unlocked then surely it can be used to access the internet via a spanish sim in the same way.... do we have a spanish members here that might be able to help me out

ces

dasteph
13th July, 2009, 11:18 AM
Ok thanks for the replies, but if the dongle can be unlocked then surely it can be used to access the internet via a spanish sim in the same way.... do we have a spanish members here that might be able to help me out

ces

try movistar which is a spanish mobile provider.

ces
13th July, 2009, 12:07 PM
ok I have found this site h**p://www.spainsim.com/siminfo/movistar/more.htm does this mean that a movietsar sim will work as its linked to O2 mobile as well as others

ces

dasteph
13th July, 2009, 01:42 PM
ok I have found this site h**p://www.spainsim.com/siminfo/movistar/more.htm does this mean that a movietsar sim will work as its linked to O2 mobile as well as others

ces

when you take a uk sim abroad it usually connects with a provider that your uk provider will use so that you can make calls in effect you are using 2 networks.

if you get a movistar sim when you are in spain you will only use their network what the cost will be to use it for broadband and if you can you will have to find out but it should be cheaper as you will not be paying roaming charges.

silver_haze76
13th July, 2009, 11:30 PM
what's the username and password settings for the iphone sim

MetalKettle
14th July, 2009, 07:41 AM
what's the username and password settings for the iphone sim

payandgo
password

xant14
14th July, 2009, 07:48 AM
thats a shame i am am visiting friends in valencia in sept & they ahve no broadband there at all, well they are still on the dial up...10 yr behind us...does any1 know of anything else that may work out there....

ces

try fon.com the website. I have been tempted to sign up with them.
Basically you buy a wireless router which you share in your home with others. In return you get wifi access all over the world. Probably you'll not be able to surf from the comfort of your room, but you can search the map to find a hotspot and do your essential surfing.

tempo123
14th July, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hi guy I have done mine a few weeks ago and all ok so far so good!!My question is :a friend of mine already has a O2 dongle and he is paying 1 pound a day for serfing the net... Can He go and buy a iphone sim card top up with a tenner and put it in his dongle?Does he need a special software or this is a trick that work with the telsra software that we use on the 3dongle?Many thanks

pjam10
14th July, 2009, 01:04 PM

Hi

Any luck with getting the dongle unlocked,just ordered mine went through fine. just worried about getting unlocked now as it doesn't seem easy to do.
Any help would be great

dasteph
14th July, 2009, 01:07 PM
Hi guy I have done mine a few weeks ago and all ok so far so good!!My question is :a friend of mine already has a O2 dongle and he is paying 1 pound a day for serfing the net... Can He go and buy a iphone sim card top up with a tenner and put it in his dongle?Does he need a special software or this is a trick that work with the telsra software that we use on the 3dongle?Many thanks

he could try it with an iphone sim and change the settings in the connection manager as posted earlier in this thread.

dasteph
14th July, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hi

Any luck with getting the dongle unlocked,just ordered mine went through fine. just worried about getting unlocked now as it doesn't seem easy to do.
Any help would be great

all information as to unlock posted earlier in this thread.

ces
14th July, 2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all ya help folks...much appreciated

ces

pjam10
15th July, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks Guy's I''l check it out

sgerrard
15th July, 2009, 05:15 PM
finally got this working, been busy, so much thanks to everyone on here!

probably one of the best forums on the internet this one!

cheers guys

bigfella
15th July, 2009, 07:39 PM
hi got mine workin with globe visibilty connection manager instead of telsar connection manager ...will this make any differenceto the length of time i can the free broadband??many thanks in advance

dasteph
15th July, 2009, 08:24 PM
hi got mine workin with globe visibilty connection manager instead of telsar connection manager ...will this make any differenceto the length of time i can the free broadband??many thanks in advance

not really more to do with free internet using the iphone sim than the connection manager.

qbusiu
17th July, 2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks for advice. I''l check it out and all Ok

juanali
17th July, 2009, 12:02 PM
Gentlemen, Ladies

Anyone recommend where I can get the 02 iPHONE SIM from??

I went to my local O2 store and they said there is no such thing!!!:hmmmm2:

Bulld0g
17th July, 2009, 12:18 PM
I got mine from the 02 shop. The card is free i topped up with a tenner. Ask for a 3g iphone simcard m8

dasteph
17th July, 2009, 12:29 PM
i got my card from o2 shop, told the girl i wanted a sim for an iphone she assumed someone had given me an older iphone as i said i wanted a payt sim she got me a ordinary sim topped it there and then, and then rang to have the card activated and also told them it was for an iphone they changed some settings there end. i put the card in the dongle with the settings in the connection manager for an iphone on the pc and connected to the net works ok.

juanali
17th July, 2009, 12:41 PM
I got mine from the 02 shop. The card is free i topped up with a tenner. Ask for a 3g iphone simcard m8

Thanks mate, Ill try again.

juanali
17th July, 2009, 12:45 PM

Cheers for the info mate.

sgerrard
17th July, 2009, 05:58 PM
I had the same problem as you mate, one shop said they had no "hand me down" simcards left...

the other store said "by giving you a iphone simcard mate, you'll have the internet free for a year!".....

i just bought one from ebay in the end, was ?3.50, if you have no luck at your local stores, let me know and i'll give you the sellers id

-Hox-
17th July, 2009, 08:23 PM
Just ordered mine... I'm looking forward to this!!

Seriously, you guys are spot on. I take my hat off to all who contribute!

:congrats:

Went on holiday before the stuff was delivered, but everything was waiting for me today! Everything set up fine, and surfing with it now!

