PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys I just got a vu+ solo clone with VIX=711 IMAGE on it! help please!

DeloopIre
8th November, 2013, 01:37 AM
Hi guys I just got a vu+ solo clone with VIX=711 IMAGE on it!

& thats about as much as I no about Vu boxes I've come up to this from an openbox s11 which was simple but epg now & next driving me mad so I want to upgrade to this,

I was reading lots of posts eg
Dummies guide for setting up your VU+but alot of the info was about Motorised Dishes, Enigma2, blackhole etc I dont no what these are & if my box can take them

I want to no the best way to setup this box,

is that VIX=711 IMAGE upto date?

can I install a 160gb ide hd? is it safe to do so being a vu+ solo clone?

can I get a good 7 day EPG? can it also auto update or is that taking the p?

I'm sorry to all the guys who are sick of the dumb newbies questions but i want to learn & upgrade to the Vu+ Duo after I learn the solo!

please help if you can guys

DOUGALMCD
8th November, 2013, 11:10 AM
The latest image is 778 for a genuine box it depends on which clone and version you have. I would not go flashing new images until you learn how to use it first. If image you are using is ok leave it alone and make a back up of your image in case you mess up you can reload the image. You can't install hdd internally on solo you can use portable hdd drive powered ones usually work better and remember to mount the drive and set the path ie media hdd do this via blue button > mount manager. You should be able to record and timeshift now. Configure epg to media hdd or media usb whichever you prefer. Mount the usb also and set path media usb. You can also put picon folder on usb if you wish. Go to crossepg and set up once a day download press back select update rytec > ok select update xepgdb > ok select source provider select one you want with tick. exit press blue button then crossepg and ok. This should get you started hth

DeloopIre
8th November, 2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks so much bud!!!! I'm looking forward to running this box!!!

The latest image is 778 for a genuine box it depends on which clone and version you have. I would not go flashing new images until you learn how to use it first. If image you are using is ok leave it alone and make a back up of your image in case you mess up you can reload the image. You can't install hdd internally on solo you can use portable hdd drive powered ones usually work better and remember to mount the drive and set the path ie media hdd do this via blue button > mount manager. You should be able to record and timeshift now. Configure epg to media hdd or media usb whichever you prefer. Mount the usb also and set path media usb. You can also put picon folder on usb if you wish. Go to crossepg and set up once a day download press back select update rytec > ok select update xepgdb > ok select source provider select one you want with tick. exit press blue button then crossepg and ok. This should get you started hth

ROGER_L
9th November, 2013, 06:34 PM
Dear want2wear,This is roger7golf seller of box made mistake in advert=should read VIX721 image{don,t upgrade further or within box drivers not suitabie for clone }I used similar hdd drive will load automatic on reboot.IF YOU USE MEDIA PORTALS MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THEM UPDATED/ ALSO THEY FREEZE BOX SO YOU HAVE TO REBOOT .Hope this helps.ROGER

DeloopIre
9th November, 2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks bud!!!

Dear want2wear,This is roger7golf seller of box made mistake in advert=should read VIX721 image{don,t upgrade further or within box drivers not suitabie for clone }I used similar hdd drive will load automatic on reboot.IF YOU USE MEDIA PORTALS MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THEM UPDATED/ ALSO THEY FREEZE BOX SO YOU HAVE TO REBOOT .Hope this helps.ROGER

DeloopIre
11th November, 2013, 10:10 PM
Got that sorted thanks guys