PDA

View Full Version : Openmedia Flash

zizobouta
14th May, 2009, 11:42 AM
how can i flash my open media 500cs ? is it a clone ? what image is best and also is it like dream box 500? thanks for ur help

yamar1
14th May, 2009, 10:01 PM
how can i flash my open media 500cs ? is it a clone ? what image is best and also is it like dream box 500? thanks for ur help

flash it with dream up, avoid gemini images, treat it as a clone DM500, the DK image in the downloads is fine.;)

zizobouta
14th May, 2009, 10:28 PM
thanks yamar

zizobouta
15th May, 2009, 11:32 AM
Hi yamar,

i updated dk 1.1 100 pecent great and on. but when i check software on sat switch it s still showing dk1.0.

on cable it shows 1.1. so do i have to turn the switch to sat then flash again with dk 1.1? so that both sat and cable have same soft on? how does it work? also if i updated sat can i view some sat channels like nova cyfra plus....? what best image for sat? thanks yamar and friends.

yamar1
15th May, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hi yamar,

i updated dk 1.1 100 pecent great and on. but when i check software on sat switch it s still showing dk1.0.

on cable it shows 1.1. so do i have to turn the switch to sat then flash again with dk 1.1? so that both sat and cable have same soft on? how does it work? also if i updated sat can i view some sat channels like nova cyfra plus....? what best image for sat? thanks yamar and friends.

dont know much about the sat side havnt got round to setting that up on mine yet, but to flash it, switch it off at the mains, flick the switch on the back, power back on and flash with dreamup, you can use 2 different images, one for cable one for sat or the same on both if you want,, have a look and post in the dreambox sat section as thats basicly what it is 2 dm500 in one!, someone will recommend a decent image in there for sat.;)

father ted
15th May, 2009, 07:12 PM
you have to flash them as two separate 500 tuners so you flash the cable side do wot you want with that then flash the sat side (first make sure switch at back of box is set to sat)and do wotr you want with that mines runs on dk1.1 for the cable side and nabilosat on the sat side but of course you can flash them with both with the same image

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st May, 2009, 10:00 PM
ive heard that pli jade is a good image for sat!

Bulld0g
21st May, 2009, 10:03 PM
Tried it m8. Thats the one that wont find Thor for some reason. Well maybe not the image but thats the problem I'M having with that image

Curious123
21st May, 2009, 10:55 PM
Tried it m8. Thats the one that wont find Thor for some reason. Well maybe not the image but thats the problem I'M having with that image
I use the Pli Jade 2 for my sat and it works fine 28.2 and 1.0W Thor though you need to make some minor adjustments.

Try doing Menu > Setup > Transponders & satellite > Transponder edit > find thor and select edit > change 10 to 8 and save.