Nice one guys, spot on!

thelace
17th July, 2009, 10:31 PM
hey guys im struggling with this. this is what i have entered after reflashing and installing telstra.(i have also tried with globe)

my settings are:-

name- o2
dial- *99#
user- payandgo
pass- password
APN- mobile.o2.co.uk

preferred DNS- 193.113.200.195
alt DNS- 193.113.200.195

cant seem to get connected to the internet with this. usually get server messages with errors.
im usually good with things like this but am now getting frustrated.

please help. i have the i phone pay and go sim and have the text to confirm the bolt on after top up.

dasteph
18th July, 2009, 09:44 AM
hey guys im struggling with this. this is what i have entered after reflashing and installing telstra.(i have also tried with globe)

my settings are:-

name- o2
dial- *99#
user- payandgo
pass- password
APN- mobile.o2.co.uk

preferred DNS- 193.113.200.195
alt DNS- 193.113.200.195

cant seem to get connected to the internet with this. usually get server messages with errors.
im usually good with things like this but am now getting frustrated.

please help. i have the i phone pay and go sim and have the text to confirm the bolt on after top up.

when you finished putting the settings in did you make sure it was your default connection?

thelace
18th July, 2009, 09:51 AM
yes i made it the default connection.
just cant seem to see where im going wrong

dasteph
18th July, 2009, 10:30 AM
the settings i put in the connection manager seem to differ to those in yours mine are-

name-iphone

num- *99***1#

user name-payandgo

pass-password

apn-payandgo.o2.co.uk

with the other settings as stated.

-Hox-
18th July, 2009, 12:06 PM
I just set it up on a PC in my workshop, and all I did was name it iPhone (doesn't matter what you call it), and put the number as *99#, with the user and pass being "payandgo" - all other settings were on auto detect as normal - Works fine!

I don't know what the difference is, but the number I entered on my laptop was *99***1# - which also works fine?!

thelace
18th July, 2009, 04:46 PM
i tried the settings from hox first with the *99***1# dial number which said i was connected but wouldnt let me open any web pages but then changed the dial number to *99# and this now works. very slow though i must say. have used mobile broadband before and was much quicker. possibly just the signal.
one last thing though. my modem is flashing red led. it states this is active data transfer in roaming status.
would this be because of poor signal as i notice the blue led refers to the 3g connection. sorry if this all sounds a little thick.
but top marks to all the brains behind this scheme

Chadder
19th July, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hello Everyone

Thanks for the info, very helpful indeed, must say mine works a treat and the speeds are not that bad either .

Somebody
20th July, 2009, 02:06 PM

Hi, newby here

I went to an O2 shop and they gave me a SIM described as "IPhone-pre SIM and Bolt on" on the receipt (Part number 5038262010890). I added ?10 top up to it at the shop. Is tis the right SIM? They said something about having to top it up ?10 every month in order to gain web access. Is this right?

Thanks in advance

0308966u
20th July, 2009, 09:45 PM
hehehe

thanks guys have just got this working!

hehehehe

dasteph
20th July, 2009, 10:02 PM
Hi, newby here

I went to an O2 shop and they gave me a SIM described as "IPhone-pre SIM and Bolt on" on the receipt (Part number 5038262010890). I added ?10 top up to it at the shop. Is tis the right SIM? They said something about having to top it up ?10 every month in order to gain web access. Is this right?

Thanks in advance

if its an iphone sim top up once 12 months free internet.

andy211081
21st July, 2009, 05:15 PM
I have the sim card but ordered the dongle but hasnt arrived, can i buy the dongle from anywhere else?

father ted
21st July, 2009, 05:26 PM
you can but it will cost you 30 odd quid

victor1
21st July, 2009, 10:03 PM
Mine has gone off today, hope its just a network problem but its not looking good :(

Somebody
21st July, 2009, 10:12 PM
Mine has gone off today, hope its just a network problem but its not looking good :(

Probably down to O2 network problem BBC NEWS | Technology | O2 UK data network suffers outage (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8161938.stm)

MadBob
21st July, 2009, 10:14 PM
Have to post to see the JPG on this thread for the settings. I have an o2 e160 unlocked and an iPhone PAYG sim topped up with ?10 but cannot get it to connect, I have a standard O2 and a Vodafone that I can connect so trawling the web to try different settings.

victor1
22nd July, 2009, 09:36 PM
Can report all working again as suspected it was a network issue :D

andy211081
23rd July, 2009, 11:43 AM
I am another satisfied user...thanx for everyone

carbandit
23rd July, 2009, 04:11 PM
hello guys having a nitemare here trying to get this up and running...i have a huawei e220 dongle unlocked /iphone sim from ebay /installed telstra and put in settings and set to default still no joy ??? the 10 -pounds have been top up .

the dongle was on vodafone and everytime you usb it the vodafone software install so i think this may be a problem or are they any other connection managers to try thanks

dasteph
23rd July, 2009, 04:26 PM
hello guys having a nitemare here trying to get this up and running...i have a huawei e220 dongle unlocked /iphone sim from ebay /installed telstra and put in settings and set to default still no joy ??? the 10 -pounds have been top up .

the dongle was on vodafone and everytime you usb it the vodafone software install so i think this may be a problem or are they any other connection managers to try thanks

the dongles in this thread refer to 3 mobile which were flashed to remove software and unlock them, you may have to do the same or try and remove the vodaphone connection manager also are you using the settings as set out earlier in this thread as sometimes these seam to lead to confusion.

just a thought have you tried the settings in the vodaphone connection manager as its only a piece software also only install one manager.

carbandit
23rd July, 2009, 04:44 PM
thanks for reply m8 i tried vodafone connection but it states you have to be on vodafone in a pop-up..regard unlock i got it done at local shop and it recognizes 02 when i put sim in so i assume it is unlocked... tried everything ..

sargent
23rd July, 2009, 11:00 PM
many thanks for your help.
bought a dongle, now unlocking it with your help!

kenmonu
24th July, 2009, 12:46 AM
does anyone know if this will work in ireland.

juanali
24th July, 2009, 03:21 PM
Help please.

