PDA

View Full Version : Updating wii

emilie333228
15th May, 2009, 03:38 AM
Hi guys!
Kind of new to this forum...
Just thought I'd ask how far its safe to update a wii modified with a wiikey? It keeps asking me to update it, but I don't want to brick it...
Thanks!

breadbun
15th May, 2009, 04:47 PM
I would quite like to know this too. I am currently on system software 3.3E and have homebrew channel installed. Now a couple of my games keep asking me to update, and I don't know whether I should or not in case it stops certain things from working. I have tried launching the games via Gecko thus bypassing the update request, but get an error :(

Would be grateful for some advice. Thanks!

ocrim
15th May, 2009, 06:43 PM
I Had The same prob with Pikmen2 and Sims, the are pal version and after update no prob they work fine,

redfaewishy
16th May, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hi i ve got drivekey installed and i ve updated both from games and the internet no problem ( but a little nail biting while i was waiting:afraid::barscarf:). from what i ve gathered the problem arises when you install updates from ntsc to a pal machine and vice versa. most mods let you play both foriegn and home games so just be careful where the update is for then there should nt be any prob

yugimon121
25th May, 2009, 09:49 PM
what reign is your game?
what reign is your wii?
if you're playing an NTSC game on a pal wii (or vice versa) and it wants an update, don't. get a backup of the game and use the update brick blocker to get rid of the update.