Basically i have topped up the sim with ?10 credit.

Here are the settings which i have configured.

Config filename : 02
Dial number : *99***1#
Username : payandgo
password : payandgo

APN : payandgo.o2.co.uk

Preffered DNS : 193.113.200.195
Alternate DNS : 193.113.200.195

The problem i am having is that it is connecting and showing bit usage and time logged on, but when i try and open internet explorer or Firefox it comes up with page can not be displayed.

It also shows a blue light on the dongle when it is connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guyz.

jojoe
24th July, 2009, 05:35 PM
Hello, I am just after the JPG with the settings posted at the begining of this thread. I have an o2 e160 unlocked and an iPhone PAYG sim topped up with ?10 and am just after the settings, thanks jojoe

pjam10
25th July, 2009, 11:56 AM
Help please.

The problem i am having is that it is connecting and showing bit usage and time logged on, but when i try and open internet explorer or Firefox it comes up with page can not be displayed.

Thanks guyz.

Same here It says I'm connected but no web access ,Is this issue to do with web bolt on ??
Any help appreciated.

pjam10
25th July, 2009, 11:56 AM
Same here It says I'm connected but no web access ,Is this issue to do with web bolt on ??
Any help appreciated.

pjam10
26th July, 2009, 08:12 PM
Right got the web bolt on.... Telstra is saying I'm connected,but still cant open web pages.....Can't see where I'm going wrong....Anybody resolved this issue?
Thanks in advance

pjam10
26th July, 2009, 08:32 PM
Right got this resolved I tried everything and for me it only works if I check the find DNSserver automatically and ignore the recommended ip address....Still seems a little slow but WOW ?10 a year can't complain
Thanks Fellas

juanali
26th July, 2009, 08:32 PM
Any help appreciated.

Sorry mate but i am still having the same problem. I recieved a text message from o2 saying that the bolt has been activated, but still no joy.

If anyone can take a minute out and give us a hand, Im sure a few of us will appreciate it.

Thanks

pjam10
26th July, 2009, 08:33 PM
Help please.

Thanks guyz.
Check my last post it might help

juanali
26th July, 2009, 08:34 PM
Right got this resolved I tried everything and for me it only works if I check the find DNSserver automatically and ignore the recommended ip address....Still seems a little slow but WOW ?10 a year can't complain
Thanks Fellas

I have even tried this method but still no joy. I guess it will have to go straight in the bin. :)

Somebody
27th July, 2009, 10:55 AM
I got this to work.

Could someone confirm whether the dongle light should be flashing red when connected using the O2 iPhone SIM? Flashing red means roaming?

-Hox-
27th July, 2009, 06:14 PM
Help please.

Thanks guyz.

Try changing the dial number to *99#, keep the same user and password, but let the other settings be auto detected... works for me! The blue light reflects when you have good signal, it goes red when it's crap!

-Hox-
27th July, 2009, 06:17 PM
i tried the settings from hox first with the *99***1# dial number which said i was connected but wouldnt let me open any web pages but then changed the dial number to *99# and this now works. very slow though i must say. have used mobile broadband before and was much quicker. possibly just the signal.
one last thing though. my modem is flashing red led. it states this is active data transfer in roaming status.
would this be because of poor signal as i notice the blue led refers to the 3g connection. sorry if this all sounds a little thick.
but top marks to all the brains behind this scheme

The red light is when you've got crap signal mate, it goes blue when 3G hits - and it's actually fairly quick when that happens... well, perfect for browsing anyway, and I'm used to a 10mb cable line!

-Hox-
27th July, 2009, 06:18 PM
I got this to work.

Could someone confirm whether the dongle light should be flashing red when connected using the O2 iPhone SIM? Flashing red means roaming?

Red = Low signal
Blue = 3G

-Hox-
27th July, 2009, 06:23 PM
For anyone thinking about doing this - the price on the free dongle site has gone up to ?9.99 - but they chuck in some music downloads or something... which is nice of them...?! Ha! Offer ends on the 31st (Friday) though, so hurry along!

You could always look elsewhere for them, the model is ZTE MF627.

Still, between ?20 - 25 ain't bad for a years mobile internet! I'm getting one for the Mrs this week!

bigfella
27th July, 2009, 07:15 PM
hi i was just wonderin if everyone has the same prob has me ...everytime i logon the internet using this usb i have to make a new connection so that it says i phone 1 the first time and now i ve used it 16 times im up to i phone 16 on my connection .i kno it s nothing major but was just wonderin if this was common thank ypu in adv ance

opsmonkey
27th July, 2009, 07:43 PM
does anyone know of a connection manager that has a MMS facility..??

-Hox-
28th July, 2009, 04:22 PM
hi i was just wonderin if everyone has the same prob has me ...everytime i logon the internet using this usb i have to make a new connection so that it says i phone 1 the first time and now i ve used it 16 times im up to i phone 16 on my connection .i kno it s nothing major but was just wonderin if this was common thank ypu in adv ance

Haven't heard of that one yet! Have you checked all of your settings?! Obvious thing to say I know, and I appreciate you're probably not a meat head! Haha!

juanali
29th July, 2009, 02:06 AM
Try changing the dial number to *99#, keep the same user and password, but let the other settings be auto detected... works for me! The blue light reflects when you have good signal, it goes red when it's crap!

The blue light i get is a flashing one. I believe it is connected to 3g when it is a idle blue light and not a flashing one. Any ideas on what that could mean????

gingebond
29th July, 2009, 02:10 PM
hi guys im struggling here..i have unlocked the dongle, just cant activate the 3g sim! i have tried putting it in my o2 phone. and on o2 website but dont know were to activate it.. any help please

-Hox-
29th July, 2009, 04:03 PM
The blue light i get is a flashing one. I believe it is connected to 3g when it is a idle blue light and not a flashing one. Any ideas on what that could mean????

The blue flashes on mine is when it's connected to HSDPA, which is the best! It starts flashing red when it drops to anything lower.

-Hox-
29th July, 2009, 04:10 PM
hi guys im struggling here..i have unlocked the dongle, just cant activate the 3g sim! i have tried putting it in my o2 phone. and on o2 website but dont know were to activate it.. any help please

Have you put credit on it?!

https://registration.o2.co.uk/o2/webtopup/mobiledetailsprepare.do

Go there, type the number in, and top up. Should work fine then!

gingebond
29th July, 2009, 04:43 PM
sorted it! just got back from o2 shop, they gave me a dud sim first time round! they give me another iphone sim free when i topped up and i just got the guy to set it all up for me to save my hairline anymore death lol.

right then ding ding round three.

gingebond
29th July, 2009, 05:13 PM
right i have entered all the settings on telstra and its all connected. the dongle is flashing blue but i cant open ie. is there somethin else i need to do? when i open ie it just says 'ie cannot display the web page'. what am i doing wrong?

father ted
29th July, 2009, 05:17 PM
right i have entered all the settings on telstra and its all connected. the dongle is flashing blue but i cant open ie. is there somethin else i need to do? when i open ie it just says 'ie cannot display the web page'. what am i doing wrong?

try opening ff a lot easier

gingebond
29th July, 2009, 05:29 PM
i haven't got ff ted. wer do i get it?

manxspud
29th July, 2009, 05:34 PM
Try here...

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable | Mozilla Europe (http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox)

gingebond
29th July, 2009, 05:43 PM
ok got ff up n running but its still not connecting. i dont know what im doing wrong.

gingebond
29th July, 2009, 05:51 PM
ok iv disconnected my wireless so the dongle is the only connection. i have been able to write this post but when i try and open a new page it wont connect. seems strange why i can do that.

gingebond
29th July, 2009, 07:21 PM
all running great now!!! i went to network connections, dongle, properties. then added new num to dial if *99***1# fails which was *99# and turned off windows firewall and bobs your uncle.

Thanks to jayjayuk, berley and metalkettle!!!!!! and everyone else whos helped.

-Hox-
29th July, 2009, 08:56 PM
all running great now!!! i went to network connections, dongle, properties. then added new num to dial if *99***1# fails which was *99# and turned off windows firewall and bobs your uncle.

Thanks to jayjayuk, berley and metalkettle!!!!!! and everyone else whos helped.

That's exactly what I was gonna say next - someone else up there somewhere had the same thing... oddly though, I've used both numbers and it worked fine...?! Glad you got it working mate, happy days!

Somebody
29th July, 2009, 09:03 PM

I got this from the MF626 (not 627) user guide:

LED indication Modem status

Orange Power on. Not registered on the 2G or 3G network
Green solid Registered on the 2G network
Green blinking Active data transfer on the 2G network
Blue solid Registered on the 3G network
Blue blinking Active data transfer on the 3G network
Red solid Roaming status
Red blinking Active data transfer in roaming status

Thing is, mine flashes red when connected!?!

boothuk
30th July, 2009, 10:53 AM
What speed is the o2 net at? Can someone confirm this is still working? The original offer has now ceased and they have a rebate for half price dongle + 5 free albums.

gingebond
30th July, 2009, 02:04 PM
yea mate theyr now 9.99 which is still a great offer. i ordered another for mi bro lastnite. as for the speed i cant tell the difference to my normal vm connection, which is 10mb i think!

Chadder
30th July, 2009, 02:17 PM
If you have an access to an 02 phone with internet access then any 02 sim that is gprs enabled will will do .

All you have to do to update the sim is put it in the phone and send a free text message containing the keyword "WWW" to 21300 or call free on 2425 from your O2 mobile .

you can tell if a sim is gps enabled by looking on the underside of the sim, you will still need to top up at least ?10.00, i wonder what my 02 supprise will be, lol.

juanali
31st July, 2009, 12:24 PM
Chaps managed to get mine working. Turned out it was a problem from o2's side. Called them and she made some changes and was up and running in minutes.

Anyone know how to unlock a vodaphone k3760 dongle or have the software to do it???

Thanks

pjam10
6th August, 2009, 04:27 PM
Got mine working now ....many thanks to all

ExPro
6th August, 2009, 06:34 PM
The link posted says offer expired end of last month so I went trawling the net and found some ebay sellers selling them (cheeky!) but it says you can only get the service within specified WiFi hotspots.

From this thread, I got the impression the free internet was from wherever you could get a phone signal.

Can someone please confirm and clarify?

dasteph
6th August, 2009, 08:56 PM
The link posted says offer expired end of last month so I went trawling the net and found some ebay sellers selling them (cheeky!) but it says you can only get the service within specified WiFi hotspots.

From this thread, I got the impression the free internet was from wherever you could get a phone signal.

Can someone please confirm and clarify?

it is the same as using a mobile phone.

richrab
6th August, 2009, 10:20 PM
Got mine working within half an hour of opening the box.
Make a few adjustments to telstra config (dial number *99#, use name & p/w = payand go) leave everything else alone.
Great signal at home but varies out doors, just like a mobile.
Overall i am very pleased.

Thanks to all.

oscarjohnboy
7th August, 2009, 04:17 PM
i tried to unlocked my 3 dongle and now it seems to be wiped no light or nothing is there any way to fix it or is it f***ed any help would be greatfull thanks.

manson
7th August, 2009, 06:01 PM
i got an unlocked dongle and topped up iphone sim card off ebay. i loaded software but it says to check my signal strength or user settings and will not connect me.

Iwas told to use telstra connection manager. any idea where i can get this from
or any idea of what i need to do to get it to work?

amreed10
7th August, 2009, 07:59 PM
how do you get them unlocked please help.......

dasteph
8th August, 2009, 04:52 PM
how do you get them unlocked please help.......

all the info on unlocking is in this thread might have to start at the first post and work your way through but the info is there.

page 2 post 18

Delmonte
9th August, 2009, 10:46 AM
I created the account, but then logging in gives a runtime error.

Using firefox, If I use IE8 it shows account details but no basket?

Anyone had similar issues?

Edit- All fine today, ordered and paid for :)

dasteph
10th August, 2009, 06:42 PM
the dongle is back free plus postage for anybody that's. still interested

DannoUK
10th August, 2009, 11:04 PM
Can i just stick my contract o2 sim in one of these dongles after unlocking it or do i need to get one of those iphone sims mentioned earlier in this thread? I have the unlimited web bolton as part of my contract.

Thanks

Dan

dasteph
11th August, 2009, 10:45 AM
Can i just stick my contract o2 sim in one of these dongles after unlocking it or do i need to get one of those iphone sims mentioned earlier in this thread? I have the unlimited web bolton as part of my contract.

Thanks

Dan

iphone sim gives you the 12months free internet once it has been topped up with ?10.

DannoUK
11th August, 2009, 12:44 PM
Cheers for your reply mate, but as i already have a normal o2 contract which includes unlimited (within reason) internet, can i just remove the sim from my phone and use it in the dongle whenever i want to go on the internet? I assume i can, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

dasteph
11th August, 2009, 12:58 PM
give it a go might have to change the settings in the connection manager though.

sweeper
11th August, 2009, 11:08 PM
I was looking on o2 website as i wanted new sims it says that iphone sim has to be topped up with ?10 per month now for unlimited wifi and web bolt ons is this correct or am i misunderstanding the internet side
Thanks

scubar
13th August, 2009, 01:12 PM
i am lead to belive that it is probably a good idea to make a call from the sim every few months to prevent o2 from deactivating it.

opsmonkey
13th August, 2009, 07:15 PM
you can send a text message from the connection manager and also send a text to the dongle.. this will prevent it from being deactivated.. you get 12 months anyway..

@ sweeper.. you must have read it wrong mate..

Unlimited data and Wi-Fi

Data usage whilst roaming not included. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 9,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud and BT Openzone. Excessive usage policy and full terms apply. At the end of the twelve month free period you will start to be charged ?10 per month for the Unlimited Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On. We'll send you a text communication at the end of the twelve month free period to inform you that your free Bolt On is coming to an end and give you advice on how to opt out if required.

sweeper
14th August, 2009, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry you are right i read it wrong but can i ask you a question if you ask for free sims from o2 can they be activated as if it was in an iphone and how would you fool them into thinking you had an iphone
Thanks
sweeper

MetalKettle
14th August, 2009, 08:38 AM
I'm sorry you are right i read it wrong but can i ask you a question if you ask for free sims from o2 can they be activated as if it was in an iphone and how would you fool them into thinking you had an iphone
Thanks
sweeper

You need the specific iPhone Pay as you go sim. None of the other payg sims have the unlimited tinternet, unless you pay ?10 per month as you described earlier.

To get unlimited tinternet for a one-off ?10 topup you need the iphone pay as you go sim.

Chadder
14th August, 2009, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=MetalKettle;254241]You need the specific iPhone Pay as you go sim. None of the other payg sims have the unlimited tinternet, unless you pay ?10 per month as you described earlier.

No you dont mate , i just used my normal o2 sim.

just text keyword "WWW" to 21300 and O2 will update the sim .

Delmonte
15th August, 2009, 09:02 AM
My dongle just came, I tested with my own 3 sim which I pay ?5 a month out of my credit for unlimited internet and it's a lot quicker than I thought.

glynemrys
15th August, 2009, 02:36 PM
Great post. Just ordered the 3 dongle for ?4.95. Cheap as chips.

DannoUK
17th August, 2009, 11:32 PM
Dongle arrived on saturday....flashed in 19mins, working great with my o2 contract sim with web bolton.

Thanks for all the help!

manson
18th August, 2009, 09:38 PM
I have got mine up and running - but its on for a few days and then off again.... Is this simply due to the recent O2 data usage meltdown within the network or am I doing something wrong?

Used the connection manager and all the details from previous posts and I got it up for a few days it, but then stoppped. I reinstalled the software and got it back again. But its has recently stopped again.

Is this a software issue, a vista issue or simply a network availability issue? I know the variables are endless but has anyone else recently been having this problem?

Time2Play
23rd August, 2009, 11:31 AM
hi i ordered one fo these the otherday is it true if fi buy a iphone sim i get 12 mounths free first then each mounth free iff i top up 10 a mounth

harmio
23rd August, 2009, 07:25 PM
Does anyone have any info on the upload speed of this connection? I need to do a live audio broadcast of an hour event in 128kbps upload..can this connection support this?

harmio
23rd August, 2009, 07:37 PM
plus....I have just joined this forum guys, It is awesome!

I am trying to download the instructions.zip from page 2 but it wont let me, as It says I havent posted before (but I have, just now !)..any info on why?

cheers people

smoggy
23rd August, 2009, 07:55 PM
plus....I have just joined this forum guys, It is awesome!

I am trying to download the instructions.zip from page 2 but it wont let me, as It says I havent posted before (but I have, just now !)..any info on why?

cheers people

you have to wait until the server updates about 15 - 30 mins

richrab
24th August, 2009, 08:22 PM
Does anyone have any info on the upload speed of this connection? I need to do a live audio broadcast of an hour event in 128kbps upload..can this connection support this?

Obviously depending on your signal strength and location.
I am using mine now and its fine for general surfing.
Would not play C.O.D on line or download torrents with it though.

This is what I got from speedtest.net.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/547577705.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
So my upload falls way short of your needs.

Perhaps others could show their speeds.

bigfella
25th August, 2009, 04:46 PM
hi was wonderin does it make any difference if u use telstra connection manager or globe........have done one dongle and used globe becos i was havin a lil difficulty gettinit up n runnin and that s wat cum up on my lappy.im doin another for my g f and was wonderin would it be better on telstra connection manager as recommended.the dongle on globe is ok ..goes off now n again.cant get webcam or video call on msn and keeps makin new connections up to i phone 22 now lol also was wonderin if it is better on telstra cud i change the one i got on globe to be used on telstra...........all the best and thank u very much bigfella:hmmmm2:

Time2Play
26th August, 2009, 09:41 AM
when have people receved thairs only becouse i sent for one 5 days ago and still not receved it evan tho it says 4 days

bigfella
26th August, 2009, 11:35 AM
hi have just been to o2 shop n purchased a 3 g sim card for a i phone and was informed i would have to pay a tenner a month for the iphone broadband bolt -on n also i needed to phone o2 up to activate the sim .i hAve done one of these before but i bought the card off e bay it said on the packagin i phone sim card while the one i bought from the shop just says 3 g . also in the shop he said the sim were preset before .i was wonderin does this make any difference ....will i get the yrs free broadband with this card ,have o2 cottoned on to wat s goin on and changed the sim so u can no longer get the full yur s free......??? have got it workin on my lappy for now but the signal doesnt seem a strong as the other one i did with the other sim ,i kkep losin connection keeps changin from blue flashin light to the red flashin light from HSDPA to GRPS or EDGE,,,Any suggestions would be most welcome................wo0nder if it s a sim prob or a config prob as i d config ed the other dongle on the same lappy ???

sykes
26th August, 2009, 05:57 PM
i would also like to know if this still work please

dasteph
26th August, 2009, 06:17 PM
hi have just been to o2 shop n purchased a 3 g sim card for a i phone and was informed i would have to pay a tenner a month for the iphone broadband bolt -on n also i needed to phone o2 up to activate the sim .i hAve done one of these before but i bought the card off e bay it said on the packagin i phone sim card while the one i bought from the shop just says 3 g . also in the shop he said the sim were preset before .i was wonderin does this make any difference ....will i get the yrs free broadband with this card ,have o2 cottoned on to wat s goin on and changed the sim so u can no longer get the full yur s free......??? have got it workin on my lappy for now but the signal doesnt seem a strong as the other one i did with the other sim ,i kkep losin connection keeps changin from blue flashin light to the red flashin light from HSDPA to GRPS or EDGE,,,Any suggestions would be most welcome................wo0nder if it s a sim prob or a config prob as i d config ed the other dongle on the same lappy ???

tell them someone gave you an older model iphone and you want to use it as pay and go and need a sim card see what response you get.

dasteph
26th August, 2009, 06:20 PM
i would also like to know if this still work please

if your after the free dongle check here.

Welcome to 3 Dongle 4 Free (http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/)

sykes
26th August, 2009, 06:22 PM
no got dongle was wondering about the iphone sim deal

bigfella
26th August, 2009, 06:58 PM
tell them someone gave you an older model iphone and you want to use it as pay and go and need a sim card see what response you get.

told them i was gonna get one offa e bay n they gave that one but i think o2 r sellin a diff sim now...the one i got e bay was much better n as i ve said in the previous post had different packagin ...i phone pay as u go sim as opposed to this one which is 3g sim.it s a real pity cos i was pleased with the results from the first one i did and this one i ve just wasted m time n money unless any one has idea s ???/

sgerrard
27th August, 2009, 01:12 PM
why didnt you just buy an iphone simcard off ebay again mate?

i went into the o2 store and when i asked for a pay as you go sim card they guy said "we cant just give you one, or you will have free internet for a year, if you top it up!!"

i thought we had all been rumbled and that they were clocking onto this....

but i bought one from ebay for ?3.50 and topped up a tenner and its been working fine!

dik
28th August, 2009, 12:30 PM
Has anyone got any idea how I get my O2 contract sim to work in this, I have sucessfully unlocked the dongle, I can send & recieve text messages via the dongle but cannot connect to web, I have the unlimited web bolt on, I have also tried a friends sim ( also on O2 ) I have tried various dial numbers, usernames & IP addresses that I have found looking on the web, I have also texted WWW to 21300 as someone else on here suggested but got a network response "O2WEBANDWIFI has not been sucessful as your tarriff is ineligible" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dasteph
28th August, 2009, 02:54 PM
told them i was gonna get one offa e bay n they gave that one but i think o2 r sellin a diff sim now...the one i got e bay was much better n as i ve said in the previous post had different packagin ...i phone pay as u go sim as opposed to this one which is 3g sim.it s a real pity cos i was pleased with the results from the first one i did and this one i ve just wasted m time n money unless any one has idea s ???/

i know when i got mine it was an ordinary 3g sim when the girl in the shop phoned up to have it activated she told them it was for an iphone and she said they changed settings at their end maybe it depends on the shop assistant or maybe i am just lucky.

donkeyboy
29th August, 2009, 08:51 PM
did all that was asked
but the invoice says a total of ?28 ish
any one got ant info

Stasz
29th August, 2009, 09:52 PM
get it unlocked.....

buy an 02 iphone sim

top up with ?10

Could you let me know how to unlock this dongle, please.
Thanx

bigfella
29th August, 2009, 09:53 PM
i know when i got mine it was an ordinary 3g sim when the girl in the shop phoned up to have it activated she told them it was for an iphone and she said they changed settings at their end maybe it depends on the shop assistant or maybe i am just lucky.

yup suppose so.....the sim on e bay says i phone sim card on the packagin.. n these work ok the one s in the shop just say 3 g sim .....suppose u r rite about the shop assistants:reddy: .:bootyshake:..one was ok but the other was a ***** and said something to him n he went bac n changed it:hmmmm2: lol....the sim s on e bay have gone up to a tenner now plus a tenner to activate ..but still cheap for a yr s broadband i suppose

bigfella
29th August, 2009, 09:54 PM
Could you let me know how to unlock this dongle, please.
Thanx

read this thread all the way thro ..all the information u need is here m8

bigfella
29th August, 2009, 09:56 PM
did all that was asked
any one got ant info

u need the redemtion coupon code m8 try again in half a hr

dik
29th August, 2009, 10:18 PM
did all that was asked
any one got ant info
If you mean the free dongle then you need the code they email you in order to get the ?19.99 dongle price removed

donkeyboy
30th August, 2009, 10:43 AM
how long for the email to come
its been w while now

dasteph
30th August, 2009, 11:19 AM
If you mean the free dongle then you need the code they email you in order to get the ?19.99 dongle price removed

i phoned them and got the code i think theres a phone number in this thread or on the web page.

donkeyboy
30th August, 2009, 05:01 PM
cant see any number
do u still have it
cheers man

dasteph
30th August, 2009, 08:21 PM
cant see any number
do u still have it
cheers man

Telephone: 0870 460 7709 this is the number i used.

critical1
31st August, 2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for this, it;s gonna save me loads of cash :)

ricardo11
1st September, 2009, 03:42 PM
Yes m8 they are free from the shop. just top up with a tenner when you get it :)I HAVE HAD THIS 02 3G APPLE SIM for 3 months now using it for iphone 3g but my daughter dropped it on the floor so i ve put it in my n95 but i still have to top up 10 pounds every month ???? any ideas (oh and i ve just ordered my dongle)

mahabad1972
3rd September, 2009, 12:35 AM
hi what do you mean by that i already asked for that free dongle 4.99 it should arrive in a while but can you tell me how you can get a free internet for one year for 10 pound or 10 pound a month

Great find jayjayuk, do you have any more information on free net access for a year n how hard

Did anyone notice if their payment page was encryted i didnt see the usual lock in the address bar.i could do with a new dongle I paid 50 for mine from woolies and now its playing up

:hahaha:

D8MNZ
3rd September, 2009, 11:26 AM
all set up now and running altho its not5 the fastest speed is it

is this right ?? :hmmmm2:

kennygo53
3rd September, 2009, 02:34 PM
hi just wondering i have a vodaphone dongle that i dont use any more could i flash this one and do what you are doing with o2 sim cheers

D8MNZ
3rd September, 2009, 03:44 PM
hi just wondering i have a vodaphone dongle that i dont use any more could i flash this one and do what you are doing with o2 sim cheers

abd opening it up to accept 02

frazzeld
5th September, 2009, 12:28 AM
Activated the sim tonight....web & wifi packaged 12mths...got a text back later saying the bolt on expires in one month?

pug
5th September, 2009, 12:56 AM
Does any one know how to unlock these things!!!!!!!!

frazzeld
5th September, 2009, 01:21 AM
Does any one know how to unlock these things!!!!!!!!

Start reading from page 1, all the instructions and files are in the early pages

daffo
7th September, 2009, 09:54 PM
recieved my dongle today, looking forward to free internet ,thanks for all the info, great forum!

TheGodfather
8th September, 2009, 04:01 AM
Right just ordered my dongle :) Cheers.

Anyone know where i can get the iPhone 3G sim for cheaper than 10-14.99?

PETERG
8th September, 2009, 01:35 PM
I followed the link in the very first post & it says the offer is no closed, or does anyone know different????

dasteph
8th September, 2009, 02:03 PM
I followed the link in the very first post & it says the offer is no closed, or does anyone know different????

no the offer is finished.

TheGodfather
8th September, 2009, 03:54 PM
no the offer is finished.

Uhm, i ordered mine last night fine for 4.95

-Hox-
8th September, 2009, 07:53 PM
Right just ordered my dongle :) Cheers.

Anyone know where i can get the iPhone 3G sim for cheaper than 10-14.99?

eBay mate, about ?3.50 delivered I paid for mine!

richrab
8th September, 2009, 09:49 PM
Just noticed this text message from O2 dated 31/08

O2: Unlimited web and Wi-Fi is for use with your iPhone only. If your SIM is not being used only in an iPhone then we will remove this within the next 30 days.

This was in my Telstra text message inbox.

Has anyone else had the same or similar ?

TheGodfather
8th September, 2009, 10:30 PM
eBay mate, about ?3.50 delivered I paid for mine!

That is where i have been looking bud, think they've shot up lately with everyone using them for different devices.

-Hox-
8th September, 2009, 10:37 PM
That is where i have been looking bud, think they've shot up lately with everyone using them for different devices.

Mine was ?2.99 delivered actually, bargain! Blimey, just checked the prices now... not many on there, and all going for big bucks... not good. But... someone said you can go into an O2 shop, tell them you've just bought an iPhone from eBay etc, and they'll give you a free sim?? Might be worth a try.

-Hox-
8th September, 2009, 10:38 PM

O2: Unlimited web and Wi-Fi is for use with your iPhone only. If your SIM is not being used only in an iPhone then we will remove this within the next 30 days.

Damn, that's not good. My girlfriend's using it at her house... I'll check at the weekend! DOH!

TheGodfather
9th September, 2009, 12:20 AM
Damn, that's not good. My girlfriend's using it at her house... I'll check at the weekend! DOH!

Yeah, just hope it's been sent to everyone to try and scare them off. There are still plenty of people using them and probably will be for months to come.

smoggy
9th September, 2009, 11:37 AM

had 2 messages yesterday

O2: month 3 of your free O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On is now active. If you need any help or have any questions then please visit _http://www.o2.co.uk The UK's Leading Provider of Mobile Phones, Broadband & SIMs for info

O2: Your SIM is not being used in your iPhone so we have removed your unlimited web and WiFi. For more information go to _http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions

at present it is still working

taloola
12th September, 2009, 04:37 PM

http://www.4shared.com/file/108615604/2f767800/ZTE_MF627_UNLOCKERpart1.htmlthis is the username and password settings for the iphone sim

works a treat :)hi , i have got the sim and dongle worjing on my pc but cannot access any web pages via ie or firefox any ideas

D8MNZ
13th September, 2009, 08:33 AM
the dreaded message ie your not using the phone so were removing the free web ??

tempo123
13th September, 2009, 08:39 PM
I did get the orribile message but still working at the moment, anyone know if is true or not that they are going to kill my free internet?many thanks

TheGodfather
14th September, 2009, 03:56 PM
Just thought i'd let people know, i received my dongle today :)

steve3123
14th September, 2009, 04:43 PM
I have a dongle that i would love to unlock but no matter where i search i cannot find an unlock solution,

Its a globetrotter icon225 any ideas??? :bounce:

-Hox-
14th September, 2009, 06:45 PM

Ok, I checked the SIM at my girlfriends house, and no message at all... and still working perfectly!! :proud:

cunny
19th September, 2009, 07:39 PM
Ok guys anybody know if this is still working as i need another 1 now.

Cheers

TheGodfather
20th September, 2009, 01:31 AM
You mean the sim or dongle?

I got my dongle not so long back, so think theyre still valid!

However the o2 iPhone sims are stupid money, and not gonna last much longer apparently.

manxspud
20th September, 2009, 08:37 AM
Don't forget you can use this to send/receive texts from your pc... ok you may need to top up a little extra now and again... but does this not give the impression that you are using the sim in a iphone. Overuse of the broadband bolt on with no texts or calls is a sure way to be disconnected. I'm using this full time in my laptop and have had no warnings from o2... but i am also sending/receiving texts as well. Just my 2 penny worth...
All the best manxspud.

Ps. Godfather... to the best of my knowledge the sim can be activated upto jan 2010 and receive the bb bolt on... i bought 2 sims with this in mind...

TheGodfather
20th September, 2009, 03:58 PM
By not lasting much longer, i mean about them stopping the sims in the dongles. Not the promotion/free internet offer

manxspud
20th September, 2009, 10:50 PM
I understood what you saying... if you read my last post again this is why i mentioned about using the dongle for texts... don't be too greedy and my bet is you will be ok. The bb bolt on is a great bonus...but as always greed will spoil it.
Best wishes manxspud.

vok73
26th September, 2009, 07:56 PM
HI,
I am new and I hope you can help me.
I have unlocked the 3 usb ZTE MF627
I bought an Iphone 3G sim card and topped with ?10.( I do not know if there is
a sim card for phone and one for usb mobile modem, I just asked for a sim card).
Installed the Telstra connection manager and set it
for O2.

Tested and everything worked perfectly.

Now the problem.

After 3 hours of surfing the connection dropped.
Tried to riconnect many time but not chance.

Then I phone O2 customer service and they told me that
the sim card is active but the credit of ?10 is run out.
He said because of surfing on Internet.

My question:
How can be possible that if we assume that the
combination of this unlocked 3 usb ZTE MF627 with iphone 3g sim card
gives you unlimited connection for a year?

DO I have to top up the card again in order to connect to the
internet?

I would apreciate you help.

Thank you very much in advance.